Page 5 of 5
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 26 June 2026 16:58
by waltervl
heggink wrote: Friday 26 June 2026 16:04
I connected my tado-x by pairing it to my appletv and then connecting it to the docker python matter server. That works without any issues
How did you connect your appletv with matter.js?
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Monday 29 June 2026 17:25
by FunFair
waltervl wrote: Tuesday 23 June 2026 18:51
I dont use matter (yet)....
Looking at the post of FunFair he did a non docker matter.js install.
I dont know if that install is valid for all systems.
Correct, I made a native install and did not use docker.
I am using a VM in proxmox where I had to assign the Bluetooth dongle and the onboard Bluetooth of my system wasn't working. So I couldn't add any thread devices. And my instruction somewhat is valid if you use a ZBT-2 stick with OTBR.
The tricky part here is to is to get the thread code to pair the router to matter.
Using a VM and then a docker makes no sense in my mind
Maybe I could run it in a lxc environment, but then I would still need to get the OTBR part working.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Monday 29 June 2026 17:49
by Thorgal789
FunFair wrote: Monday 29 June 2026 17:25
Correct, I made a native install and did not use docker.
I am using a VM in proxmox where I had to assign the Bluetooth dongle and the onboard Bluetooth of my system wasn't working. So I couldn't add any thread devices. And my instruction somewhat is valid if you use a ZBT-2 stick with OTBR.
The tricky part here is to is to get the thread code to pair the router to matter.
Using a VM and then a docker makes no sense in my mind
Maybe I could run it in a lxc environment, but then I would still need to get the OTBR part working.
Thx for return, I have delayed my tests because I have another thing "essential" that have stopped working (A dashboard with E-paper), but the project seem really well done, I would have preferred a project in full Python rather than JS but all the rest seem perfect (for my personnal use) on the paper, portability, nothing useless,just the minimum.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Monday 29 June 2026 22:09
by FunFair
waltervl wrote: Friday 26 June 2026 16:58
heggink wrote: Friday 26 June 2026 16:04
I connected my tado-x by pairing it to my appletv and then connecting it to the docker python matter server. That works without any issues
How did you connect your appletv with matter.js?
This confused me aswell. With zigbee you need your coördinator to pair devices, but with matter you can use multiple devices to make the first connection.
With OTBR and Matterjs you need the active dataset code, which is a long code in the order of 25 character. This is also known as the thread dataset. Apparently you can use this dataset with a compatible device or app that takes care of the commissioning, for this it uses the bluetooth (BLE) connection of the smart devices.
For example, home assistant uses its own android app, where you load in the thread dataset. The phone connects to the device and commissions it into the thread network.
With domoticz there is no such app that connects with the matterjs server. Someone here posted that he uses the app smartlife, but I wonder how that works. It would be a heck of a lot easier than my method of getting BLE working within my server. I have to commission the device nearby the BLE connection within the matterjs webportal interface (its not working within the domoticz plugin) and then move the device to the desired location. If you can use your phone its possible to commission at any spot where the thread network is reachable.
If you use an off the shelve thread border route, like the ikea matter hub (and apparently appletv can do this aswell), that device and the included app will take care of commissioning and you'd have to connect matterjs to that device somehow, My guess you will need the same thread dataset for this, but there is limited information available how to do this. Ive checked if my shieldtv could do this, but Google home didnt identify it as a compatible device and I dont really want to use an online platform anyways.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Monday 06 July 2026 19:07
by Barry
This is what I did to setup the Ikea DIRIGERA Hub and Ikea Matter devices in Domoticz:
1. Ensure you have the “Open Home Foundation Matter Server” server running as described here : Matter - Domoticz Wiki
2. Install the Ikea “Home Smart” app on your phone
3. Connect the “Ikea DIRIGERA” to ethernet and power
4. Add the “DIRIGERA” Hub to the “Ikea Home Smart” app
5. Once the Hub has been installed you go to “Settings” (menu at the bottom, the icon with the little guy)
6. Select your DIRIGERA hub that you just setup
7. Select “Integrations” (Ikea products in other apps)
8. Select “Link with a code” -> you will get a Matter code that is valid for 15minutes
9. Then go to your “Open Home Foundation Matter Server”
10. Select “Commission Node”
11. Select “Commission existing device”
12. and enter as share code the code you received from the Ikea app and press Commission
13. After a few seconds it will connect and be visible in “Open Home Foundation Matter Server”
14. Once that has been done, you need to add a device
15. Select in the Ikea app the + symbol at the top right corner of the main screen
16. Select “Scan the QR Code for Matter”
17. Scan the code, and setup the device
18. Once that has been done, select the device in the Ikea app, select the settings icon on the top right corner, and select “Control from another system”
19. Enter the code in the “Commission Node” option of the “Open Home Foundation Matter Server”
20. Once it has been connected you will see it appear in Domoticz as Device
HINT:
1. There is no need to accept the privacy policy while installing the "Ikea Home Smart" app, you will not use their cloud services, so no need to have the app collecting personal information
2. Thread and Matter rely heavily on IPv6, so make sure your network and Domoticz device can communicate on IPv6
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Tuesday 07 July 2026 3:25
by solarboy
Looks like fun.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Monday 13 July 2026 9:40
by meal
Hello,
For information Robot Vacuum Cleaner features (RVC) have been implemented in domoticz Matter protocol
The Domoticz Matter protocol implementation includes:
rechargeable batteries in cluster POWER_SOURCE
cluster SERVICE_AREAS
cluster RVC_RUN_MODE
cluster RVC_CLEAN_MODE
cluster RVC_OPERATIONAL STATE
BR
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 17 July 2026 11:43
by RudieO
Hello,
All samples with OTBR software show it with USB Thread routers, is there some were information how to use the ethernet devices as the Espressif and/of SSMLight device with Domoticz ?
