Page 2 of 2

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Saturday 27 June 2026 20:15
by mvveelen
Fixed with the workaround in the Readme :D , Thanks!

One question: when I open the dashboard of the plugin, I always switch to "Installed" to show the installed plugins. Can this setting be saved?

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Saturday 27 June 2026 21:02
by domovincent
Good idea. Opened feature request issue for it:
https://github.com/adrighem/PyPluginStore/issues/50

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Sunday 28 June 2026 16:38
by domovincent
Crazy weekend, with new releases:

Features

- Released 2.11.0, 2.11.1, and 2.12.0.
- Added detection for pre-existing and weirdly named plugin installs.
- Added remembered state for the “installed” UI filter switch.
- Added inferred plugin platform metadata (windows/linux).
- Added support for hidden API bridge devices.
- New Python Plugins added!

Fixes

- Improved installed-plugin detection.
- Fixed Marstek Modbus plugin detection.
- Added support for older Domoticz installs without the notification API.
- Cached startup update status.
- Improved restart permission diagnostics.
- Install custom UI icon under Domoticz images (docker compatibility).

Other notable work

- Updated README installation and configuration checks.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Sunday 28 June 2026 16:43
by eddieb
tnx for your effort Vincent.
running this now on multiple instances and testing 👍🏻

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Sunday 28 June 2026 16:49
by mvveelen
Updated and everything I brought up has been added/fixed. Thanks!

I saw the Marstek plugin in your list, but currently I'm using the Haaibaai plugin for the Marstek CT003 (Marstek CT Meter plugin voor Domoticz -> https://github.com/Haaibaai/Domoticz-Marstek) and that one doesn't show up unfortunately. Maybe that one can be fixed also?

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Wednesday 01 July 2026 20:02
by madpatrick
Vincent

I want to express my appreciation for the great plugin.
Looks great and was the missing piece in Domoticz and makes it all complete

Thanks for this

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Thursday 02 July 2026 19:29
by domovincent
Thanks for your kind words.
Glad to see that the plugin is appreciated.

Support for other hosters has been added now: Codeberg and Gitlab will be scanned from now on.
And even though it is a git based updater, versions are now visible, pulled from the plugin metadata.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Monday 06 July 2026 20:09
by pfloryann
Hi, in utility tab at Plugins Domoticz - Api Payload the widget is very long in the default domoticz theme.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Monday 06 July 2026 20:17
by mvveelen
pfloryann wrote: Monday 06 July 2026 20:09 Hi, in utility tab at Plugins Domoticz - Api Payload the widget is very long in the default domoticz theme.
Just hide the device, why should you have it in the overview?

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Wednesday 08 July 2026 11:15
by mvveelen
Continuous improvements I see, great!

I saw that one plugin wan't installed the way it should an reinstalled it with this plugin: solved :-D

One tiny request, can the "bubbels" be outlined on the next line, below the title and adjacend to each other? Nothing much, just the way I'd like it even more.

domo_plugin.png
domo_plugin.png (36.06 KiB) Viewed 1800 times

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Wednesday 08 July 2026 23:01
by domovincent
@mvveelen I refactored the badges (yes, that's what they are called) a bit. Kept the "installed badge in the top right hand corner, and put the rest on two distinct lines. One for the platform support, and one for the various warnings. Looks like this now:
Screenshot From 2026-07-08 22-43-22.png
Screenshot From 2026-07-08 22-43-22.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Also implemented full domoticz themeing support with help from @madpatrick. Themeing support is REALLY hard with all the different ways to do things. But I think we created something nice.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Thursday 09 July 2026 10:25
by pfloryann
mvveelen wrote: Monday 06 July 2026 20:17
pfloryann wrote: Monday 06 July 2026 20:09 Hi, in utility tab at Plugins Domoticz - Api Payload the widget is very long in the default domoticz theme.
Just hide the device, why should you have it in the overview?
Before the last update, if I hid that sensor text, the plugin store stopped working. Now everything seems fine. Thanks!

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Thursday 09 July 2026 10:50
by domovincent
pfloryann wrote: Thursday 09 July 2026 10:25 ...
Before the last update, if I hid that sensor text, the plugin store stopped working. Now everything seems fine. Thanks!
Yes, that was a feature request, added in 2.12.0. :-D
Glad you like the Plugin Store.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Monday 10 August 2026 12:56
by pfloryann
If the plugin is installed directly from other sources (github or manually) the update button appears in the plugin store even if the plugin is the same version. Maybe there should be a version check.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Thursday 20 August 2026 9:25
by domovincent
Hiding or disabling the update button when semantic versions match (e.g., v2.4.3) risks locking users out of critical bug fixes or refactors pushed to the git branch without plugin.py version updates in Git-managed plugins.

We did clarify:
The status label now reads "Git · new commits available" (instead of "Git · update available") when remote commits exist but the semantic version is identical.
The Update button remains active to allow users to pull fixes.
The hover tooltip clarifies: "Update to latest commits".

I hope this helps.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Tuesday 15 September 2026 22:20
by goblin
Hi everyone,

I reinstalled Domoticz on an RPI4 latest version of 2026-3 due to some SD card issues.
So I thought: let's start with one of my favorites, the "PyPluginStore", before adding other stuff.
It looks like everything is installed (I've seen PyPluginStore API Payload and API Trigger), but I can't find the custom TAB

Thanks

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Tuesday 29 September 2026 8:35
by pfloryann
A new feature could be the option to publish a new plugin to the Python Store library directly from the Python Store interface.
Currently, there is a way to add plugins locally, and this could be extended to allow publishing a plugin for everyone.
I believe this would be useful because it would make it easier for other users to discover new plugins.
Maybe a small badge could be displayed for new plugins, or there could be an option to filter by new plugins.

Re: Python Plugin Store

Posted: Tuesday 29 September 2026 10:53
by RNEE
Nice plugin, just found it. Great work.

As a Domoticz user since or before 2016 i don't follow development of new plugins.

Some thoughts :
- Maybe it is useful to organize plugins (like in the Wiki) and point to important general use plugins like this one?
- Add tags to plugins, so there are some search options.