Page 4 of 5

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Saturday 02 May 2026 14:42
by gizmocuz
harrykausl wrote: Saturday 02 May 2026 14:21 2. Changing setpoint on the thermostat or in tado or in home assistant doesn't show the correct setpoint. It isn't changed in the new domoticz thermostats.
Fixed in the latest development build (17915)
The setpoint (and temperature) reported by Matter devices was being silently discarded and replaced with the old stored value on every update.
All Thermostat6 sensors (Matter, MySensors, etc.) are affected — updating now should fix the display
3. Changing the mode of the thermostat works in both directions. I have to use in my scripts heat / off instead of on / off.
working as designed — with a selector switch, scripts need to use the level names (Heat, Off, Auto, etc.) rather than On/Off.
That's the trade-off for having proper multi-mode support

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Saturday 02 May 2026 14:49
by harrykausl
thanks gizmocuk. I updatet to the newest beta and now it works.
Great work of fleinze and gicmocuz. Thanks also to waltervl for the documentation, I'll keep on testing.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Saturday 02 May 2026 16:14
by harrykausl
One more thing. Could it be possible to change the design of the thermostat 6. I think it would be better fo such multi devices (set point, temperature, humidity) if the info would not be displayed all in the header. Only the setpoint should be displayed in the header, humidity and temperature on the device. The point Angenehm and Taupunkt are for me obsolet.
Thermostat_6.jpg
Thermostat_6.jpg (92.42 KiB) Viewed 21836 times

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Saturday 02 May 2026 17:42
by gizmocuz
People like to the the setpoint, the temperature and humidity

You can rename your device

We could maybe change it to Setpoint + temp (when temp is supported), you want to know the setpoint and the real temperature in the room?

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Monday 01 June 2026 16:54
by Micha123
Wil it possible to add also an Matter Bridge?

I using a matter bridge in NodeRED

I added an nodeRED matter bridge into Google Home and i can Control my light in Domoticz through Matter with Google Home. No smartnora, or some online Service needed between.

So i can now Control my z-wave and Zigbee devices trough matter in Google home

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 12 June 2026 17:21
by FunFair
I just got my ZBT-2 stick and flashed the Matter/Thread firmware through HomeAssistant. The device is found correctly, but I want to use it in Domoticz, not HA.

So I've installed the matterjs-server, configured the plugin and that works fine, but what should I do now?
ChatGPT tells me to install the Open Thread Border Router, is this the way? The docker container of OTBR refuses to start correctly and won't host it's web interface. So I am wondering if I am on the right track or not.

Anyone with experience?

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 12 June 2026 18:00
by palnic
This is how I installed https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568118 ... pt=glo2usa and the https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568078 ... pt=glo2usa.
1. Make sure you are running 2.4gH wifi
2. I am using SmartLife to adapt the Matter device, should be easy (Use pairing code from matter device). If SmartLife won't recognize you matter device check your WiFi config.
3. Use SmartLife to Share your matter device ( you are going to get a new pairing code)
4.Start matter-server and add node using pairing code you got from SmartLife.
I was following these steps and it works for me. Good luck!
More likely you can use Tuya or Home to share a matter device
Also, I am using SLZB-Ultima3 as a Thread Border Router
You didn't mention is your device matter-over-WiFi or Matter-over-Thread

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 12 June 2026 23:38
by waltervl
fleinze wrote: Sunday 19 April 2026 16:30
BartSr wrote: Sunday 19 April 2026 12:23 Which tx/rx device (what is name? Coördinator?) is advised for matter?
For the matter plugin to work you need a running matter-js-server (setup with docker: https://github.com/matter-js/matterjs-s ... /docker.md)
Matter alone can run on your local network, e.g. with Tasmota32-nodes.

If you want to use the wireless standard thread, that is needed for e.g. the new Ikea devices, you need a Thread-border-router.
There are many thread border routers available.
The commercial ones:
  • Apple TV
  • Apple Homepod
  • Google Nest Hub
  • Amazon Echo dot
  • Ikea dirigera (newest version)

just to name a few
Then there the open source ones:
  • Home Assistant ZBT-2
  • Openthread border router (ESP)
I use the Openthread ESP router https://openthread.io/guides/border-rou ... ssif-esp32 myself, which I ordered from Aliexpress. But this has no housing and needs you to compile the firmware yourself.
If you have a thread router like OTBR, how do you connect it to matter.js? With a QR pairing protocol?

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 19 June 2026 11:56
by FunFair
FunFair wrote: Friday 12 June 2026 17:21 I just got my ZBT-2 stick and flashed the Matter/Thread firmware through HomeAssistant. The device is found correctly, but I want to use it in Domoticz, not HA.