Thanks
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 17 July 2026 13:18
by waltervl
RudieO wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 11:43
Hello,
All samples with OTBR software show it with USB Thread routers, is there some were information how to use the ethernet devices as the Espressif and/of SSMLight device with Domoticz ?
Thanks
I suppose this is not different then over Wifi. The USB is only for power I suppose?
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 17 July 2026 16:06
by RudieO
waltervl wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 13:18
RudieO wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 11:43
Hello,
All samples with OTBR software show it with USB Thread routers, is there some were information how to use the ethernet devices as the Espressif and/of SSMLight device with Domoticz ?
Thanks
I suppose this is not different then over Wifi. The USB is only for power I suppose?
I think there is no different between WiFi or wired to connect a Espessif Tread Router to Domoticz, yes the usb is then used as power supply only. Question is only how to do.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 17 July 2026 17:02
by waltervl
RudieO wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 16:06
waltervl wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 13:18
RudieO wrote: Friday 17 July 2026 11:43
Hello,
All samples with OTBR software show it with USB Thread routers, is there some were information how to use the ethernet devices as the Espressif and/of SSMLight device with Domoticz ?
Thanks
I suppose this is not different then over Wifi. The USB is only for power I suppose?
I think there is no different between WiFi or wired to connect a Espessif Tread Router to Domoticz, yes the usb is then used as power supply only. Question is only how to do.
You should use something similar as described earlier with the Ikea hub. You have to connect the Espessif Thread Router to the Matter JS server. After that the Domoticz Matter integration creates devices in Domoticz. So it is:
Device - Thread server - Matter JS - Domoticz.
So on the thread router you should have the option to create a link code to link it to the Matter JS server (with “Commission Node” Select “Commission existing device”). Or it could be that in Domoticz Matter hardware setup button you can do the commissioning of the thread router.
But I have never played with his. Hoping a more experienced user drops in here....

Re: Matter integration
Posted: Wednesday 29 July 2026 17:22
by RudieO
Barry wrote: Monday 06 July 2026 19:07
This is what I did to setup the Ikea DIRIGERA Hub and Ikea Matter devices in Domoticz:
1. Ensure you have the “Open Home Foundation Matter Server” server running as described here : Matter - Domoticz Wiki
Thanks, for the very clear explanation how to integrated the Ikea Dirigera thread hub, and devices in Domoticz.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 07 August 2026 14:41
by Filnet
Hello,
I am trying to install it with docker but I have error to connect to WebSocker in domoticz. "Permission denied" to access to /data/config.
Code: Select all
services:
matterjs-server:
container_name: matterjs-server
image: ghcr.io/matter-js/matterjs-server:latest
read_only: true
network_mode: host
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
- ./data:/data
Code: Select all
~/dockers/matter $ docker compose logs -f
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.564 INFO MatterServer Command line: (no arguments)
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.570 INFO MatterServer Using storage drivers: kv=wal, blob=dir
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.579 INFO ConfigStorage Storage location: /data (Directory)
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.595 FATAL MatterServer Server failed to start /data/config: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/data/config'
matterjs-server | at async mkdir (node:internal/fs/promises:916:10)
matterjs-server | at async NodeJsDirectory.mkdir (/app/node_modules/@matter/nodejs/src/fs/NodeJsDirectory.ts:83:9)
matterjs-server | at async NodeJsDirectory.lock (/app/node_modules/@matter/nodejs/src/fs/NodeJsDirectory.ts:91:9)
matterjs-server | at async DatafileRoot.#acquireRef (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/DatafileRoot.ts:74:29)
matterjs-server | at async DatafileRoot.lock (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/DatafileRoot.ts:64:20)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.initialize (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/StorageDriver.ts:247:26)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.initialize (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/wal/WalStorageDriver.ts:91:9)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.create (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/wal/WalStorageDriver.ts:52:13)
matterjs-server | at async StorageService.#openFilesystem (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/StorageService.ts:234:25)
matterjs-server | at async ConfigStorage.open (/app/node_modules/@matter-server/ws-controller/src/server/ConfigStorage.ts:105:25)
matterjs-server exited with code 1 (restarting)'/data/config'
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 07 August 2026 15:24
by waltervl
Looks like the user running docker has no access to create the directory config in the directory where you have the docker compose yml file stored.
Is it the first try with a docker container?
Did you do
when installing docker compose?
