SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
Moderator: leecollings
- jvdz
- Posts: 2476
- Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 4.107
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
Just had a look, and we could add a test in that code section to avoid the hard error in the log, and only generate a log message for "Verbose" stating the device is missing in the table, but it will simply skip processing the device for this heartbeat.
I can't test the change since I don't have Meters/Batteries, so please PM/email me when you like to test the change for me before I commit it in github.
I can't test the change since I don't have Meters/Batteries, so please PM/email me when you like to test the change for me before I commit it in github.
- jvdz
- Posts: 2476
- Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 4.107
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
The additional tests to avoid the reported errors is committed to the MetersDev branch.
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
Testing with the meters dev branch, what does: status: Solaredge: Skip Sync as P1 not updated last (56603893) seconds and restore default update interval mean?
No updates now, switching back to Addies branch
Edit: I suppose P1 refers to smart meter data? In what format does it need to be? I use a youless for my smart meter, the data looks like this: 3406118;975140;496075;1460471;31;0
No updates now, switching back to Addies branch
Edit: I suppose P1 refers to smart meter data? In what format does it need to be? I use a youless for my smart meter, the data looks like this: 3406118;975140;496075;1460471;31;0
- jvdz
- Posts: 2476
- Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 4.107
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
Guess you defined a p1 idx which the plugin tries to use to sync its updates to solaredge with? This message simply states that the supplied idx did update for that number of seconds so it will use the default defined update timer seconds. All should still work fine.
The only thing used of the p1 device is the lastupdatetime.
The only thing used of the p1 device is the lastupdatetime.
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
A ok, clear.
Hm, switched to my test docker, same image as production. This seems to work
Edit: there is no check (on ID) whether a device is already present? I have a lot of duplicate devices now
Edit2: I obviously have to do more tests/checks
Edit3: Not all device occur twice, I guess the check is only done for the first device. The double deviceID's could be a problem I suppose
Hm, switched to my test docker, same image as production. This seems to work
Edit: there is no check (on ID) whether a device is already present? I have a lot of duplicate devices now
Edit2: I obviously have to do more tests/checks
Edit3: Not all device occur twice, I guess the check is only done for the first device. The double deviceID's could be a problem I suppose
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 400
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
More than half a year ago, I did a fresh install with new OS due to the need of Domoticz Version 2025.2. I got several errors so I had to deactivated this solaredge plugin. Now I run 2026.1 and I thought to give Solaredge Modbus a new trial.
As a basis, I use the instructions from this wiki page
https://wiki.domoticz.com/SolarEdge#Usi ... e_inverter
adopted to MastersDev of course
But when I execute
I get this error message
If anyone could help me with a working step-by-step instruction for a dummy like me, I would highly appreciate that.
As a basis, I use the instructions from this wiki page
https://wiki.domoticz.com/SolarEdge#Usi ... e_inverter
adopted to MastersDev of course
Code: Select all
git clone -b MetersDev https://github.com/jvanderzande/domoticz-solaredge-modbustcp-plugin.git Code: Select all
sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txtCode: Select all
pi@Raspberry:~/domoticz/plugins/domoticz-solaredge-modbustcp-plugin $ pi@Raspber ry:~/domoticz/plugins/domoticz-solaredge-modbustcp-plugin $ sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
error: externally-managed-environment
× This environment is externally managed
╰─> To install Python packages system-wide, try apt install
python3-xyz, where xyz is the package you are trying to
install.
If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package,
create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv.
Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make
sure you have python3-full installed.
For more information visit http://rptl.io/venv
note: If you believe this is a mistake, please contact your Python installation or OS distribution provider. You can override this, at the risk of breaking your Python installation or OS, by passing --break-system-packages.
hint: See PEP 668 for the detailed specification.Stop, look and listen.
-
Rik60
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Sunday 25 June 2023 21:54
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: The Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
You have to setup a Python Vitual environment, follow these steps:
https://wiki.domoticz.com/Using_Python_ ... %20distros
https://wiki.domoticz.com/Using_Python_ ... %20distros
- madpatrick
- Posts: 885
- Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.1
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
Or the quick way
pip3 install -r requirements.txt --break-system-packages
pip3 install -r requirements.txt --break-system-packages
-= HP server GEN11 =- ZwaveJS-=- Domoticz v2026.2 -=- Dashticz =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: SolarEdge production throttling from Domoticz
don't do that! that could break system packages! The best way is to setup an environment (not needed when using Domoticz in a docker container as this is already done)madpatrick wrote: Sunday 10 May 2026 21:15 Or the quick way
pip3 install -r requirements.txt --break-system-packages
Quality outlives Quantity!