Need help for selecting a thermostat????

For heating/cooling related questions in Domoticz

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
SheldonJ
Posts: 1
Joined: Monday 12 November 2018 8:42
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Need help for selecting a thermostat????

Post by SheldonJ »

Hi,

I'm looking for a thermostat to be used with Domoticz. Any advice? Things to pay attention to?

I have a heating system which can be controlled with on/off or openthem. I do not plan to control individual rooms or radiators due to my one house layout and fresh air system.

Features I like is to control: change temperature right from the thermostat. Possibly set schedules/preset programs from the thermostat (which I can also do using some scripting or a program / Domoticz extension I could write.

Do geofancing and presence detection from domoticz.

Can I power it from its opentherm cables?

Any advice?

THanks.....
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
gmarchionni
Posts: 32
Joined: Sunday 11 June 2017 0:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Need help for selecting a thermostat????

Post by gmarchionni »

i did not understand if you are interested in buying a hardware thermostat or a software one is ok...
but have a look at the Smart virtual thermostat here on the domoticz forum and on google.
it's an extension for domoticz and it's simply great.
Post Reply