Sigenergy
Moderator: leecollings
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Sigenergy
Hi!
Has anyone used the sigenergy2mqtt package to get data from Sigenergy battery storage systems to Domoticz?
I know that the Sigenergy system sends data to the MQTT broker. I can see the data using the MQTT Explorer app on a PC.
However I can not see any devices created automatically in Domoticz. As they do with, for instance, ZWave JS.
Running Domoticz in Docker on Linux.
Best regards / Ture, Sweden
Has anyone used the sigenergy2mqtt package to get data from Sigenergy battery storage systems to Domoticz?
I know that the Sigenergy system sends data to the MQTT broker. I can see the data using the MQTT Explorer app on a PC.
However I can not see any devices created automatically in Domoticz. As they do with, for instance, ZWave JS.
Running Domoticz in Docker on Linux.
Best regards / Ture, Sweden
-
RNEE
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sunday 05 August 2018 10:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1
- Location: NL/Eindhoven area
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi TureTurbin, if there are data in Mqtt , you can use Mqttmapper, to get devices in Domoticz.
I did similar in https://github.com/RneeJ/Domoticz-Marstek.
If you post your Mqtt data here i can look at it.
I did similar in https://github.com/RneeJ/Domoticz-Marstek.
If you post your Mqtt data here i can look at it.
Domoticz (since 2016) on Docker on Raspberry PI 5 with 500 Gb NVMe|Milight|KaKu + RFXCOM|Goodwe|Smartstuff P1 meter|Buienradar|Afval kalender|Tuya-wifi|Zigbee + deCONZ Conbee II|Marstek Homebattery 5,12Kwh via Modbus on Pusr-dr134|MQTTMapper|Quatt v2|
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi RNEE!
Thanks for answering.
I haven't heard of MQTT-mapper. I will definitely take a look at it.
The amount of data produced by sigen2mqtt is huge. This is about one tenth of the total. Maybe it is a good thing that it is not automatically mapped to Domoticz...
/Ture
Thanks for answering.
I haven't heard of MQTT-mapper. I will definitely take a look at it.
The amount of data produced by sigen2mqtt is huge. This is about one tenth of the total. Maybe it is a good thing that it is not automatically mapped to Domoticz...
/Ture
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Check the configuration file in your environment and check that Home Assistant auto discovery is enabled https://github.com/seud0nym/sigenergy2m ... 2mqtt.yaml
Then it should also publish discovery config topics in MQTT in topic homeassistant.
If you see topics there then in Domoticz enable the MQTT Auto discovery gateway as discussed in the wiki (discovery topic is the default:homeassistant). When the gateway is enabled you should see the devices being created when the sigenergy2mqtt is publishing new data for the devices. https://wiki.domoticz.com/MQTT#Add_hard ... Gateway%22
Code: Select all
home-assistant:
# enabled
# default: false
# description: If true, sigenergy2mqtt will publish auto-discovery
# messages for Home Assistant to automatically configure
# the devices and entities.
enabled: trueIf you see topics there then in Domoticz enable the MQTT Auto discovery gateway as discussed in the wiki (discovery topic is the default:homeassistant). When the gateway is enabled you should see the devices being created when the sigenergy2mqtt is publishing new data for the devices. https://wiki.domoticz.com/MQTT#Add_hard ... Gateway%22
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi waltervi!
I have updated my docker-compose.yaml file with your suggestion.
I get the following message when starting sigenergy2mqtt:
validating /opt/sigenergy2mqtt/docker-compose.yaml: additional properties 'home-assistant' not allowed
Am I editing the wrong file...?
/Ture
I have updated my docker-compose.yaml file with your suggestion.
I get the following message when starting sigenergy2mqtt:
validating /opt/sigenergy2mqtt/docker-compose.yaml: additional properties 'home-assistant' not allowed
Am I editing the wrong file...?
/Ture
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Can you post your current docker-compose.yml? Perhaps it already has an homeassistant entry?
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi!
This is what my docker-compose.yaml looks like:
/Ture
This is what my docker-compose.yaml looks like:
Code: Select all
services:
sigenergy2mqtt:
image: seud0nym/sigenergy2mqtt:latest
container_name: sigenergy2mqtt
environment:
# Set your time zone (especially important for PVOutput uploads)
- TZ=Europe/Stockholm
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_CONFIG=/opt/sigenergy2mqtt/sigenergy2mqtt.yaml
# Configure the sigenergy2mqtt environment variables e.g.
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_HASS_ENABLED=true
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_HASS_DISCOVERY_PREFIX=homeassistant
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_HASS_USE_SIMPLIFIED_TOPICS=true
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MODBUS_HOST=192.168.10.254
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MODBUS_PORT=502
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MODBUS_INVERTER_SLAVE=1
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MQTT_ANONYMOUS=true
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_LOG_LEVEL=INFO
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MODBUS_AUTO_DISCOVERY=once
- SIGENERGY2MQTT_MQTT_BROKER=192.168.10.220
# - SIGENERGY2MQTT_MQTT_USERNAME=
# - SIGENERGY2MQTT_MQTT_PASSWORD=
# Host network mode is required for auto-discovery
network_mode: host
restart: always
volumes:
# Mount the data directory to persist data
- ./data:/data/Ture
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Ok, it seems that homeassistant integration is implemented but in a different way.
