🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Moderator: leecollings
-
rron
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Sunday 30 March 2014 15:24
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: Beta
- Location: Waterland
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
This problem is going to be solved if the pull request off the nightglass is being done. It is there since april. 
Rpi4, Docker, z-wave, zigbee, espeasy, smartevse
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Great progress sofar.
This is the first theme which is acceptable as the default replacement
In combination with the dynamic dashboard it gives you lot's of options.
This is the first theme which is acceptable as the default replacement
In combination with the dynamic dashboard it gives you lot's of options.
-
franks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 25 April 2026 23:40
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
This is a very beautiful theme for Domoticz. As others have already written: this is the first serious alternative to the default theme. I’m now using it for my dynamic dashboard as well. However, I’m encountering one issue: I can’t save the settings. When I click Save to Domoticz, I get an error message: "Save failed. The server rejected the settings. (unknown)." What could be going wrong here?
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
they changed the way the nightglass settings are saved on both the nightglass as well as domoticz side.
on domoticz you need to upgrade to the latest version (i am on 18.234)
on nightglass you need to upgrade to latest version V0.6.1
i suspect you either upgraded nightglass or domoticz but not both so the new functionality does not work.
to be safe, first do a settings export from nightglass settings so you can always import those in case you loose the settings while upgrading
after the upgrad you can either use apply settting or save to domoticz which works the same way.
on domoticz you need to upgrade to the latest version (i am on 18.234)
on nightglass you need to upgrade to latest version V0.6.1
i suspect you either upgraded nightglass or domoticz but not both so the new functionality does not work.
to be safe, first do a settings export from nightglass settings so you can always import those in case you loose the settings while upgrading
after the upgrad you can either use apply settting or save to domoticz which works the same way.
-
franks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 25 April 2026 23:40
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Hi, I am running both latest versions. Domoticz 2026.3 and Nightglass 0.6.1
Regards, Frank
Regards, Frank
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
hmm, strange.
do you run in docker.
mayee stop the domoticz container and start it again.
i noticed that on the first start i still got an error regarding the extrem size of ThemeSetings.
after a stop and start it was gone.
i checked the database and it now has a dedicated ThemeSettings section in which the settings are stored as a table
otherwise report it on github because it looks like the storagesettings have changed
do you run in docker.
mayee stop the domoticz container and start it again.
i noticed that on the first start i still got an error regarding the extrem size of ThemeSetings.
after a stop and start it was gone.
i checked the database and it now has a dedicated ThemeSettings section in which the settings are stored as a table
otherwise report it on github because it looks like the storagesettings have changed
-
franks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 25 April 2026 23:40
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
No, not using docker for Domoticz.
I did some debugging in my webbrowser (Edge) and I noticed this at the moment I try to save the Nightglass settings:
Request URL
http://my-domoticz-host/json.htm
Request Method
POST
Status Code
400 Bad Request
Remote Address
my-domoticz-host:80
Referrer Policy
strict-origin-when-cross-origin
I did some debugging in my webbrowser (Edge) and I noticed this at the moment I try to save the Nightglass settings:
Request URL
http://my-domoticz-host/json.htm
Request Method
POST
Status Code
400 Bad Request
Remote Address
my-domoticz-host:80
Referrer Policy
strict-origin-when-cross-origin
-
franks
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Saturday 25 April 2026 23:40
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
I think I’ve made some progress in my search for saving the Themes settings. When I look in the Domoticz database using SQLite and run the .tables command, I see the following:
AccessTokens LightingLog SceneTimers
Applications Meter Scenes
BackupLog Meter_Calendar SetpointTimers
Cameras MobileDevices SharedDevices
CamerasActiveDevices MultiMeter Temperature
CustomImages MultiMeter_Calendar Temperature_Calendar
DashboardLayouts MySensors TimerPlans
DeviceStatus MySensorsChilds Timers
DeviceToPlansMap MySensorsVars ToonDevices
EnOceanNodes Notifications UV
EventFolder Percentage UV_Calendar
EventMaster Percentage_Calendar UserSessions
EventRules Plans UserVariables
Fan Preferences Users
Fan_Calendar PushLink WOLNodes
Floorplans Rain Wind
Hardware Rain_Calendar Wind_Calendar
KWHStats SceneDevices ZWaveNodes
LightSubDevices SceneLog
Shouldn’t there be a table for the Themes settings in here?
Regards, Frank
AccessTokens LightingLog SceneTimers
Applications Meter Scenes
BackupLog Meter_Calendar SetpointTimers
Cameras MobileDevices SharedDevices
CamerasActiveDevices MultiMeter Temperature
CustomImages MultiMeter_Calendar Temperature_Calendar
DashboardLayouts MySensors TimerPlans
DeviceStatus MySensorsChilds Timers
DeviceToPlansMap MySensorsVars ToonDevices
EnOceanNodes Notifications UV
EventFolder Percentage UV_Calendar
EventMaster Percentage_Calendar UserSessions
EventRules Plans UserVariables
Fan Preferences Users
Fan_Calendar PushLink WOLNodes
Floorplans Rain Wind
Hardware Rain_Calendar Wind_Calendar
KWHStats SceneDevices ZWaveNodes
LightSubDevices SceneLog
Shouldn’t there be a table for the Themes settings in here?
