Page 5 of 6

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Thursday 25 June 2026 10:31
by rron
This problem is going to be solved if the pull request off the nightglass is being done. It is there since april. 8-)

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 9:10
by Gravityz
Great progress sofar.

This is the first theme which is acceptable as the default replacement
In combination with the dynamic dashboard it gives you lot's of options.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 11:53
by franks
This is a very beautiful theme for Domoticz. As others have already written: this is the first serious alternative to the default theme. I’m now using it for my dynamic dashboard as well. However, I’m encountering one issue: I can’t save the settings. When I click Save to Domoticz, I get an error message: "Save failed. The server rejected the settings. (unknown)." What could be going wrong here?

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 16:15
by Gravityz
they changed the way the nightglass settings are saved on both the nightglass as well as domoticz side.

on domoticz you need to upgrade to the latest version (i am on 18.234)
on nightglass you need to upgrade to latest version V0.6.1

i suspect you either upgraded nightglass or domoticz but not both so the new functionality does not work.

to be safe, first do a settings export from nightglass settings so you can always import those in case you loose the settings while upgrading

after the upgrad you can either use apply settting or save to domoticz which works the same way.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 18:18
by franks
Hi, I am running both latest versions. Domoticz 2026.3 and Nightglass 0.6.1

Regards, Frank

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 19:27
by Gravityz
hmm, strange.
do you run in docker.
mayee stop the domoticz container and start it again.

i noticed that on the first start i still got an error regarding the extrem size of ThemeSetings.
after a stop and start it was gone.

i checked the database and it now has a dedicated ThemeSettings section in which the settings are stored as a table

otherwise report it on github because it looks like the storagesettings have changed

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 14 August 2026 21:16
by franks
No, not using docker for Domoticz.

I did some debugging in my webbrowser (Edge) and I noticed this at the moment I try to save the Nightglass settings:

Request URL
http://my-domoticz-host/json.htm
Request Method
POST
Status Code
400 Bad Request
Remote Address
my-domoticz-host:80
Referrer Policy
strict-origin-when-cross-origin

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Wednesday 26 August 2026 20:45
by franks
I think I’ve made some progress in my search for saving the Themes settings. When I look in the Domoticz database using SQLite and run the .tables command, I see the following:

AccessTokens LightingLog SceneTimers
Applications Meter Scenes
BackupLog Meter_Calendar SetpointTimers
Cameras MobileDevices SharedDevices
CamerasActiveDevices MultiMeter Temperature
CustomImages MultiMeter_Calendar Temperature_Calendar
DashboardLayouts MySensors TimerPlans
DeviceStatus MySensorsChilds Timers
DeviceToPlansMap MySensorsVars ToonDevices
EnOceanNodes Notifications UV
EventFolder Percentage UV_Calendar
EventMaster Percentage_Calendar UserSessions
EventRules Plans UserVariables
Fan Preferences Users
Fan_Calendar PushLink WOLNodes
Floorplans Rain Wind
Hardware Rain_Calendar Wind_Calendar
KWHStats SceneDevices ZWaveNodes
LightSubDevices SceneLog

Shouldn’t there be a table for the Themes settings in here?

Regards, Frank

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 11:14
by imautohuttraeger
I do like the new guided tour that pops up after new install (latest beta in my case). Excellent!

Is there any handy possibility to show the tour even in-between the installation of a new version? Maybe a press on a dedicated button in the settings could make this possible.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 11:30
by Gravityz
They already thought of that.
i think it is under setup-about-tips and tricks

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 12:27
by imautohuttraeger
Some scenes have animations - even when the scene is OFF.

I haven't found out why just some have it. And as there is no possibility to edit the icon of a scene on the edit page.

Am I missing something?

See video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HQ5PZGr9jNB3LoG8

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 12:29
by imautohuttraeger
Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 11:30 They already thought of that.
i think it is under setup-about-tips and tricks
That is is general tour for Domoticz. I mean the new tour for night glass theme since today's latest beta of night glass.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 12:50
by Gravityz
Yes you can change the icons on different places.
when going to setup-settings-nightglass there is an entry Device icons and a manage buttons.
from there you can change everything, also the way it behaves(jumping, spinning)

Having said that, it seems that if i try to use this on scenes/groups i get a message in the right bottom corner
Icon not saved
Domoticz refused the icon for 1 device. Colo..

can not read the rest.

maybee it is a bug or it generates an error because default domoticz does not have the option to change scene/group icons thus if nightglass tries it it generates an error

imautohuttraeger wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:27 Some scenes have animations - even when the scene is OFF.

I haven't found out why just some have it. And as there is no possibility to edit the icon of a scene on the edit page.

Am I missing something?

See video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HQ5PZGr9jNB3LoG8

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 13:33
by imautohuttraeger
I not sure, if I understand you correctly.
Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:50 when going to setup-settings-nightglass there is an entry Device icons and a manage buttons.
from there you can change everything, also the way it behaves(jumping, spinning
Yes, I can switch animations on or off. But just generally. See screenshot 2
Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:50 if i try to use this on scenes/groups i get a message in the right bottom corner
I don't have the option to change an icon for an individual scene like I have for switches or utilities. See screenshot 1

EDIT: And there still is the phenomenon, that some (only few) icons of scenes are animated, although the scene is OFF

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 13:54
by Gravityz
while in nightglass setting you need to go to and click manage
Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-04 om 13.54.07.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2026-09-04 om 13.54.07.png (41.13 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 14:12
by imautohuttraeger
Ah - now I have got it 🤦

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 14:14
by Gravityz
let me know if you are able to save the icon or that you are also getting an error.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 14:46
by imautohuttraeger
EDIT: I get this error, but only when I choose a scene with one toggle icon. If I choose a scene with two icons (on / off), the there is no error, but thr icon is not visible.

I don't get an error when I change the icon of a scene. But only the animation is changed. Changing the icon itself (anchor in the screenshot) is also accepted without error, but it is not visible (standard icon is kept)

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 15:05
by pfloryann
The smaller widgets in the nightglass tour are very nice, it would be interesting if they could be added to the dynamic dashboard or in pages to be able to select for each device if you want such a widget.

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Posted: Friday 04 September 2026 15:44
by imautohuttraeger
pfloryann wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 15:05 The smaller widgets in the nightglass tour are very nice, it would be interesting if they could be added to the dynamic dashboard or in pages to be able to select for each device if you want such a widget.
Word! That's what I thought, too.