🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Moderator: leecollings

User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

Just recognized the menu icon "Recent Events" top right. I am detecting new, cool stuff every day.

EDIT: And rooms filter is working now. Even with the possibility to select multiple rooms.

Nightglass really is extremely much more than just a skin or theme. It lifts Domoticz into a new age up to the stars.

Great! Thanks! ❤️
Last edited by imautohuttraeger on Thursday 07 May 2026 9:44, edited 1 time in total.
Stop, look and listen.
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

domcars0 wrote: Wednesday 06 May 2026 15:25 Hi,
Just a question. I've personnal icons for the 'child lock' switch devices and would like to replace the On/Off png images by awesome fonts.
I've added :

Code: Select all

 'images/ChildLock48_On.png':   'fa-solid fa-lock',
	 'images/ChildLock48_Off.png':   'fa-solid fa-lock-open',
In the src/js/icons.js file.

It works when I load the page, but font does not change when I switch the device (I must reload the page) . What do I do to make it works ?

Thank you very much
I can't help with this particular question. But I know a good workaround:

Upload your individual iconset ChildLock48_On.png and ChildLock48_Off.png via the standard custom icons procedure

(settings / more options / custom icons)

https://wiki.domoticz.com/Custom_icons_for_webinterface

If the name does not correspond to any matching font awesome icon, it will be taken as .PNG and will not be overwritten by a font awesome picture. See my screenshot with individual solar icons. Tested it with a switch also and the on / off change works.
Attachments
Screenshot_20260507-090932.jpg
Screenshot_20260507-090932.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 15243 times
Stop, look and listen.
domcars0
Posts: 20
Joined: Thursday 03 August 2017 22:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.2
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by domcars0 »

imautohuttraeger wrote: Thursday 07 May 2026 9:29
If the name does not correspond to any matching font awesome icon, it will be taken as .PNG and will not be overwritten by a font awesome picture.
Thanks but ... That is what I want (img to be overwritten by fa fonts). It statically works (fa fonts replace the .png img), but when I switch, the fa font does not change, I need to reload the page.
User avatar
waltervl
Posts: 7012
Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by waltervl »

domcars0 wrote: Thursday 07 May 2026 12:41
imautohuttraeger wrote: Thursday 07 May 2026 9:29
If the name does not correspond to any matching font awesome icon, it will be taken as .PNG and will not be overwritten by a font awesome picture.
Thanks but ... That is what I want (img to be overwritten by fa fonts). It statically works (fa fonts replace the .png img), but when I switch, the fa font does not change, I need to reload the page.
Why don't you use the long time build in custom Icon functionality as mentioned before? No need to hardcode something in the js files.
Edit- A wait, you want custom awesome fonts. Why?
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
domcars0
Posts: 20
Joined: Thursday 03 August 2017 22:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.2
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by domcars0 »

waltervl wrote: Thursday 07 May 2026 14:04 Why don't you use the long time build in custom Icon functionality as mentioned before? No need to hardcode something in the js files.
Edit- A wait, you want custom awesome fonts. Why?
??? Why do I want to replace personnal icon by fa fonts ? For the same reason galadril replace png icons by fa fonts :lol:
What don't you understand in my question ?
User avatar
galadril
Posts: 848
Joined: Monday 07 September 2015 10:32
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by galadril »

domcars0 wrote: Thursday 07 May 2026 18:31 ??? Why do I want to replace personnal icon by fa fonts ? For the same reason galadril replace png icons by fa fonts :lol:
What don't you understand in my question ?
Actually the question or need for help is also a bit hard to understand for me :D.

1) The idea is that the custom icon feature of domoticz still works, so you can set a custom icon via Domoticz UI as before
2) This theme only replaces icons that it matches by default
3) There is a way to turn this off completely and use the defaut icons from Domoticz
4) There is now a dialog where you could override the icons for the devices.

Im i something missing, or is something not working as expected?
Solar panels of Ginlong, Omnik-Solar, Transenergy or Solarman?? Try my Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ongmonitor
domcars0
Posts: 20
Joined: Thursday 03 August 2017 22:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.2
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by domcars0 »

Hi,
It looks like my English is too poor to explain my problem, sorry. Anyway, it's not very important. Thanks to all.
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

Write it in your mother tongue in Google translate and paste the English translation here.
Stop, look and listen.
Andreotti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sunday 07 February 2021 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Zuid-Holland (NL)
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Andreotti »

I like this theme very much, it gives Domoticz a long needed fresh look.

