RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Moderator: leecollings
-
Goro
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 21:29
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
I'm setting up a Pi 4 Model B with Domoticz and want to use my RFXtrx433, but the RFX does not turn up under Hardware in Domoticz no matter how I try. I tried Debian Bookworm 64-bit (released 2024-07-04) on a USB stick and Bookworm 32-bit (released 2024-07-04) on a micro-SD, in case there was some problem related to USB ports, but no difference. I guess this may be easily solved for someone a bit more skilled. Would be grateful for some ideas on how to proceed.
- FireWizard
- Posts: 1974
- Joined: Tuesday 25 December 2018 12:11
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: Beta
- Location: Voorthuizen (NL)
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Hi @Goro,
Do first a check in order to see, if the RFXCom is recognized by your Rasberry Pi 4.
If it is recognized it will show something as:
If this is the case, follow then the guideline in the Wiki: https://domoticz.com/wiki/PersistentUSBDevices
Succes
Do first a check in order to see, if the RFXCom is recognized by your Rasberry Pi 4.
Code: Select all
dmesg|grep RFXCOMCode: Select all
[ 5.966967] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: RFXCOMSucces
-
Goro
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 21:29
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Thanks FireWizard, unfortunately I got stuck again. The device is indeed recognized by the Pi and when I run the first command suggested in the guideline I get the below, which as far as I understand should be OK. The guideline then instructs how to manage a situation with several USB devices connected, but presently I have only the RFXcom as the system is on a micro-SD. It just doesn't turn up on the Hardware list of Domoticz. Some further suggestions are more than welcome ...
- Attachments
-
- pic.PNG (3.97 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
-
Goro
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 21:29
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Sorry, forget about the above, problem solved. Real noob mistake ...
- FireWizard
- Posts: 1974
- Joined: Tuesday 25 December 2018 12:11
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: Beta
- Location: Voorthuizen (NL)
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Hi #Goro,
Can you tell us, what the real cause was, as it may help others, who are in the same situation?
Regards
Can you tell us, what the real cause was, as it may help others, who are in the same situation?
Regards
-
Djools
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Monday 22 June 2026 19:27
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
Hello everyone
I post my message here because it seems that I have the same issue than the previous one mentioned above.
After scouring the forums and testing several solutions, I’m still struggling to get Domoticz to recognize my RFXcom (USB) "antenna."
Here is my setup:
- Raspberry Pi Model 3B+ running Raspberry Pi OS 13 Trixie (latest version to date)
- Domoticz (version 2026.2) installed via Docker (using a tutorial from Raspberry Tips)
- RFX(COM)trx433XL USB antenna (firmware updated via RFXflash to ProXL1 1052—which I assume is the latest: RFXtrx433XL_ProXL1_1052.hex). Verified in RFXmanager: the RFXcom is perfectly recognized, and the version is detected correctly. Everything looks good there.
So far, the Raspberry Pi setup has worked perfectly.
It recognizes the RFXcom when connected:
(lsusb: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO))
However, in Domoticz > Setup > Hardware:
* Enabled = YES
* Name = RFX
* Type = RFXCOM - RFXtrx433 USB 433.92MHz Transceiver
...
* Serial Port: (always empty) >>> my antenna isn't detected (see attached image).
Yet, there are no issues in RFX Manager or RFX Flash (where it is identified as "COM5").
I’ve tried using different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and restarted all the machines... but nothing works.
If anyone has encountered this issue before and has any ideas, I’d love to hear them.
Thanks in advance. Have a great day, everyone.
I post my message here because it seems that I have the same issue than the previous one mentioned above.
After scouring the forums and testing several solutions, I’m still struggling to get Domoticz to recognize my RFXcom (USB) "antenna."
Here is my setup:
- Raspberry Pi Model 3B+ running Raspberry Pi OS 13 Trixie (latest version to date)
- Domoticz (version 2026.2) installed via Docker (using a tutorial from Raspberry Tips)
- RFX(COM)trx433XL USB antenna (firmware updated via RFXflash to ProXL1 1052—which I assume is the latest: RFXtrx433XL_ProXL1_1052.hex). Verified in RFXmanager: the RFXcom is perfectly recognized, and the version is detected correctly. Everything looks good there.
So far, the Raspberry Pi setup has worked perfectly.
It recognizes the RFXcom when connected:
(lsusb: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO))
However, in Domoticz > Setup > Hardware:
* Enabled = YES
* Name = RFX
* Type = RFXCOM - RFXtrx433 USB 433.92MHz Transceiver
...
* Serial Port: (always empty) >>> my antenna isn't detected (see attached image).
Yet, there are no issues in RFX Manager or RFX Flash (where it is identified as "COM5").
I’ve tried using different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and restarted all the machines... but nothing works.
If anyone has encountered this issue before and has any ideas, I’d love to hear them.
Thanks in advance. Have a great day, everyone.
- Attachments
-
- Visuel_Domoticz_RFXcomNotDetected.png (46.52 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3025
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
In the docker compose you have to declare/forward the serial port. See the docker install instructions how to do this (wiki)
Quality outlives Quantity!
- waltervl
- Posts: 7008
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
@Djools see https://wiki.domoticz.com/Docker#Serial_Port
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: RFXtrx433 not recoginzed by Domoticz
i think my container is running host mode
when you do that the container sees everything without specifying.
maybe try that
when you do that the container sees everything without specifying.
maybe try that