Page 1 of 1

email don't work

Posted: Monday 23 February 2026 9:51
by Filnet
Hello,

"domoticz.email" was working fine until early February. But strangely, no emails have been sent since. I haven't changed any settings. The "Test" function in the settings works correctly. Thinking it might be a problem with my ISP, I changed the email address, but it didn't help.

A Python script on the same Raspberry Pi sends emails correctly using the original address. What's the problem?

Notice that I stay in beta 17099, due to recent problem with the beta versions.

Thank you

Re: email don't work

Posted: Monday 23 February 2026 10:16
by waltervl
You mean dzvents domoticz.email function?
What if you send a simple email from dzvents without for example attachments?
It is known that some ISP's do not support multi form html emails (used for attachments): viewtopic.php?t=44359

Re: email don't work

Posted: Monday 23 February 2026 13:10
by Filnet

Code: Select all

return {
	on = { timer = {'Every minute'},},

	execute = function(domoticz, triggeredItem)
    print('------> Hello')
    domoticz.email('', '', '[email protected]')
    domoticz.email('aa', 'bb', [email protected]')
    domoticz.email('', '', '[email protected]')
    domoticz.email('aa', 'bb', '[email protected]')
	end
}
In the setting, I also tried to change email and smtp (smtp.orange.fr -> smtp.mail.me.com)
No email received.

Re: email don't work

Posted: Monday 23 February 2026 15:05
by jvdz
Did you properly define the Server/Port/Userid/Password to use for your provider and send succesfully a test mail from the config screen?

Re: email don't work

Posted: Monday 23 February 2026 20:17
by Filnet
@ jvdz

Thank you for your reply.
As I said in my previous message, I have already tested sending emails from the configuration screen and it works perfectly.


Important note: I have a second Domoticz installation in another residence and domoticz.email() stopped working at the same time (site 30 km away, different username and email address).

Re: email don't work

Posted: Thursday 05 March 2026 15:31
by Filnet
Now, with the new beta release, domoticz.mail() works but the message text don't accept \r or \n . These escape characters are forgotten in the send message.

Re: email don't work

Posted: Thursday 05 March 2026 20:17
by Kedi
Try testing with <br> and/or <p> inplace of the \r \n

Re: email don't work

Posted: Thursday 05 March 2026 22:37
by Filnet
Thank you Kedi,

It works well, now.