OpenWebNet developing..?

Others (MiLight, Hue, Toon etc...)

Moderator: leecollings

spugna85
Posts: 89
Joined: Tuesday 29 March 2016 16:41
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by spugna85 »

ok, maybe i get it.
If I'm right you shouldn't see any logs from the actuator.
This is because in order to be able to generate continuous transmission of the measurements from the actuator
it is necessary to make the request using the correct WHERE.

Requests are currently limited to 6 central units (from 51 to 56),
even if the maximum number should be 255, which is hardly reasonable for a house.

I try to add the request for the first 6 actuators (from 71 to 76),
6 seems to me a reasonable number also to avoid unnecessary requests.

The decoding of the received packet should be working,
therefore the device relating to the actuator should appear in the list of devices.
For example if the actuator is 71 the device id will be 00001247.

I've already made this addition and created a pull request on the development branch.
You can already use my git to test, or wait for the change to be added to the domoticz beta.

Let me know if it actually works ;)
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

Impressive support, really! Many thanks

In the meantime I was able to do some more trials...
As you wrote, I could see the 51, but the 71 and 72 were not updated,
until I checked it with the MyHome_Web app, then the new devices appeared in domoticz,
but they were only updated when I opened the app.
I was looking for a script to do the request continuously, but if you can implement it in the domoticz core, even better...

In my opinion, 6 central units should be definitely enough,
but for the actuators I would add a few more if possible, I am already using 5 of them
and possibly I would add some more.

How does the ID decode work? In fact I really got 00001247/48 for the first 2

Do you have any idea when the next Beta version will be released? Eventually when the next official version will be released?

Again, many thanks, that was really helpful and appreciated!
spugna85
Posts: 89
Joined: Tuesday 29 March 2016 16:41
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by spugna85 »

Perfect, you did the test that was needed and confirms what I thought.

The ID is calculated like this:

WHO = 18 (0x12) power management
WHERE = 51..56 (0x33..0x38)
WHERE = 71..76 (0x47..04C)

0x0000 + WHO + WHERE

so for example:
first central unit = 0x00001233
first Actuator = 0x00001247

The change I made was integrated into the beta this morning.
If you go to the 'https://www.domoticz.com/downloads/' page you will see that the beta is updated almost daily.

The stable version I have no way of knowing when it will be released.

How many actuators would you like?
I may make the change in the next few days.
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

OK, ID calculation is clear now.

In the next days I will install the beta release and give it a try.

So far, 6 actuators are enough for me, no urgency to update it,
but in general I would expect 8 or 10 could cover more applications.

Many thanks
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

I installed the beta release of Domoticz,
F522 devices are now updated every few seconds, very good.

I will let you know if I see any issue
dino
Posts: 12
Joined: Wednesday 14 April 2021 23:24
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by dino »

hello everyone,
please help me to understand what represent:
- TEMPERATURE Actuator
- TEMPERATURE Valves
- AUXILIARY
- DRYCONTACT
and the way to know the OpenWebNnet address from Domoticz ID
I think DRYCONTACT is F411 but maybe I am wrong
Thank you to who help me :-)
TEMPERATURE.jpg
TEMPERATURE.jpg (34.98 KiB) Viewed 9351 times
AUXILIARY.jpg
AUXILIARY.jpg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 9351 times
DRYCONTACT.jpg
DRYCONTACT.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 9351 times
spugna85
Posts: 89
Joined: Tuesday 29 March 2016 16:41
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by spugna85 »

Hi Dino,

I'll try to answer you:

1- Temperature Actuator:
indicate the status of the thermoregulation actuators, such as the F430 module.

2- Temperature Valve:
indicates whether the valve is in Conditioning or Heating mode

3- Auxiliaries:
these are auxiliary signals that can be used to inform you of alarms in progress, for example flooding or other.
They can also be used for other purposes, for example you can set the home alarm on/off.
If this interests you, you can see examples in this thread.

4- DRY-CONTACT:
these are the signals that are read by the contact interface modules, for example the 3477 or F428

The ID is more complex, I'll try to explain it in a slightly simplified way.
For all these types, the ID is in hexadecimal and consists of 2 parts:
- the upper part which indicates the type of device
- the lower part indicating the device number

When a device is added automatically, the name is always composed of:
- the description of the type of device
- the device number
This in order to facilitate the identification of the device.
Example 1:
ID 01F8000C
Top part: hex 01F8 indicates that it is a Temperature actuator
Bottom part: hex 000C = 12 Indicates that it is Temperature actuator number 12
Name: 'TEMPERATURE 12 Actuator'

Example 2:
ID 00090001
Top: hex 0009 indicates that it is an auxiliary
Bottom part: hex 0001 = 1 Indicates that it is the auxiliary number 1
Name: 'AUXILIARY 1'

Example 3:
ID 00190024
Top part: hex 0019 indicates that it is a DRYCONTACT
Bottom part: hex 0024 = 36 Indicates that it is DRYCONTACT number 36
Name: 'DRYCONTACT 36'
Finally, the status of the F411 actuators falls within WHO=1 or lighting.
The light number is composed of ZONE + LIGHT POINT.