See also for example the Domoticz docker wiki
https://wiki.domoticz.com/Docker#Instal ... nux_system
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Friday 07 August 2026 15:31
by Filnet
Thanks for your message.
All my other dockers run well:
zigbee2mqtt
zwave2mqtt
mosquitto
homebridge
NB: domoticz is not in a docker
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Tuesday 18 August 2026 20:51
by jorknu
Filnet wrote: Friday 07 August 2026 14:41
Hello,
I am trying to install it with docker but I have error to connect to WebSocker in domoticz. "Permission denied" to access to /data/config.
Code: Select all
services:
matterjs-server:
container_name: matterjs-server
image: ghcr.io/matter-js/matterjs-server:latest
read_only: true
network_mode: host
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
- ./data:/data
Code: Select all
~/dockers/matter $ docker compose logs -f
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.564 INFO MatterServer Command line: (no arguments)
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.570 INFO MatterServer Using storage drivers: kv=wal, blob=dir
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.579 INFO ConfigStorage Storage location: /data (Directory)
matterjs-server | 2026-08-07 12:39:08.595 FATAL MatterServer Server failed to start /data/config: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/data/config'
matterjs-server | at async mkdir (node:internal/fs/promises:916:10)
matterjs-server | at async NodeJsDirectory.mkdir (/app/node_modules/@matter/nodejs/src/fs/NodeJsDirectory.ts:83:9)
matterjs-server | at async NodeJsDirectory.lock (/app/node_modules/@matter/nodejs/src/fs/NodeJsDirectory.ts:91:9)
matterjs-server | at async DatafileRoot.#acquireRef (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/DatafileRoot.ts:74:29)
matterjs-server | at async DatafileRoot.lock (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/DatafileRoot.ts:64:20)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.initialize (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/StorageDriver.ts:247:26)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.initialize (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/wal/WalStorageDriver.ts:91:9)
matterjs-server | at async WalStorageDriver.create (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/wal/WalStorageDriver.ts:52:13)
matterjs-server | at async StorageService.#openFilesystem (/app/node_modules/@matter/general/src/storage/StorageService.ts:234:25)
matterjs-server | at async ConfigStorage.open (/app/node_modules/@matter-server/ws-controller/src/server/ConfigStorage.ts:105:25)
matterjs-server exited with code 1 (restarting)'/data/config'
I had the same issue on one pi and not on another.
I figured out that I had a single double quote at the end of the volume line in the docker compose file (making the volume mount invalid).
This seemed to allocate some storage locally in the container.
Maybe you can use this for now as a work around.
In the meantime I am going to check if making the volume inside the home folder as suggested by the original docker compose solves it permanently.
Hope it helps
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Tuesday 18 August 2026 21:05
by jorknu
Okay so it is a permission thing like the error suggested:
A) do not run your docker container as root (e.g. via sudo)
B) use sudo chown pi:pi ./data to make ./data read/writable by your user (it does not have to be in the user home folder)
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Wednesday 19 August 2026 13:59
by Filnet
"sudo chown pi:pi ./data" was the good idea.
Thank you jorknu.
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Saturday 05 September 2026 20:12
by jorknu
I would like to share the following update for people who would like to comission new matter nodes using domoticz and/or matter-js UI.
Important:
Matter comissioning for Thread and WIFI uses BLE (for me this was counter intuitive).
Raspberry pi's from 3B and up have a bluetooth radio onboard.
The following assumes that the bluetooth adapter is on the same host as the matter-js server!
The following additional packages are needed:
sudo apt-get install bluetooth pi-bluetooth bluez
The following service should be started:
sudo systemctl enable bluetooth
sudo systemctl start bluetooth
The bluetooth adapter may be blocked, check and unblock
sudo rfkill list
sudo rfkill unblock <id of bluetooth>
I am not 100% sure if the following command inside bluetoothctl are needed:
* power on
* agent on
The docker compose configuration should be updated to the following (this method keeps the docker running under user id 1000, instead of upgrading to root):
Code: Select all
services:
matterjs-server:
container_name: matterjs-server
image: ghcr.io/matter-js/matterjs-server:latest
read_only: true
network_mode: host
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
- ./data:/data
- /run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro
environment:
- NOBLE_BINDINGS=dbus
- BLUETOOTH_ADAPTER=0
Maybe either Gizmocuz or Waltervl can add this change to the matter-js compose config on the wiki.
Hope it saves you the trouble of when comissioning a node first node
Re: Matter integration
Posted: Saturday 26 September 2026 21:30
by sloeber70
Hi,
I finally managed to get the setup working:
I am using Tado X devices:
- 8 Radiator thermostats
3 Wireless thermostats
1 Wired thermostat = connected to CV
Matter.JS-server is installed in Home Assistant. Connected to HA ZBT-2 dongle
All devices are added to Domoticz through the hardware plugin
Everything is working fine - Synch from DZ towards Tado app ok and vice-versa, this also works when I am using HomeAssistant to alter settings.
I have one issue, maybe there isn't one? but:
I do not see links in the network chart and I cannot add a role for each configured device.
Did I miss something?