Dear all,
I am making a water consumption meter (counter). The hardware works and I can retrieve the actual counter value in Python. So far so good. I was also already successful in making electrical counter plugins, with "Usage" and "kWh" Typenames.
But I cannot find any documentation about the way to create the device in the python plugin code. I would like to pass the direct counter values (already incremented) to the counter. So this is not an "Counter Incremental" if I understand right. Then I would like Domoticz to display nice usage histograms in the log, as for "Usage" (electric) devices.
1) Which TypeName should I use, or which Type/SubType ? I have tried with TypeName="Counter", I see the device in Domoticz but the icon is missing, and if I set it to "Used" it will never show in Utilities tab (or any other tab).
2) Is it possible to set a display unit? (In my case this would be liters).
Or better, is it possible to set a multiplier such as 0.001 and "m3" unit so that it displays cubic meters instead of the raw value? It seems there is an "Options" parameter that I can pass when creating the device, but it is documented nowhere.
Thanks!
Creating a water counter plugin
Moderator: leecollings
-
galinette
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Monday 11 December 2017 22:57
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Creating a water counter plugin
Hi,
Any feedback on this? I can't find any exhaustive documentation about device types/subtypes when creating a python plugin. Is there no Water Counter type we can use?
Thanks!
Any feedback on this? I can't find any exhaustive documentation about device types/subtypes when creating a python plugin. Is there no Water Counter type we can use?
Thanks!
-
Xorfor
Re: Creating a water counter plugin
Typename: Waterflow?
or
Type: 243
Subtype: 30
Look at https://github.com/Xorfor/Domoticz-Template-Plugin/wiki
For a dzVents example with screendumps: https://ehoco.nl/waterflowmeter-in-domoticz/
or
Type: 243
Subtype: 30
Look at https://github.com/Xorfor/Domoticz-Template-Plugin/wiki
For a dzVents example with screendumps: https://ehoco.nl/waterflowmeter-in-domoticz/
-
galinette
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Monday 11 December 2017 22:57
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Creating a water counter plugin
Thanks, and sorry for the late reply.
It seems that waterflow has flow only, and does not count the usage.
We are missing a generic kind of instant/counter usage device type, which works as the electrical devices, but where we can set custom units.
It seems that waterflow has flow only, and does not count the usage.
We are missing a generic kind of instant/counter usage device type, which works as the electrical devices, but where we can set custom units.