Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!

Moderators: leecollings, remb0

Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:
.....

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
ressof
Posts: 71
Joined: Thursday 20 April 2017 7:20
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Latest
Contact:

Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by ressof »

I have Dashticz working for a while but with latest beta of Domoticz I get this when accessing Dashticz

Code: Select all

Can't access Domoticz via http://192.168.0.10:8080/
Check domoticz_ip in config.js
For more help visit Dashticz v3 documentation
When I press F12 in my browser I see the following error

Code: Select all

A cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) request was blocked because of invalid or missing response headers of the request or the associated preflight request.

To fix this issue, ensure the response to the CORS request and/or the associated preflight request are not missing headers and use valid header values.

Note that if an opaque response is sufficient, the request's mode can be set to no-cors to fetch the resource with CORS disabled; that way CORS headers are not required but the response content is inaccessible (opaque).

1 request
Request	Status	Preflight Request (if problematic)	Header	Problem	Invalid Value (if available)

 json.htm?type=command&param=getauth	blocked	
 json.htm?type=command&param=getauth	Access-Control-Allow-Origin	Missing Header	
Learn more: Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

Maybe you should create a issue on the Dashticz page?

Domoticz now supports (as you know) dynamic dashboards/widgets.

Consider using this
Quality outlives Quantity!
ressof
Posts: 71
Joined: Thursday 20 April 2017 7:20
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Latest
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by ressof »

Maybe :)

But Dashticz has not been updated and domticz has so I just wondered if something around authorization has changed recently. I saw something in the commits on Github about CORS.
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

Dashticz has not been updated for 4 months indeed.

I don't know Dashticz, and I know Domoticz is working and also the themes.

It seems like Dashticz might do some CORRS work, and we are trying to make a safe backend.

So have a look at the Dynamic dashboard, and if you miss anything, there is a thread on the forum where you can post in to
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
madpatrick
Posts: 885
Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by madpatrick »

I can confirm that the latest beta is breaking Dashticz.
I'll post an issue on GIT
-= HP server GEN11 =- ZwaveJS-=- Domoticz v2026.2 -=- Dashticz =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
ressof
Posts: 71
Joined: Thursday 20 April 2017 7:20
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Latest
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by ressof »

Is there a way to auto login with a viewer user directly by using a url with credentials?

I'm using CATT to send dashticz to Google Nest Hub screen today. Is there a way to to that with Dynamic Dashboard?
User avatar
madpatrick
Posts: 885
Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by madpatrick »

@Gizmocuz,

Since Dashticz looks abandoned, can you may have some tips how to get Dashticz connecting with Domoticz again
Your support is appreciated
-= HP server GEN11 =- ZwaveJS-=- Domoticz v2026.2 -=- Dashticz =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

Why don't you use the new dynamic dashboard? Do you miss anything?
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
madpatrick
Posts: 885
Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by madpatrick »

Has something being changed on this topic?
I was testing and Dashticz works (again) with version v2026.1 (build 17872)
-= HP server GEN11 =- ZwaveJS-=- Domoticz v2026.2 -=- Dashticz =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

Yes I made it work again...
You can also check github's latest commits

Have a go at the dynamic dashboard
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
madpatrick
Posts: 885
Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by madpatrick »

Many thanks for restoring the option.
I thought i saw it on Git that you changed the websocket

Now trying to checkout the dynamic dashboard
Very nice feature, but still no close to Dashticz. ;)
I hope this will get mature soon

Domoticz made some big steps forward lately together with the Nightglass theme is back on track
-= HP server GEN11 =- ZwaveJS-=- Domoticz v2026.2 -=- Dashticz =-
-= Checkout https://github.com/MadPatrick for the plugins =-
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

madpatrick wrote: Friday 01 May 2026 20:15 Many thanks for restoring the option.
I thought i saw it on Git that you changed the websocket

Now trying to checkout the dynamic dashboard
Very nice feature, but still no close to Dashticz. ;)
I hope this will get mature soon

