Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
Moderators: leecollings, remb0
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.
Use the following template when posting here:
Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:
.....
If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly
If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.
Use the following template when posting here:
Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:
.....
If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly
If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
-
njlammerts
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Wednesday 12 August 2020 17:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2022.2
- Location: Fryslan
- Contact:
Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
I migrated from a RPI with native domoticz 2025.1, Mosquitto and Z2MQTT to an Intel NUC, DietPie and docker environment with Domorticz 2026.3, Mosquitto and Z2MQTT (all docker).
I have a problemen with the value update of several zigbee devices in Domoticz 2026.3. The Z2M page shows the update value is recent while domoticz shows only the time the sensor was added (pairing). I use about 10+ Aqara WSDCGQ11LM sensors to measure temperature in and outside home.
The only temperature that is shown correctly is a sensor in my 30year old refrigerator which switches a remote power plug (>8C switch on, <8C switch off) because the internal regulator/switch is broken. All other sensors show up red in domoticz with an outdated value. Also have I likewise problem with a power plug, which shows up red when the device (wash-dryer) is not used. When switching the dryer on, the power-plug turns back to normal, but changes to red after some time (hours?).
I have the idea it has something to do with the time in which domoticz expects a signal/value change. Although the oudside temperature is changing every minute these days, it still shows up red in domoticz. Z2M shows the last change was at 10:26, while domoticz shows day before at 20:21 and does not com back, also not after a re-pairing.
I have a problemen with the value update of several zigbee devices in Domoticz 2026.3. The Z2M page shows the update value is recent while domoticz shows only the time the sensor was added (pairing). I use about 10+ Aqara WSDCGQ11LM sensors to measure temperature in and outside home.
The only temperature that is shown correctly is a sensor in my 30year old refrigerator which switches a remote power plug (>8C switch on, <8C switch off) because the internal regulator/switch is broken. All other sensors show up red in domoticz with an outdated value. Also have I likewise problem with a power plug, which shows up red when the device (wash-dryer) is not used. When switching the dryer on, the power-plug turns back to normal, but changes to red after some time (hours?).
I have the idea it has something to do with the time in which domoticz expects a signal/value change. Although the oudside temperature is changing every minute these days, it still shows up red in domoticz. Z2M shows the last change was at 10:26, while domoticz shows day before at 20:21 and does not com back, also not after a re-pairing.
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
Those sensors have issues a lot. Aqare does not fully follow the standaard I read somewhere. When they are directly connected tot the controller there never is a problem. Connected to a router they sometimes get instable. Tuya chip powered routers seem to be a problem.
Google gives a bit help, not too much though
Google gives a bit help, not too much though
-
njlammerts
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Wednesday 12 August 2020 17:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2022.2
- Location: Fryslan
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
Update:
On my old Native RPI with domoticz 2025.1, I added Z2M Auto discovery Client with lan interface, pointing to the MQTT on the docker set.
The old RPI shows the right (updated) temperature from the "Buiten 150cm" device. Also it shows 7 separate IDX devices (temp, pressure, weather station etc)
This is from domoticz 2025.1 where I can select only the temp idx, where the new (docker) domoticz 2026.3 only shows 1 device with 3 combined values (temp, pressure, 1 battery level and 1 temperature, (which is the one that is frozen)
This is from domoticz 2026.3
On my old Native RPI with domoticz 2025.1, I added Z2M Auto discovery Client with lan interface, pointing to the MQTT on the docker set.
The old RPI shows the right (updated) temperature from the "Buiten 150cm" device. Also it shows 7 separate IDX devices (temp, pressure, weather station etc)
This is from domoticz 2025.1 where I can select only the temp idx, where the new (docker) domoticz 2026.3 only shows 1 device with 3 combined values (temp, pressure, 1 battery level and 1 temperature, (which is the one that is frozen)
This is from domoticz 2026.3
Last edited by njlammerts on Friday 14 August 2026 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
-
solarboy
- Posts: 366
- Joined: Thursday 01 November 2018 19:47
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2024.6
- Location: Portugal
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
I have a bunch of these, very flaky zigbee implementation, need regular re-pairing to Z2M. The door/window contacts are even worse. Cheap though.
Intel NUC with Ubuntu Server VM (Proxmox),mosquitto(docker),RFXtrx433E,zwavejsUI (docker),Zigbee2mqtt(docker),Harmony Hub plugin, Kodi plugin,Homebridge(docker)+Google Home,APC UPS,SMA Modbus,Mitsubishi MQTT, Broadlink,Dombus
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
Nope, they work great, for years. Only every now and then some need a little kick. It is mostly in the router. Nevertheless, the implementation is the zigbee stack is way to strickt.
What does the webinterface of Z2M show?
What does the webinterface of Z2M show?
-
njlammerts
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Wednesday 12 August 2020 17:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2022.2
- Location: Fryslan
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
i have had them running for 3-4 years on RPI with native Domoticz 2025.1 and never had a problem. Only time to re-pair whas when battery died for longer time. new battery, pair and go for another year.
