Page 1 of 1

Python 3 helper service

Posted: Thursday 29 June 2017 17:00
by Westcott
Hi all,

I'm developing a helper service in Python 3.
It's to run all of the network and internet calls I use for Domoticz.
Originally these were handled directly by several Lua scripts, but I started getting more and more timeout errors - script running for more than 10 seconds.
My inspiration was Egregius' 'pass2php'.
Differences are - Python3 running continuously with a socket listener for Domoticz data, and almost no switching. That is left to Domoticz, as noted in Lost's post http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13#p139710

Functionality integrated so far -
  • Read/write Domoticz data with Json.
    Delete old unused devices
    Check battery levels
    Get IP addresses for online devices
    Read real-time data from solar inverter
    Read/write to Max Cube
    Run internet speed test (speedtest library)
    Delete old data from switches and utility devices
    Get the nearby river level from Environment Agency API
    Get summary forecast from WUnderground.
    Get nearby commercial flights from public-api.adsbexchange.com
    Detect nearby Bluetooth BLE beacons (bluepy library)
    Control RGB Yee lamps (yeelight library)
    Control ESPeasy devices.
    Scheduling using the 'apscheduler' library