Z-Wave stick / Razberry

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
rednas
Posts: 132
Joined: Tuesday 20 October 2015 12:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Z-Wave stick / Razberry

Post by rednas »

Hello,

I want to include Z-Wave to my Domoticz installation.
What I want to know is which USB stick is the best, or even Razberry?
There are many options, so I would like to know what is the best solution.

Thanks in advance!
[email protected]
Posts: 14
Joined: Sunday 31 August 2014 15:37
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Z-Wave stick / Razberry

Post by [email protected] »

I would suggest the latest version of the Aeon Z-Stick (Gen 5).

My reasons are these:

The device contains an internal battery. This allows you to take it to a pre-installed Z-wave unit (like a light-switch / relay) and carry out inclusions / exclusions in-situ (these operations require "direct" contact. The internal indicators show you what is happening. Thus is VERY valuable in debugging a new system.

The Aeon Zstick works well with a Rasberry PI (2 and especially 3). You should consider linking the USB interface to the device ID for convenience.

In my case, I upgraded from the previous version of the Aeon Zstick (placed in exactly the same location), and network reliability was instantly significantly better.
Post Reply