Page 5 of 8

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 7:57
by gizmocuz
imautohuttraeger wrote: Friday 10 April 2026 23:28 On the energy dashboard, a small blue background is appearing on the left.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/W91UvreN8UrUAGbw6
That is by design

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 8:23
by imautohuttraeger
Ups - that's absolutely OK, of course, and is indeed nice. I was just wondering, why only the self-sufficiency widget resp. the corresponding part of the energy widget is having this.

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:32
by imautohuttraeger
gizmocuz wrote: Friday 10 April 2026 13:46 - Room Plan without list view:
- Generally, the width of devices is not always eaqual, e.g. width of scenes are smaller than of switches.
I can't reproduce this. my scenes/groups/switches/blinds are the same width
Did you test with the latest beta?
Still the same behaviour here with me, even with latest beta and if the widget is created new from scratch.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/z5RmMkEMJnaqHrji7

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:47
by gizmocuz
It's still in a decision phase here in my brain... should more widgets use this, or not... :geek:
It will probably be removed... but it looks nice ;)

@superprzemo
- there is now a dial widget ! (you can also use it as a gauge, it is actually a gauge style)
Let me know what you think about it (beta 17707)

@imautohuttraeger
- Still the same behaviour here with me, even with latest beta and if the widget is created new from scratch.
That's correct, not looked at further as it is not happening here. But one day I will look at it.
There is currently no need to use these legacy scene/devices on the dashboard but I agree that it should work

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 11:30
by imautohuttraeger
gizmocuz wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:47 That's correct, not looked at further as it is not happening here. But one day I will look at it.
There is currently no need to use these legacy scene/devices on the dashboard but I agree that it should work
I agree, especially as meanwhile all the "classic" rooms can be picked from the drop-down list of the dynamic dashboard. Please please don't give this a high priority.

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 12:32
by imautohuttraeger
gizmocuz wrote: Friday 10 April 2026 16:40 @imautohuttraeger,

Okey that are a lot of room plans, room plans are not designed for this but ok....
I will see what I can do about this...
As a good workaround I meanwhile detected, I can simply click on any kind of classical room an there I have the fully scrollable list of all rooms. So the need to fix this is quite low.

However, if you are on a classic dashboard page and choose another classic one, it jumps to the last dynamic page that was opened. You have to choose any kind of the classic ones again, to finally get to to the page you really requested

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 13:54
by gizmocuz
imautohuttraeger wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 11:30
gizmocuz wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:47 That's correct, not looked at further as it is not happening here. But one day I will look at it.
There is currently no need to use these legacy scene/devices on the dashboard but I agree that it should work
Scene/Group width fixed in beta 17709 (favorite and room plan widget)

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 14:07
by gizmocuz
imautohuttraeger wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 12:32 However, if you are on a classic dashboard page and choose another classic one, it jumps to the last dynamic page that was opened. You have to choose any kind of the classic ones again, to finally get to to the page you really requested
Fixed in beta 17711, when you are now in the classic dashboard and select another roomplan, it will stay in the classic dashboard (until you select a dynamic one)

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 14:08
by imautohuttraeger
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
T H A N K Y O U !!!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 14:35
by gizmocuz
imautohuttraeger wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 12:32 Okey that are a lot of room plans, room plans are not designed for this but ok....
I will see what I can do about this...

As a good workaround I meanwhile detected, I can simply click on any kind of classical room an there I have the fully scrollable list of all rooms. So the need to fix this is quite low.
Solved in beta 17715, I test with making rows of 10 and then make the menu wider... but I finally decided to add a vertical scrollbar

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 15:01
by BartSr
Very happy with almost daily beta updates!
I learn more and more about new dasboards.

I think there's a small error re temp charts. Chosen last 24 hours. It shows last 7 days.
No priority, just to let you know.

Tried to post picture but can't upload picture right now.

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Saturday 11 April 2026 15:09
by superprzemo
gizmocuz wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:47 @superprzemo
- there is now a dial widget ! (you can also use it as a gauge, it is actually a gauge style)
Let me know what you think about it (beta 17707)
Yes, I meant something like this, but: on a tablet, you cannot select the state. On a laptop, using a mouse you can, but with your finger on a tablet, selecting the state is impossible.
By the way, is it possible to increase the size of the weather forecast icons?