Regards, Frank
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
I do like the new guided tour that pops up after new install (latest beta in my case). Excellent!
Is there any handy possibility to show the tour even in-between the installation of a new version? Maybe a press on a dedicated button in the settings could make this possible.
Is there any handy possibility to show the tour even in-between the installation of a new version? Maybe a press on a dedicated button in the settings could make this possible.
Stop, look and listen.
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
They already thought of that.
i think it is under setup-about-tips and tricks
i think it is under setup-about-tips and tricks
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Some scenes have animations - even when the scene is OFF.
I haven't found out why just some have it. And as there is no possibility to edit the icon of a scene on the edit page.
Am I missing something?
See video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HQ5PZGr9jNB3LoG8
I haven't found out why just some have it. And as there is no possibility to edit the icon of a scene on the edit page.
Am I missing something?
See video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HQ5PZGr9jNB3LoG8
Stop, look and listen.
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
That is is general tour for Domoticz. I mean the new tour for night glass theme since today's latest beta of night glass.Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 11:30 They already thought of that.
i think it is under setup-about-tips and tricks
Stop, look and listen.
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Yes you can change the icons on different places.
when going to setup-settings-nightglass there is an entry Device icons and a manage buttons.
from there you can change everything, also the way it behaves(jumping, spinning)
Having said that, it seems that if i try to use this on scenes/groups i get a message in the right bottom corner
Icon not saved
Domoticz refused the icon for 1 device. Colo..
can not read the rest.
maybee it is a bug or it generates an error because default domoticz does not have the option to change scene/group icons thus if nightglass tries it it generates an error
when going to setup-settings-nightglass there is an entry Device icons and a manage buttons.
from there you can change everything, also the way it behaves(jumping, spinning)
Having said that, it seems that if i try to use this on scenes/groups i get a message in the right bottom corner
Icon not saved
Domoticz refused the icon for 1 device. Colo..
can not read the rest.
maybee it is a bug or it generates an error because default domoticz does not have the option to change scene/group icons thus if nightglass tries it it generates an error
imautohuttraeger wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:27 Some scenes have animations - even when the scene is OFF.
I haven't found out why just some have it. And as there is no possibility to edit the icon of a scene on the edit page.
Am I missing something?
See video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8HQ5PZGr9jNB3LoG8
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
I not sure, if I understand you correctly.
EDIT: And there still is the phenomenon, that some (only few) icons of scenes are animated, although the scene is OFF
Yes, I can switch animations on or off. But just generally. See screenshot 2Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:50 when going to setup-settings-nightglass there is an entry Device icons and a manage buttons.
from there you can change everything, also the way it behaves(jumping, spinning
I don't have the option to change an icon for an individual scene like I have for switches or utilities. See screenshot 1Gravityz wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 12:50 if i try to use this on scenes/groups i get a message in the right bottom corner
EDIT: And there still is the phenomenon, that some (only few) icons of scenes are animated, although the scene is OFF
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot_20260904-130607.png (222.24 KiB) Viewed 359 times
-
- Screenshot_20260904-130732.png (86.08 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Stop, look and listen.
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
while in nightglass setting you need to go to and click manage
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
-
Gravityz
- Posts: 755
- Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
let me know if you are able to save the icon or that you are also getting an error.
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
EDIT: I get this error, but only when I choose a scene with one toggle icon. If I choose a scene with two icons (on / off), the there is no error, but thr icon is not visible.
I don't get an error when I change the icon of a scene. But only the animation is changed. Changing the icon itself (anchor in the screenshot) is also accepted without error, but it is not visible (standard icon is kept)
I don't get an error when I change the icon of a scene. But only the animation is changed. Changing the icon itself (anchor in the screenshot) is also accepted without error, but it is not visible (standard icon is kept)
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot_20260904-144112.png (35.55 KiB) Viewed 318 times
-
- Screenshot_20260904-144048.png (64.45 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Last edited by imautohuttraeger on Friday 04 September 2026 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Stop, look and listen.
-
pfloryann
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Wednesday 09 January 2019 10:14
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: BlooeSky
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
The smaller widgets in the nightglass tour are very nice, it would be interesting if they could be added to the dynamic dashboard or in pages to be able to select for each device if you want such a widget.
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot 2026-09-04 at 16-01-47 Domoticz.png (26.07 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 4 Debian 13 x64
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
- imautohuttraeger
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)
Word! That's what I thought, too.pfloryann wrote: Friday 04 September 2026 15:05 The smaller widgets in the nightglass tour are very nice, it would be interesting if they could be added to the dynamic dashboard or in pages to be able to select for each device if you want such a widget.
Stop, look and listen.