Page 2 of 2

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Monday 21 September 2026 18:04
by homeJLB
manjh wrote: Monday 21 September 2026 17:18 I've found an Orcon RF15 remote control unit, and would like to interface that to Domoticz. Purpose is to switch my existing ventilation unit with it.
So all I need is a way to receive the signals sent by the remote control unit, and hand them to domoticz somehow. Node Red/MQTT sounds fine.

Would this be possible?
Yes, when you have a RFXcom868 connected and correctly configured in domoticz.
Then when you press the RF15 the switch is detected and then you can make a automation based on the status off that switch.

kind Regards

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Monday 21 September 2026 18:19
by manjh
I use an RFLink with 433 support to handle my KlikAanKlikUit modules. But this version of RFLink does not support 868.3.

So I am looking for a relatively cheap way to receive the signals from the remote control unit...

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Monday 21 September 2026 18:28
by manjh
manjh wrote: Monday 21 September 2026 17:18 I've found an Orcon RF15 remote control unit, and would like to interface that to Domoticz. Purpose is to switch my existing ventilation unit with it.
So all I need is a way to receive the signals sent by the remote control unit, and hand them to domoticz somehow. Node Red/MQTT sounds fine.

Would this be possible?
Just to clarify: I only have the RF15 remote controller, the one with the six buttons. I donot own or plan to purchase any other Orcon devices.
The one and only thing I would like to establish, is to receive the signals from the remote controller and feed them into Domoticz.
Preferably for a small amount of €€€... 8-)

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Monday 21 September 2026 19:08
by homeJLB
Yes thats what I suggest, Only for the moment there are only 4 buttons working.

and in the actions you can make a command to execute

Kind Regards

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Monday 21 September 2026 21:43
by manjh
homeJLB wrote: Monday 21 September 2026 19:08 Yes thats what I suggest, Only for the moment there are only 4 buttons working.

and in the actions you can make a command to execute

Kind Regards
OK, but you mention "when you have RFXcom"in one of your previous posts... I don't have one, only an RFLink, and not supporting this frequency!
So I am looking for a cheap bit of hardware to support 868!

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Tuesday 22 September 2026 13:43
by homeJLB
You must have a compatible hardware on 868,
That is correct.

Re: Request Orcon functionality in Domoticz

Posted: Thursday 24 September 2026 19:10
by manjh
Hmmm... there's no way that I will be spending €108,75 only to be able to play a bit with one single remote control...
And even then, RFLink is a lot cheaper and should support 868,3. Only at this moment the Aurel transceiver is not in stock, because it is only available in large numbers.

I am hoping for a cheap solution, like the CC1101 on top of an ESP module. Will keep investigating.