Kudos to the Domoticz team
Posted: Wednesday 23 September 2026 9:31
I would like to thank the Domoticz team for all their work. I have been using Domoticz on Ubuntu/old laptop for over 10 years, without serious problems, eagerly following and adopting all innovation. The completeness of devices support, the modernization of the interface etc. What triggered me to write this topic is that the old laptop failed after 10 years. While I had a good backup scheme on it, I was lazy in propagating the tarballs to other storage. But I had a domoticz.db from some time ago. To bridge the repair period I installed Domoticz on Windows (with dread). However, the ONLY thing I needed to do was to get an Sqlite program to change the Hardware PORT from '/dev/usbtty0' to 'COM4' and everything worked beautifully again! I'm back to the original installation now, but I was very pleased with this, also in view of the hairy dependency hells of a lot of other software. I know how hard it is to get it right. Thank you Domoticz!