Page 1 of 1

Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Posted: Thursday 08 October 2026 8:28
by calania
Hello! I am currently using zigbee2mqtt with mqtt auto discovery and one thing that annoys me about the current implementation is that Domoticz sets all devices it finds as "used" meaning that it appears under switches/utility etc. This is annoying since for me since a lot of device creates soooooo many unnecessary devices that I will never use. It would be so much nicer if they were set as unused by default and then I had to manually go into the setup/devices and add the once I want to use. Is there a way to make it function this way?

Re: Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Posted: Thursday 08 October 2026 10:32
by waltervl
I think there is already a change prepared for this: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/pull/7055
Based on the discussion here: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/issues/7045

Re: Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Posted: Thursday 08 October 2026 11:44
by calania
Well that's nice timing! Hope that it gets added to the next release