Irrigation project

In this subforum you can show projects you have made, or you are busy with. Please create your own topic.

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
User avatar
emme
Posts: 909
Joined: Monday 27 June 2016 11:02
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Irrigation project

Post by emme »

Hi,

I'm willing to create an irrigation system for my balcony (where I do not have a water valve, so I'll use a 20lt tank) to irrigate/water drop some small plants.

All plants are in separate vases (4) and in my head I would like to irrigate on demand any vase.

So I suppose I would need 4 ESP8266 humidity sensor, 4 electro valves, and a pump, a flood sensor (for the empty tank)

I suppose the water flow would be like:

Code: Select all

TANK 
   --> Tank Electrovalve 
   --> Pump 
          Electrovalve 1 --> Vase 1
          Electrovalve 2 --> Vase 2
          Electrovalve 3 --> Vase 1
          Electrovalve 4 --> Vase 1
          back in the TANK
The funcion would be qiute easy: if the sensor goes under a value, the system will open the tank elettrovalve, the vase tank and activate the pump until level goes fine for a certain amount of minutes
before stop the punp and close the tank valve, it should check if other valves are open
If the tank gets empty, stop everything and send a notification

I would like to care about the scripting (Challenges must be accepted, not delegate to others :P :P)

I have the first concern about Hardware: I assume I would need a 8realy board, but what about inputs? does RBpi3 has enough I/O?! Any suggestions for the board shall I use to handle all INs and OUTs?
if it is "safe" to use the same raspberry used for the server or use another one and configure it as a remote server? (I actually have a RBPi3 that can be used)


thanks a lot for all suggestions and help :P
Ciao
M
The most dangerous phrase in any language is:
"We always done this way"
Post Reply