[Solved] Devices disapeared from dashboard

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!

Moderators: leecollings, remb0

Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:
.....

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
Post Reply
aleph0
Posts: 87
Joined: Thursday 12 May 2016 15:47
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 11838
Location: South of France
Contact:

[Solved] Devices disapeared from dashboard

Post by aleph0 »

Version : 2026.1 -> 2026.3
Platform : mageia 9 ; kernel 6.6.141

Hello All,
I'm an old dog using domoticz successfully since 2016, but I need your help for the problem that appeared 2 days ago : Most of my devices aren't displayed anymore in the homepage/floorplan/switched etc. tabs if I select the "All" plan. If I select another plan, there are displayed just fine *but* I can't get any log from them :

example on the main screen :
Image

but :

Code: Select all

sqlite> select Name from DeviceStatus where Favorite=1;
Température Bureau
Électricité
Gigaset Mode
Eau du puit totale
Conditions extérieures
Humidité du sol
pH piscine
Redox piscine
Sonnette
Portail garage
Température de référence
Observation astro
Lune
Pluie
Vent
Prise TV
Présence non détectée
Température Ch. Nous
Température Ch. Manu
Température Salon
Température Sas
Température couloir
Tempo Jour
Shelly Pro3EM
Lux2
TH Piano
Niveau batterie

sqlite> select count(Name) from DeviceStatus where Favorite=1;
27
So only 8 favorites are displayed out of 27 ! And some displayed devices aren't in the favorites (ex Prise B1)

Some tests I made :
- it happens on any browser on any devices (pc, mobile phone, firefox, chrome...)
- it's still there after restart of domoticz services
- I was running stable 2026.1 when the problem appears, I upgraded to 2026.3, still the same
- it happened by itself, the system was running smoothly before that
- I added a few devices having indexes >= 1000 a couple of days or a week before (dunno if it can be related ?)
- Devices are all present in the database as well as displayed in the device page ; there are updated just fine in the dB
- I clicked the log button on the device page sorted by index, the first 44 devices runs fine, anything from 45 to the end of the list doesn't display logs
- I looked in the dB but couldn't find anything wrong in the devicestatus table
- I ran integrity checks in the dB : there are OK.
- I have no errors in domoticz log nor in the system log related to domoticz.

I have no more ideas how to progress to identify the problem ! Please help :-)
aleph0
Posts: 87
Joined: Thursday 12 May 2016 15:47
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 11838
Location: South of France
Contact:

Re: [Solved] Devices disapeared from dashboard

Post by aleph0 »

Ok, problem solved.

After further investigation with json call directly, the behaviour looked like an authentication problem. Then I noticed that for some reason, the user used by domoticz on my trusted network has changed from the "normal" admin to an old admin user that stayed there from former times with restricted access to some devices only.

I cleaned-up my admin users keeping only the good one and that was it !
Post Reply