Do you see a homeassistant topic (folder) in MQTT Explorer?
If yes you can enable the MQTT Auto Discover gateway in Domoticz. It should read the config topics and create Domoticz devices.
Do you see a homeassistant topic (folder) in MQTT Explorer?
If yes you can enable the MQTT Auto Discover gateway in Domoticz. It should read the config topics and create Domoticz devices.
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
RNEE
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sunday 05 August 2018 10:13
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1
- Location: NL/Eindhoven area
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
What would be the advantage from using the " MQTT Auto Discover gateway" over MQTTMapper ?
I think MQTTmapper is very good configurable for the use one needs it. I don't see that in the other tool, there is no " Autodiscovery" for a battery.
It seems to me you only get all the data in Domoticz fast , even the ones you don't need or want.
For Turebin :
The overall message view cant be used if i should help you with MQTTMapper.
Please post one or some of the messages details. Should be something like on my Github page.
You only need to install MQTTMapper in Domoticz, connect to your Mqttbroker and use the MqttMapper.json file for definition of the devices you want.
Devices then are created in Domoticz and updated.
I think MQTTmapper is very good configurable for the use one needs it. I don't see that in the other tool, there is no " Autodiscovery" for a battery.
It seems to me you only get all the data in Domoticz fast , even the ones you don't need or want.
For Turebin :
The overall message view cant be used if i should help you with MQTTMapper.
Please post one or some of the messages details. Should be something like on my Github page.
You only need to install MQTTMapper in Domoticz, connect to your Mqttbroker and use the MqttMapper.json file for definition of the devices you want.
Devices then are created in Domoticz and updated.
Domoticz (since 2016) on Docker on Raspberry PI 5 with 500 Gb NVMe|Milight|KaKu + RFXCOM|Goodwe|Smartstuff P1 meter|Buienradar|Afval kalender|Tuya-wifi|Zigbee + deCONZ Conbee II|Marstek Homebattery 5,12Kwh via Modbus on Pusr-dr134|MQTTMapper|Quatt v2|
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
When the application (like sigenergy2mqtt) supports MQTT Auto Discover there is no need for the MQTT Mapper. It is just plug and play. Nothing to install and nothing to configure so far more easy.
MQTT Mapper plugin is build for those ap[plications that do not support MQTT Auto Discover or Domoticz MQTT but do publish on MQTT. You still have to install the python plugin and create a mapper file. To create that mapper file needs some insight on the way of working of Domoticz devices ánd the MQTT messages the application sends.
MQTT Mapper plugin is build for those ap[plications that do not support MQTT Auto Discover or Domoticz MQTT but do publish on MQTT. You still have to install the python plugin and create a mapper file. To create that mapper file needs some insight on the way of working of Domoticz devices ánd the MQTT messages the application sends.
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi!
I have enabled MQTT Auto Discovery Client Gateway with LAN interface previously to be able to communicate with Z-wave devices (Zwave JS).
I add a screenshot showing the settings.
So I know that my Domoticz publish/subscribe via MQTT broker Mosquitto. This works perfectly.
It seems that the problem with the sigenergy2mqtt is that it does not automatically push the data to Domoticz.
/Ture
I have enabled MQTT Auto Discovery Client Gateway with LAN interface previously to be able to communicate with Z-wave devices (Zwave JS).
I add a screenshot showing the settings.
So I know that my Domoticz publish/subscribe via MQTT broker Mosquitto. This works perfectly.
It seems that the problem with the sigenergy2mqtt is that it does not automatically push the data to Domoticz.
/Ture
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot 2026-06-16 155521.png (33.57 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
OK, then the issue is at the configuration of sigenergy2mqtt
Where did you get the instructions for that docker compose yml as it seems completely different than the file in their own repository.....
Check these instructions: https://hub.docker.com/r/seud0nym/sigenergy2mqtt
Do you see sigenergy2mqtt config topics in the homeassistant topic (next to the Zwave topics)?
Where did you get the instructions for that docker compose yml as it seems completely different than the file in their own repository.....
Check these instructions: https://hub.docker.com/r/seud0nym/sigenergy2mqtt
Do you see sigenergy2mqtt config topics in the homeassistant topic (next to the Zwave topics)?
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Hi!
The config file was the default when I did the Docker installation.
I do not see any sigenergy2mqtt config topics.
I am now having some success getting data into Domoticz by using MQTT-Mapper.
/Ture
The config file was the default when I did the Docker installation.
I do not see any sigenergy2mqtt config topics.
I am now having some success getting data into Domoticz by using MQTT-Mapper.
/Ture
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
That is a shame, I would spend some time in figuring out why MQTT AD part is not working on sigenergy2mqtt. Changing 1 configuration line is much easier than writing the MQTT mapper file......
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
TureTurbin
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sunday 14 June 2026 15:47
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Sigenergy
Guys, thanks for giving me valuable input.
I will try to work out how to configure the sigenergy2mqtt Docker config-file.
Thanks again / Ture
I will try to work out how to configure the sigenergy2mqtt Docker config-file.
Thanks again / Ture