So I've installed the matterjs-server, configured the plugin and that works fine, but what should I do now?
ChatGPT tells me to install the Open Thread Border Router, is this the way? The docker container of OTBR refuses to start correctly and won't host it's web interface. So I am wondering if I am on the right track or not.

Anyone with experience?
-edit: this is a native installation on a proxmox Debian VM. I did not use the docker image-

after a few days I finally got it working! Here is my AI created summary. Hope this helps when setting up the same.
I had to use a seperate USB BT dongle, the onboard Intel BT didn't pick up BLE (maybe due to VM)

Running Matter Server + OTBR + Domoticz on Debian 13 (Native Setup)

After extensive testing, this setup is stable for IKEA Matter-over-Thread devices.

---

Hardware

- Proxmox VE (host)
- Debian 13 (Trixie) VM
- Nabu Casa ZBT-2 (Thread RCP)
- TP-Link UB500 (Bluetooth 5.0 / RTL8761BU)

Note:
Intel Bluetooth adapters may work for BLE scanning but can fail during Matter commissioning.

---

1. Find correct network interface (IMPORTANT)

Code: Select all

ip -br link
Example:

Code: Select all

ens18   UP
lo      UNKNOWN
Check default route:

Code: Select all

ip route | grep default
Example:

Code: Select all

default via 192.168.0.1 dev ens18
→ Use: ens18 as LAN interface

---

2. Install OTBR (native Debian install)

Install dependencies:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y git build-essential cmake ninja-build \
libdbus-1-dev libavahi-client-dev avahi-daemon \
libssl-dev libglib2.0-dev dbus
---

Build & install OTBR

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/openthread/ot-br-posix.git
cd ot-br-posix

./script/bootstrap

INFRA_IF_NAME=ens18 \
TUN_IF_NAME=wpan0 \
BACKBONE_IF_NAME=ens18 \
./script/setup
---

3. Configure RCP (ZBT-2)

Edit:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/default/otbr-agent
Set:

Code: Select all

OTBR_AGENT_OPTS="-I wpan0 -B ens18 spinel+hdlc+uart:///dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_ZBT-2_XXXX-if00 trel://ens18"
OTBR_NO_AUTO_ATTACH=0
Restart:

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl restart otbr-agent
---

4. Verify OTBR

Code: Select all

ot-ctl state
Expected:

Code: Select all

leader
---

5. Thread Dataset (CRITICAL STEP)

Step 1 - Retrieve dataset from OTBR:

Code: Select all

ot-ctl dataset active -x
Example output:

Code: Select all

0e08000000000001000000030000...
Step 2 - Copy this value (full line)

---

Step 3 - Enter dataset into Matter Server

Open web UI:

Code: Select all

http://<server-ip>:5580
Go to:
Settings → Network Credentials → Thread network set

Paste the dataset string from OTBR.

This step is REQUIRED for Matter-over-Thread commissioning.

---

6. Install Matter Server

Install Node.js 24:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y curl ca-certificates gnupg
curl -fsSL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_24.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt install -y nodejs
Verify:

Code: Select all

node -v
npm -v
---

Install Matter Server

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir -p /opt/matter-server
sudo chown -R $USER:$USER /opt/matter-server
cd /opt/matter-server
npm install matter-server
---

Systemd service

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/matter-server.service

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=Matter Server
After=network-online.target bluetooth.service
Requires=bluetooth.service

[Service]
Type=simple
WorkingDirectory=/opt/matter-server/node_modules/matter-server
ExecStart=/usr/bin/npm run server -- --bluetooth-adapter 0
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Enable:

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl enable matter-server
sudo systemctl start matter-server
---

7. Bluetooth setup

Code: Select all

sudo apt install firmware-realtek
hciconfig -a
Expected:
- Realtek RTL8761BU

---

8. Verify BLE reception

Code: Select all

btmon
Expected:
- Matter Service Data (0xFFF6)
- Device visible in pairing mode

---

9. Matter Server logs

Code: Select all

journalctl -fu matter-server
Expected:
- BLE scanning starts
- Device discovery
- Commissioning begins

---

10. Domoticz integration

Enable Matter plugin:
- Server IP
- Port 5580

Commission device → auto appears

---

Troubleshooting

Bluetooth:

Code: Select all

btmon
OTBR:

Code: Select all

ot-ctl state
Expected:

Code: Select all

leader
Matter Server:

Code: Select all

journalctl -fu matter-server
---

Key finding

Intel Bluetooth adapters may fail to detect Matter commissioning advertisements, even when BLE scanning works.

