Page 1 of 1
DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Tuesday 17 March 2026 16:17
by Olivier
Hi,
I've used and I use integrated editor to create and manage my DzEvent scripts, but with last update (v2025.2 (build 17407) and previous (V2025.2 (build 17362)-beta),it seems that copy/paste from existing Lua script to new script doesn't work. I can past from text editor (mousepad) but, the copy from DzEvent Editor contains unidentified characters as when I past to text editor, but can't pas into dZEvent editor.
It's perhaps due to my configuration :
Firefox 148.0.2
Xfce with Clipman (copy/paste manager)
But I've this issue only with Domoticz/DzEvent Editor
Have you see this issue and if yes, have you a workaround ?
Thanks
Best Regards,
Olivier
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Tuesday 17 March 2026 16:29
by waltervl
Moved to bugs and problems.
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Tuesday 17 March 2026 19:01
by waltervl
Olivier wrote: Tuesday 17 March 2026 16:17
Hi,
I've used and I use integrated editor to create and manage my DzEvent scripts, but with last update (v2025.2 (build 17407) and previous (V2025.2 (build 17362)-beta),it seems that copy/paste from existing Lua script to new script doesn't work. I can past from text editor (mousepad) but, the copy from DzEvent Editor contains unidentified characters as when I past to text editor, but can't pas into dZEvent editor.
It's perhaps due to my configuration :
Firefox 148.0.2
Xfce with Clipman (copy/paste manager)
But I've this issue only with Domoticz/DzEvent Editor
I just tested this from a windows system and there I have no issue to copy paste text in the dzvents eventeditor from one script into the other.
I tested it with Edge, Chrome and Firefox on beta v2025.2 (build 17407). Domoticz is running on Linux Ubuntu 24.04.
Perhaps clear your browser cache or try it in a browser session in incognito/private mode?
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Tuesday 24 March 2026 8:55
by gizmocuz
Olivier wrote: Tuesday 17 March 2026 16:17
Hi,
I've used and I use integrated editor to create and manage my DzEvent scripts, but with last update (v2025.2 (build 17407) and previous (V2025.2 (build 17362)-beta),it seems that copy/paste from existing Lua script to new script doesn't work. I can past from text editor (mousepad) but, the copy from DzEvent Editor contains unidentified characters as when I past to text editor, but can't pas into dZEvent editor.
It's perhaps due to my configuration :
Firefox 148.0.2
Xfce with Clipman (copy/paste manager)
But I've this issue only with Domoticz/DzEvent Editor
Have you see this issue and if yes, have you a workaround ?
Thanks
Best Regards,
Olivier
Just to understand this correctly. You have 1 dzVents script, and create a new script, and copy paste from the old to the new script and that does not work? I tested this and have no issues
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Friday 27 March 2026 9:28
by Olivier
Hi,
Sorry for late reply..
I've some dzevent scripts, and the issue appears when I want to copy some text of a script to a new script.
For example, I open a script and when I want to copy this text :
execute
The ClipBoard contains and paste this characters on Linux (Mousepad, this web editor ...)(cf screenshot)
But, with Chromium, copy/past works perfectly.
It seems not due to a Firefox's plugins, I've tested with private mode and disable all plugins
Perhaps is due to Linux XFCE clipboard manager, but I've no issue with other tools, only whith dzevent editor at this time.
Firefox is at version 148.0.2 (Debian)
Chromium 146.0.7680.153 (Official Build) built on Debian
Thanks for all
Best Regards
Olivier
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Friday 27 March 2026 15:24
by gizmocuz
I did some digging into the copy/paste issue you reported. The problem was introduced in v2025.2 by a commit that enhanced the ACE editor with several new
features at once. Two specific additions are likely responsible:
1. Live autocompletion (enableLiveAutocompletion) — the ACE editor now shows an autocomplete dropdown as you type/select. The language tools module does
complex focus management that can interfere with how Firefox on Linux handles clipboard events via the X11 PRIMARY selection.
2. Lua syntax validation worker — the editor now activates a background web worker for Lua/dzVents syntax checking. The worker ↔ main-thread communication
during a selection/copy can create a timing race that Clipman picks up.
Chromium handles ACE's internal clipboard trick (temporarily writing text to a hidden textarea) cleanly. Firefox exposes a timing window where tools like
Clipman can capture an intermediate or empty state from that textarea, resulting in garbage characters.
To help narrow down the exact cause, could you test the following:
1. Open a Python script in the editor (not Lua or dzVents) and try copying from it — does the same garbage occur? If Python works fine, the Lua worker is
involved.
2. Before pressing Ctrl+C, press Escape first to dismiss any autocomplete popup that may be active — does that change anything?
This would help us confirm whether to disable live autocompletion, the Lua worker, or both as the fix.
Thanks for the detailed report — the Firefox + Clipman combination was the key variable our test setups were missing.
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Saturday 28 March 2026 11:14
by Olivier
Hi,
1. Open a Python script in the editor (not Lua or dzVents) and try copying from it — does the same garbage occur? If Python works fine, the Lua worker is
involved.
Same issue, there is nothing to paste and same character when I paste into mousepad
2. Before pressing Ctrl+C, press Escape first to dismiss any autocomplete popup that may be active — does that change anything?
Same issue with or without press Escape
Thanks,
Regards
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Sunday 29 March 2026 17:47
by gizmocuz
Thanks for testing — that rules out the Lua worker (since Python has the same issue) and the autocomplete popup (since Escape doesn't help). The cause must be something that affects all script types at a lower level.
Could you try one more thing? Open the browser developer console (F12 → Console tab) while the event editor is open, paste this line, press Enter, then try copying again:
Code: Select all
ace.edit(document.querySelector('.js-script-content')).setOption('enableLiveAutocompletion', false)
This disables the live autocomplete feature without reloading the page.
If copy/paste works after that, we've found the culprit and can ship a targeted fix. If it still fails, we'll know to look elsewhere.
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Monday 30 March 2026 7:42
by Olivier
Hi,
I've tested after disable auto-completion, but same issue

Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Monday 30 March 2026 8:24
by gizmocuz
Do you also have this when you paste into Notepad++ instead of mousepad?
Since disabling live autocompletion alone didn't help, there are two more things to try via the browser console (F12 → Console):
Test 1 — disable all autocompletion:
Code: Select all
var ed = ace.edit(document.querySelector('.js-script-content'));
ed.setOption('enableBasicAutocompletion', false);
ed.setOption('enableSnippets', false);
ed.setOption('enableLiveAutocompletion', false);
Then try copying again.
Test 2 — remove the status bar (the row showing cursor position at the bottom of the editor):
Code: Select all
var el = document.querySelector('.js-script-content');
el.style.bottom = '0';
document.querySelectorAll('.ace-statusbar, .ace_status-indicator').forEach(function(e) { e.remove(); });
ace.edit(el).resize();
Then try copying again.
If either test fixes it, we know exactly what to change. You can run both one after the other — just reload the page between tests to start fresh each time.
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Tuesday 31 March 2026 6:39
by Olivier
Hi,
Sorry, but same issue with this 2 checks ..
I've used Writer to past (Notepad++ not available under Linux)
Attached, screenshot with 2 tests
Regards
Olivier
Re: DzEvent Editor Issue in beta
Posted: Wednesday 01 April 2026 10:13
by Olivier
It seems that's due to a firefox configuration (use about:config). When I set
dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled
to true, it's working again...
I hope that's the real cause... but now it's working
Thank you very much for your help and work @gizmocuz
PS : I can do other tests if needed