The "problem" seems to be in the z2m implementation to domoticz. As shown in the pictures above, z2m on 2025.1 shows all the different idx items and domoticz 2026.3 has only one combined device/idx
The "problem" seems to be in the z2m implementation to domoticz. As shown in the pictures above, z2m on 2025.1 shows all the different idx items and domoticz 2026.3 has only one combined device/idx
Last edited by njlammerts on Friday 14 August 2026 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
Which version of Z2M do you use?
Zigbee2mqtt does not change with your Domoticz version, unless may be if you use a docker container with both Domoticz and Zigbee2mqtt in it, but that is no defalut Domoticz docker as far as I know.
Zigbee2mqtt does not change with your Domoticz version, unless may be if you use a docker container with both Domoticz and Zigbee2mqtt in it, but that is no defalut Domoticz docker as far as I know.
-
njlammerts
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Wednesday 12 August 2020 17:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2022.2
- Location: Fryslan
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
It is Domoticz who does the changes. With domoticz 2025.1 (on RPI 4 with native Domotivz) I have MQTT client pointing to the same Z2M IP which runs on docker on NUC with DietPi, Domoticz 2026.3 in docker on same NUC points to same Z2M IP
On new hardware (NUC with DietPi) z2m, mosquitto and domoticz each run in their own docker container.
On the old RPI, Domoticz, Z2MQTT and mosquitto are(were) native installed on RPI 4 and. Because of growth over the last 5 years and change of vision , I wanted to migrate from native to docker, also because I can run multiple instances of anything in docker, is also gave possibility to phase out 2 other RPI's . Reason for staying on 2025.1 is domoticz server protocol with older RPI's which highest is domoticz 2025.1 (but that's not where this discussion is about)
During the migration from 2025.1 to 2026.3 something went wrong and repairing gave more shit than solution, so I decided to start fresh, also introduced new Sonoff USB device to replace the older Sleah stick (which worked ok btw) but during migrating IEEEE adres it went wrong, leaving me with 2 x nothing (zigbee wise)
But when pairing sensors to new docker domoticz I noticed the differ ten behavior
On new hardware (NUC with DietPi) z2m, mosquitto and domoticz each run in their own docker container.
On the old RPI, Domoticz, Z2MQTT and mosquitto are(were) native installed on RPI 4 and. Because of growth over the last 5 years and change of vision , I wanted to migrate from native to docker, also because I can run multiple instances of anything in docker, is also gave possibility to phase out 2 other RPI's . Reason for staying on 2025.1 is domoticz server protocol with older RPI's which highest is domoticz 2025.1 (but that's not where this discussion is about)
During the migration from 2025.1 to 2026.3 something went wrong and repairing gave more shit than solution, so I decided to start fresh, also introduced new Sonoff USB device to replace the older Sleah stick (which worked ok btw) but during migrating IEEEE adres it went wrong, leaving me with 2 x nothing (zigbee wise)
But when pairing sensors to new docker domoticz I noticed the differ ten behavior
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
In case you use z2m and mosquitto, the communicatie between the temp sensor and Domoticz goed via Z2M and Mosquitto. Domoticz only gets the correct MQTT topics from Mosquitto.
In upgrading to docker, you most likely also update Z2M which could change the handling. Besides that, the coordinator is moved from the Pi tot the NUC and thus restarded, resulting in a propable change of your Zigbee network and different routes for the Aqara sensors. Normally those sensors do not change the route as long as they can send their data.
One of the tips I read is to temporaly switch off all routers and have the Aqara sensors reconnect/rejoin directly to the coordinator. That is, if they can reach the coordinator.
In upgrading to docker, you most likely also update Z2M which could change the handling. Besides that, the coordinator is moved from the Pi tot the NUC and thus restarded, resulting in a propable change of your Zigbee network and different routes for the Aqara sensors. Normally those sensors do not change the route as long as they can send their data.
One of the tips I read is to temporaly switch off all routers and have the Aqara sensors reconnect/rejoin directly to the coordinator. That is, if they can reach the coordinator.
-
njlammerts
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Wednesday 12 August 2020 17:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2022.2
- Location: Fryslan
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
as I stated before. I did not update Z2M, I did a clean install on docker. Both domoticz 2025.1 and domoticz 2026.3 have their MQTT Client pointing to the new installed Z2M , so there is no update path or what ever.
The coordinator also changed, so I had to pair all the zigbee devices new, including the routers. So there aro no more old routes, there is no history here anymore, On the old RPI the coordinator has been removed. Also the Z2M Client is pointing to the NUC where the new Mosquitto and Z2M are running. I started with the coordinator and after that the routers (Smart plugs etc) after that I paired the temp and contact sensors
The coordinator also changed, so I had to pair all the zigbee devices new, including the routers. So there aro no more old routes, there is no history here anymore, On the old RPI the coordinator has been removed. Also the Z2M Client is pointing to the NUC where the new Mosquitto and Z2M are running. I started with the coordinator and after that the routers (Smart plugs etc) after that I paired the temp and contact sensors
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM don't show updated temperature value
You really did a lot of changes. You mention a newly installed z2m, did you use the old one? Not even sure if that works with the new Domoticz. With a new coordinator most likely the routes changed. Just read my previous post.
Pair the aqara's first.
Pair the aqara's first.