But, if I had to come up with suggestions, these would be it:

Respect this setting: Setup->Settings->System->Hardware/Devices->Flash sensor
Also a way to disable Notification history (Recent events)
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

In the settings of the nightglass theme, there is an option for a highlight of changes which can be switched on or off. However, this seems to be redundant with the option of the general settings.
Attachments
Screenshot_20260509-023733.jpg
Screenshot_20260509-023733.jpg (12.96 KiB) Viewed 15068 times
Stop, look and listen.
JediMax
Posts: 15
Joined: Tuesday 23 April 2019 14:35
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2020.2
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by JediMax »

It's very good theme. Thank you.
May I suggest a new feature? In another theme (Aurora), we can group sensors by the beginning of their name. I think this would be very convenient.
Andreotti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sunday 07 February 2021 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Zuid-Holland (NL)
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Andreotti »

imautohuttraeger wrote: Saturday 09 May 2026 2:43 In the settings of the nightglass theme, there is an option for a highlight of changes which can be switched on or off. However, this seems to be redundant with the option of the general settings.
Thanks!

But again, this is a very very nice theme!
User avatar
galadril
Posts: 848
Joined: Monday 07 September 2015 10:32
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by galadril »

Andreotti wrote: Saturday 09 May 2026 1:12 I like this theme very much, it gives Domoticz a long needed fresh look.

But, if I had to come up with suggestions, these would be it:

Respect this setting: Setup->Settings->System->Hardware/Devices->Flash sensor
Also a way to disable Notification history (Recent events)
JediMax wrote: Saturday 09 May 2026 22:36 It's very good theme. Thank you.
May I suggest a new feature? In another theme (Aurora), we can group sensors by the beginning of their name. I think this would be very convenient.
Good suggestions!

Would you create a Issue/Feature Request here please:
https://github.com/galadril/Domoticz-Ni ... eme/issues
(Its easier for me to keep track of those ;) )

Thanks also for others to reply here, I do read this forum, but im more active on github ;) :arrow:
Solar panels of Ginlong, Omnik-Solar, Transenergy or Solarman?? Try my Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ongmonitor
User avatar
galadril
Posts: 848
Joined: Monday 07 September 2015 10:32
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by galadril »

Btw the latets version has now Filters implemented. Hope you like them.

Image
Solar panels of Ginlong, Omnik-Solar, Transenergy or Solarman?? Try my Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ongmonitor
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

galadril wrote: Saturday 23 May 2026 10:56 Btw the latets version has now Filters implemented. Hope you like them.
I do like it an recommend to everyone to give it a trial - it is worth it 👍
Stop, look and listen.
rron
Posts: 290
Joined: Sunday 30 March 2014 15:24
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Waterland
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by rron »

I hope this theme will be part off the official domoticz software.
Rpi4, Docker, z-wave, zigbee, espeasy, smartevse
Arjan2019
Posts: 37
Joined: Tuesday 16 July 2019 12:47
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Arjan2019 »

galadril wrote: Saturday 23 May 2026 10:56 Btw the latets version has now Filters implemented. Hope you like them.

Image
Filter doesn't work correct for me.
On my dashboard I only see my favorites but when I go to another tab and back to my dashboard I see all devices
So Nightglass it's working for me now so I did go back to the default
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 393
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

I confirm this behaviour, so this might be fixed.

However, if you activate "dynamic dashboard" in your user profile, you would not consider the nightglass theme as "not working for me". I guarantee this 😉
Stop, look and listen.
Micha123
Posts: 66
Joined: Monday 28 August 2017 16:44
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Micha123 »

possible to also add "event" filter in recent events ??? in my case i need there only some sensors (i dont mean the popups )

in my case this logs are filled within 2 seconds now
Attachments
Screenshot_20260531_222449.png
Screenshot_20260531_222449.png (83.86 KiB) Viewed 13923 times
pipiche
Posts: 2035
Joined: Monday 02 April 2018 20:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by pipiche »

[quote=jannl post_id=333093 time=1776683644 user_id=1929]
I am propably missing something, but how does this work with docker? www/styles dis not exist at first and after creating it en putting nightglass in it, it does not show up as template.
[/quote]


I have the same question ?
Post Reply