So the devices will be identified like this:
Top part: hex 0001 indicates that it is a light
Bottom part: hex 0024 = 42 or Z=4 LP=2
Name: 'LIGHT 42'
So the full ID will be: 00010024
I hope this helps. ;)
dino
Posts: 12
Joined: Wednesday 14 April 2021 23:24
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by dino »

spugna85 wrote: Friday 17 May 2024 2:28 I'll try to answer you:
[CUT]
I hope this helps. ;)
Wow thank you so so much!
Now it is much clear! and I can try to use it better!!!

Thank you
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

Hello,
I have a new issue, at least I couldn't find it in the topic...
I installed 4 new Bticino kw4691 thermostats, living now series.
Temperature measure is ok, but setpoint is not working.
It seems it is updated in domoticz when changed on the device,
but when I try to set a new temperature from Domoticz it is not applied to the device.

When I set a new setpoint on the device I get in the log:
2026-05-28 21:20:31.462 Status: User: draghip initiated a SetPoint command
2026-05-28 21:20:31.477 Status: MyHomeServer1: Command *#4*#5*#14*0175*3##
2026-05-28 21:20:32.477 Status: MyHomeServer1: sent=*#4*#5*#14*0175*3## received=*#*1##
2026-05-28 21:20:32.488 MyHomeServer1: Setpoint (TEMPERATURE Zona Giorno Setpoint)

When I change the setpoint from the device I getin the log:
2026-05-28 21:22:53.103 Status: MyHomeServer1: received=*#4*5*12*0175*3## : MEASURE FRAME
2026-05-28 21:22:53.114 MyHomeServer1: Setpoint (TEMPERATURE Zona Giorno Setpoint)
2026-05-28 21:22:53.174 Status: MyHomeServer1: received=*4*1*5## : NORMAL FRAME - who=Temperature control - what=heating Mode - where=Zone5 master probe

Any idea?

Many thanks
homeJLB
Posts: 153
Joined: Tuesday 16 October 2018 23:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2024.7
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by homeJLB »

Legrand has taken over Netatmo and their integration goes now over the Netatmo server and API.
The integration off My Home Server 1 is not yet tested with the Netatmo plugin but you can try it if you want.

If you can I suggest at first a separated test/development system.
And if all is working you can integrate in your main system.

Kind Regards
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

Many thanks for your feedback,
I asked the AI to help me and I did some more trials, this is the final summary of the trials summarized by the AI:


I am investigating an issue with thermoregulation setpoint control through the MyHome OpenWebNet LAN hardware in Domoticz.

### Environment

* Domoticz 2025.2 build 16818 (stable)
* BTicino MyHomeServer1
* Firmware: 3.87.13
* Thermostat: KM4691
* Authentication to MyHomeServer1 works correctly
* Reading temperatures, modes and setpoints works correctly

### Problem

Domoticz correctly receives thermostat updates when the setpoint is changed from the physical thermostat or from Home+Control.

However, when I change the setpoint from Domoticz, the plugin sends a command, receives ACK (`*#*1##`), but the thermostat display does not update and the heating system does not react.

### Domoticz write attempt

When changing the setpoint from 10.0°C to 11.0°C in Domoticz, I get:

```text
User initiated SetPoint command
Command *#4*#5*#14*0110*3##
sent=*#4*#5*#14*0110*3## received=*#*1##
```

The command is accepted by MyHomeServer1, but there is no subsequent thermostat activity and no setpoint feedback frame.

### Successful setpoint change

When I change the setpoint using Home+Control (or directly from the thermostat), Domoticz receives:

```text
received=*#4*5*60*48## : MEASURE FRAME
who=4, where=5, dimension=60 not yet supported

received=*#4*5*7*1*1*0100## : MEASURE FRAME
who=4, where=5, dimension=7 not yet supported

received=*#4*5*12*0100*3## : MEASURE FRAME

received=*4*1*5## : NORMAL FRAME - who=Temperature control - what=heating Mode - where=Zone5 master probe

received=*#4*5*0*0283## : MEASURE FRAME
```

### Observation

Domoticz explicitly reports:

```text
who=4, where=5, dimension=60 not yet supported
who=4, where=5, dimension=7 not yet supported
```

These frames appear whenever a setpoint change is successfully applied through Home+Control or the thermostat itself.