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Sunday 12 April 2026 11:04
by gizmocuz
superprzemo wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 15:09
gizmocuz wrote: Saturday 11 April 2026 10:47 @superprzemo
- there is now a dial widget ! (you can also use it as a gauge, it is actually a gauge style)
Let me know what you think about it (beta 17707)
Yes, I meant something like this, but: on a tablet, you cannot select the state. On a laptop, using a mouse you can, but with your finger on a tablet, selecting the state is impossible.
By the way, is it possible to increase the size of the weather forecast icons?
In the new beta version you can now use your finger/touch to control the dial
Forecast icons have increased a bit as well

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Sunday 12 April 2026 11:31
by superprzemo
gizmocuz wrote: Sunday 12 April 2026 11:04
In the new beta version you can now use your finger/touch to control the dial
Forecast icons have increased a bit as well
Great!!!
Can the functionality of the dial widget be further extended so that it can also be used in regular on/off buttons (e.g., blue dial face for off and red for on)?

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Sunday 12 April 2026 13:57
by gizmocuz
@superprzemo,

New beta version 17722.

The dial now supports simple On/Off, PushOn/PushOff switch types.

It is using the same colors as everywhere in the dynamic dashboard for On/Off and other states

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Sunday 12 April 2026 14:50
by imautohuttraeger
gizmocuz wrote: Sunday 12 April 2026 11:04 In the new beta version you can now use your finger/touch to control the dial
Just recognized, that it can even be used as a good looking and compact On/Off switch for simple switch devices. Nice!

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Sunday 12 April 2026 21:29
by superprzemo
gizmocuz wrote: Sunday 12 April 2026 13:57 @superprzemo,

New beta version 17722.

The dial now supports simple On/Off, PushOn/PushOff switch types.

It is using the same colors as everywhere in the dynamic dashboard for On/Off and other states
The simple on/off button works (that's what I meant), but the selector button has stopped working (it worked before).
I have a question about Google Calendar β€” currently it doesn't display all events (only some of them), and fewer than what is selected in the widget options.
Is there also a plan to introduce local language support in the widgets?

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Monday 13 April 2026 8:40
by gizmocuz
superprzemo wrote: Sunday 12 April 2026 21:29 The simple on/off button works (that's what I meant), but the selector button has stopped working (it worked before).
I have a question about Google Calendar β€” currently it doesn't display all events (only some of them), and fewer than what is selected in the widget options.
Is there also a plan to introduce local language support in the widgets?
- The simple on/off button works (that's what I meant), but the selector button has stopped working (it worked before).
What does not work anymore for the selector switch? (the touch/finger? because when using the mouse on a desktop it is working)

- I have a question about Google Calendar β€” currently it doesn't display all events (only some of them), and fewer than what is selected in the widget options.
The reason was that it did not display a scrollbar if it did not fit the widget

- Is there also a plan to introduce local language support in the widgets?
The dynamic dashboard will support translation, the strings to be translated are already in the repository but not yet in the translation system.
https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/bl ... board.json
There is no rush as it is only for configuration, and there are quite some strings to be translated

New beta version available (17727). Now the dial also zooms in when the outer scale/tick marks do not have have to be displayed (for switch types)

The Gauge/Dial now uses 'ranges' instead of a major/critical value. This way you have more control over the colors (and can also work with ranges from -10000 to 10000)

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Monday 13 April 2026 10:45
by superprzemo
gizmocuz wrote: Monday 13 April 2026 8:40
- The simple on/off button works (that's what I meant), but the selector button has stopped working (it worked before).
What does not work anymore for the selector switch? (the touch/finger? because when using the mouse on a desktop it is working)
I can choose a state in the selector switch (using the laptop’s mouse or by tapping on the tablet), and the state I select appears in the selector switch, but it doesn’t change on the device itself.

Re: Dynamic Dashboards and easier theming

Posted: Monday 13 April 2026 11:26
by imautohuttraeger
Separate temperature widget

Currently I am using the gauge widget to display temperature sensors. Would be great to have a special widget designed just for this purpose. Maybe even showing the figures like we know from a classic device view: Temperature, humidity and dew point. Maybe adopting the corresponding part of the energy widget could work as a good starting point I think.