Domoticz made some big steps forward lately together with the Nightglass theme is back on track
I really can't do anything with your comment... What is not 'mature' about it, and what are you missing?
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
capman
Posts: 166
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 20:48
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by capman »

After updating domoticz to the latest version (2026.3) I cannot access domoticz through dashticz latest version (3.20.5).
It have something to do with domoticz because I run another version (v2026.2 (build 18087)) on another rpi and there can
dashticz connect to domoticz. I cannot found any solution after searching the forum.
Any help ...
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2026-08-03 115322.png
Schermafbeelding 2026-08-03 115322.png (47 KiB) Viewed 990 times
epik77
Posts: 17
Joined: Thursday 26 March 2026 10:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by epik77 »

I'm having the same problem. I use http on dashticz to connect to domoticz.
config['domoticz_ip'] = 'http://192.168.2.1:8080'
I understand that the future lies in Dynamic Dashboards and security, but blocking HTTP access on a local network seems a bit excessive.

With dashticz, I created a panel on my iPad with many screens and buttons to change screens. I don't know if Dynamic Dashboards allows me to recreate the same configuration, and in any case, I can't in the short term.

I'm asking the developers to remove the CORRS check for HTTP calls to restore access to the old dashticz panel and allow us to start using Dynamic Dashboards.

Thank you.
dzdm
Posts: 15
Joined: Monday 05 February 2018 14:24
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by dzdm »

Hi,

I have the same problem, dashticz no longer works with domoticz 2026.3, because of the cross origin problem. It would be nice to allow to add Access-Control-Allow-Origin rules in domoticz. Additionally, even with this, I think dashticz also requires user and password in GET parameters to work correctly.

I opened a GIT issue regarding this: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/issues/6941
Last edited by dzdm on Monday 03 August 2026 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
capman
Posts: 166
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 20:48
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by capman »

My dashticz screen before the domoticz update :D .
Hope we get a fix soon 8-)
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (162.95 KiB) Viewed 907 times
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

epik77 wrote: Monday 03 August 2026 18:50 I'm having the same problem. I use http on dashticz to connect to domoticz.
config['domoticz_ip'] = 'http://192.168.2.1:8080'
I understand that the future lies in Dynamic Dashboards and security, but blocking HTTP access on a local network seems a bit excessive.

With dashticz, I created a panel on my iPad with many screens and buttons to change screens. I don't know if Dynamic Dashboards allows me to recreate the same configuration, and in any case, I can't in the short term.

I'm asking the developers to remove the CORRS check for HTTP calls to restore access to the old dashticz panel and allow us to start using Dynamic Dashboards.

Thank you.
Yes, you can create those buttons
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by gizmocuz »

capman wrote: Monday 03 August 2026 19:42 My dashticz screen before the domoticz update :D .
Hope we get a fix soon 8-)

screen.jpg
You can do the same with the dynamic dashboard

I am not saying I won't look into this, but security is priority 1
Quality outlives Quantity!
User avatar
capman
Posts: 166
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 20:48
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by capman »

You can do the same with the dynamic dashboard

I am not saying I won't look into this, but security is priority 1
TOP!! Thanks.
Renber
Posts: 57
Joined: Thursday 04 February 2021 8:10
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Dashticz can't access Domoticz on latest beta

Post by Renber »

a temporary solution if the web server is Apache

Dashticz + Domoticz CORS fix (Apache reverse proxy)

Setup:

Dashticz: /var/www/html/dashticz
Apache: port 80
Domoticz: port 8080
Enable Apache modules:
sudo a2enmod proxy
sudo a2enmod proxy_http

Edit Apache config:
sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

Add inside <VirtualHost *:80>:

ProxyPass /json.htm http://DOMOTICZ_IP:8080/json.htm
ProxyPassReverse /json.htm http://DOMOTICZ_IP:8080/json.htm

Restart Apache:
sudo systemctl restart apache2

Update Dashticz config.js:
Replace:
http://DOMOTICZ_IP:8080

with:
http://DOMOTICZ_IP
Linux Debian 12 Server: Domoticz beta + Dashticz beta + Node-Red + Homebridge
Post Reply