When Domoticz sends the DIMENSION 14 write command, none of these follow-up frames appear.

### Question

Could this indicate that:

1. The plugin is using a legacy WHO=4 DIMENSION 14 write mechanism that is not compatible with this thermoregulation controller implementation?
2. DIMENSION 7 and/or DIMENSION 60 are required as part of the write sequence?
3. There is a known limitation of the current OpenWebNet thermoregulation support with MyHomeServer1 firmware 3.87.13 or KM4691 installations?

I would be happy to perform additional tests or provide more logs if needed.

Thank you for your help.
homeJLB
Posts: 153
Joined: Tuesday 16 October 2018 23:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2024.7
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by homeJLB »

Yes I think the API changed and the commands are not fully supported by this OpenWebNet-plugin.

kind Regards
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

homeJLB wrote: Friday 03 July 2026 19:43 Yes I think the API changed and the commands are not fully supported by this OpenWebNet-plugin.

kind Regards
Can anybody update the plugin, sooner or later?

Many thanks again!
spugna85
Posts: 89
Joined: Tuesday 29 March 2016 16:41
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by spugna85 »

Hi @draghip,

Unfortunately, I don't have either MyHomeServer1 or KM4691, but I can tell you this:

The command sent by Domoticz is based on the specification for older 4- or 99-zone control panels.

When you try to send a command from Domoticz, the server responds ack because the command is syntactically valid, but it's not sufficient to set up a more modern KM4691, so nothing happens.

When you send the command via app/myhomeserver1, you can't see the command(s) clearly, but you can only see what the server says on the monitoring connection, which is the one "listening" on Domoticz.

Analyzing the frames, it's likely that size 14 is no longer used. It's been said that perhaps size 12 is being used.
Furthermore, the reception of other frames (for example, frames with dimensions 7 and 60) could also be due to feedback being generated on the monitoring connection following a simple status request from the server.

If you can use a simple client (you can find something online), you could try connecting and sending these commands in sequence:

*#4*5*12*0280*3## (This sets the value to 28°C)
*4*1*5## (This forces the zone to activate)

and then check if this has any effect on the device.

There's no precise documentation online regarding these new commands and command modes... or at least I can't find it.

But if you understand what type of command to send, I could try modifying the Domoticz OWN driver.

What do you think?
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

Again from AI:

I tested the command exactly as a raw OpenWebNet frame, without a trailing newline:

```bash
printf '*#4*5*12*0280*3##' | nc <myhomeserver_ip> 20000
```

The response was:

```text
*#*1##*#*0##
```

So:

* `*#*1##` = session accepted
* `*#*0##` = command rejected

This confirms that DIMENSION 12 is not writable with that syntax.

At this point we have:

* Domoticz sends `*#4*#5*#14*xxxx*3##` and gets ACK (`*#*1##`), but nothing happens.
* Direct DIMENSION 12 writes are rejected.
* Successful setpoint changes from Home+Control / thermostat generate additional WHO=4 DIMENSION 7 and DIMENSION 60 frames, which Domoticz reports as "not yet supported".

It seems increasingly likely that the actual writable thermoregulation object is neither DIMENSION 12 nor the legacy DIMENSION 14 implementation currently used by Domoticz.

Many thanks

Best Regards
spugna85
Posts: 89
Joined: Tuesday 29 March 2016 16:41
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Italia
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by spugna85 »

Since you can send direct commands, what does it tell you if you send these?

For OFF: *4*103*5##
For Antifreeze: *4*102*5##
For Manual Heating: *4*110*5##

Do you see the KM4691 changing mode?
draghip
Posts: 11
Joined: Thursday 21 November 2019 13:39
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025.2
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: OpenWebNet developing..?

Post by draghip »

Hi again,
when I try the commands you wrote, I get NACK.

The AI made another observation:

I monitored Zone 2 (Camera) while changing the setpoint from the Home+Control app.

The following sequence was generated:

```text
*#4*2*7*1*1*0070##
*4*1*2##
*#4*2*12*0070*3##

... then after changing to 15.0°C ...

*#4*2*7*1*1*0150##
*#4*2*12*0150*3##
*4*1*2##
```

DIMENSION 7 and DIMENSION 12 always carry the same temperature value.

The direct write test:

```text
*#4*2*12*0150*3##
```

returns NACK (`*#*0##`) when sent manually.

Do you know whether DIMENSION 7 is the actual writable object in newer thermoregulation systems, with DIMENSION 12 being only feedback/status?

BR
Post Reply