Switches showing in OZW not in devices

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
JayKudo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thursday 17 March 2016 20:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Switches showing in OZW not in devices

Post by JayKudo »

I have a couple of switches which act as scene controllers (Z-Wave.Me ZME_064435 Wall Controller) . These show up nice in OZW but they aren't showing up in the devices section of domoticz. I already associated them with the controller in groups & network but still no luck :( Any suggestions?
User avatar
Egregius
Posts: 2592
Joined: Thursday 09 April 2015 12:19
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: v2024.7
Location: Beitem, BE
Contact:

Re: Switches showing in OZW not in devices

Post by Egregius »

Is 'allow new hardware' checked on the settings page?
JayKudo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thursday 17 March 2016 20:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Switches showing in OZW not in devices

Post by JayKudo »

Hi, yes it is.

First, thanks for you reply.

I think I have found the 'issue'. It might be a documentation issue. With z-wave devices you have to add them to domoticz via the setup->devices section, however with zwave remotes (mostly scene controllers) you can go directly into switches and learn the buttons there, without adding them as device.
Post Reply