TP-Link UB500 fixes this reliably.

---

Working configuration

Code: Select all

Debian           13 (Trixie)
Kernel           6.12
OTBR             Native (ot-br-posix)
Matter Server    Node.js 24
Thread Radio     Nabu Casa ZBT-2
Bluetooth        TP-Link UB500
Controller       Domoticz Matter Plugin

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Sunday 21 June 2026 7:36
by gizmocuz
You could also follow the wiki

https://wiki.domoticz.com/Matter

If we miss something here, please let us know and we could add it

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Sunday 21 June 2026 23:47
by waltervl
What seems to be missing is the part to connect the thread router (eg OTBR) to matter.js server. Does it needs some extra steps or does it connect to matterjs automatically? Is it described somewhere else (I could not find it).

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Monday 22 June 2026 17:37
by Thorgal789
gizmocuz wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 7:36 If we miss something here, please let us know and we could add it
The procedure without dockers ?

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Monday 22 June 2026 21:40
by waltervl
Thorgal789 wrote: Monday 22 June 2026 17:37
gizmocuz wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 7:36 If we miss something here, please let us know and we could add it
The procedure without dockers ?
Follow the install instructions of matter.js? The link to matter.js is in the wiki.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Tuesday 23 June 2026 6:21
by gizmocuz
Why would you install this without docker compose? (Or anything for that matter)
You are polluting your system, need dependencies, and with docker compose all is setup in less than a minute.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Tuesday 23 June 2026 18:36
by Thorgal789
waltervl wrote: Monday 22 June 2026 21:40 Follow the install instructions of matter.js? The link to matter.js is in the wiki.
Yeah, exactly, it's for that I m saying that.
The first time I have read the Domoticz wiki I thought I had to use Docker, it's right, can follow the official github to install it, but as you have reproduced the method with docker, can be usefull to show other way too.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Tuesday 23 June 2026 18:51
by waltervl
I dont use matter (yet)....
Looking at the post of FunFair he did a non docker matter.js install.
I dont know if that install is valid for all systems.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Tuesday 23 June 2026 19:01
by Thorgal789
I will make some tries later, I don't use it yet too, I have so much zigbee stuff.
But it seem the code is just a server in Script running in a NodeJs environnement, so if you have nodeJS I think it's enought.

I think my problem will be memory, I have a small machine for Domoticz, and I m sure this server is not as optimized as Domoticz, from returns on forum, every new version eat realy more memory than previous.

It seem some part are even working on windows (matter-js)
On Windows, in order to successfully build all the packages (tested on Windows 11 Pro) make sure to have installed Node.js 20+, the windows-build-tools and node-gyp version 10. On Non-Windows platforms and having Python 3.12+ installed, please also make sure to use npm 10.2.3+.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Wednesday 24 June 2026 20:35
by Tuinfluiter
waltervl wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 23:47 What seems to be missing is the part to connect the thread router (eg OTBR) to matter.js server. Does it needs some extra steps or does it connect to matterjs automatically? Is it described somewhere else (I could not find it).
Good question. I have a Tado X thermostat with a Tado Bridge X, which is, as far as I know, a Thread Border Router. Would it be possible, as things are now, to connect the thermostat through this bridge, or - like waltervl is suggesting - is there still something missing?
I installed a test system on a clean Pi 3B+ with Trixie and domoticz 2026.2 final via docker, added matter-js using gismocuz's docker-compose.yml. I can access the Matter server in the webbrowser. I can enable matter in Domoticz in the hardware settings, even fill in credentials for my wifi network, and there is ends. Don't know what to do next.

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 26 June 2026 15:19
by Tuinfluiter
Forgot to mention: the Tado Bridge X is a wifi to matter/thread bridge. So not a USB connected device.
This is all the logging that I could find:

Code: Select all

2026-06-24 18:08:38.412  Status: MatterJS: Connected to matter server at 192.168.1.126:5580
2026-06-24 18:08:38.415  Status: MatterJS: server schema 11, SDK matter-server/1.1.1 (matter.js/0.17.3)

2026-06-24 19:06:33.118  Error: MatterJS: Server error: Commission failed: discovery of node with discriminator 4 failed: No commissionable device was discovered
2026-06-24 19:09:13.462  Error: MatterJS: Server error: Commission failed: discovery of node with discriminator 4 failed: No commissionable device was discovered
Is it supposed to be able to work at all, or not?
Is there something more that I can investigate?

Re: Matter integration

Posted: Friday 26 June 2026 16:04
by heggink
I connected my tado-x by pairing it to my appletv and then connecting it to the docker python matter server. That works without any issues