MyToyota Dashboard
Moderator: leecollings
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Comments, anyone? Is this another cat/mouse game with the Toyota interface? Or is there a problem in the Toyota servers...
I can see the dashboard app does not retrieve fresh data. But I also see that the MyToyota app does not work in some area's: my percentage gas remains zero (while the battary level is correct at 100%). Also, the place where I used to get a map with the location of the car, remains a grey box.
Any suggestions? Should we just wait and see what Toyota does?
I can see the dashboard app does not retrieve fresh data. But I also see that the MyToyota app does not work in some area's: my percentage gas remains zero (while the battary level is correct at 100%). Also, the place where I used to get a map with the location of the car, remains a grey box.
Any suggestions? Should we just wait and see what Toyota does?
Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I don't have any issues on my end. And I haven't seen anything on pytoyoda either. If more people run into issues we might be able to understand the root cause better.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
The app doesn't get new data, such as as a changing odometer.
Is there any debug info I can find?
Is there any debug info I can find?
Last edited by manjh on Tuesday 30 June 2026 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I get the same problem now. There is also an issue about this on pytoyoda. I don't have time this week, but maybe the guys from pytoyoda will patch it before next week.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Ah, good. So it isn't just me...
To resolve the myToyota issues,I was advised by the Toyota helpdesk to remove and then re-add the vehicle.
Did not help.
Then I decided to go deep and removed the vehicle from the list, then removed the app from my phone. Started fresh with a new app and added the car. This solved part of the problems: the percentage gas indicator is now OK again. But the map with car location is still a grey rectangle...
I reported this back to the helpdesk. Waiting for an answer.
To resolve the myToyota issues,I was advised by the Toyota helpdesk to remove and then re-add the vehicle.
Did not help.
Then I decided to go deep and removed the vehicle from the list, then removed the app from my phone. Started fresh with a new app and added the car. This solved part of the problems: the percentage gas indicator is now OK again. But the map with car location is still a grey rectangle...
I reported this back to the helpdesk. Waiting for an answer.
Hans
-
wim57
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Monday 25 September 2017 12:58
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Toyota changed the API, see https://github.com/pytoyoda/pytoyoda/pull/268
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Yeah, monitoring this as well. When the pr is through, a rebuild should fix it unless something changes in the pytoyoda interface.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Any news on this topic?
I don't want to be pushy, appreciate your support. Just curious.
I don't want to be pushy, appreciate your support. Just curious.
Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
The PR is still open. I hope it gets in this week. I don't want to implement my own workaround at the moment.
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
you can use this branch to get it working. rebuild the docker and it should work until the PRs are merged. dont forget to back to main. i will not merge this.
https://github.com/stone17/mytoyota-das ... /pr_bypass
Alternatively you can just update the Dockerfile to this:
https://github.com/stone17/mytoyota-das ... /pr_bypass
Alternatively you can just update the Dockerfile to this:
Code: Select all
FROM python:3.11-slim
WORKDIR /app
COPY requirements.txt .
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt
# Install git, fetch PRs, apply logic, install pytoyoda, and clean up in a single layer
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y git && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* && \
git clone https://github.com/pytoyoda/pytoyoda.git /tmp/pytoyoda && \
cd /tmp/pytoyoda && \
git fetch origin main pull/268/head:pr268 pull/269/head:pr269 pull/270/head:pr270 pull/271/head:pr271 && \
if git merge-base --is-ancestor pr268 origin/main && \
git merge-base --is-ancestor pr269 origin/main && \
git merge-base --is-ancestor pr270 origin/main && \
git merge-base --is-ancestor pr271 origin/main; then \
echo "All PRs merged. Installing from upstream main." && \
git checkout origin/main; \
else \
echo "PRs not merged. Applying patches." && \
git config user.email "[email protected]" && \
git config user.name "Docker Build" && \
git checkout -b custom-main origin/main && \
git merge --no-edit pr268 pr269 pr270 pr271; \
fi && \
pip install --no-cache-dir --force-reinstall . && \
cd /app && \
rm -rf /tmp/pytoyoda && \
apt-get purge -y --auto-remove git
COPY . .
CMD ["uvicorn", "app.main:app", "--host", "0.0.0.0", "--port", "8000"]-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I don't want to take any risks, it feels safer to wait until you've created the new version...

Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
It works fine, I have applied it on my docker
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
OK, being a Docker-newbe, I took the chance and replaced the current Dockerfile with the statements you provided. Rebuilt and restarted, and now the data is OK on the dashboard!
Thanks for the support!
Thanks for the support!
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
It has been working fine now for several days. Will you let us know when the fix is implemented in the regular build?
Meanwhile, I think Toyota is having problems with it's own app. I had problems seeing the data from the car, and that was fixed by fully removing the app and installing again.
But I still have a grey rectangle where the map with car location used to be. Also, in the "hybrid coaching" area, when I click on "details", the app fully freezes and can only be terminated by Android. Toyota is aware of the problems and is working on it... I just hope that the qualuty of the software in the car is better than the app!
Meanwhile, I think Toyota is having problems with it's own app. I had problems seeing the data from the car, and that was fixed by fully removing the app and installing again.
But I still have a grey rectangle where the map with car location used to be. Also, in the "hybrid coaching" area, when I click on "details", the app fully freezes and can only be terminated by Android. Toyota is aware of the problems and is working on it... I just hope that the qualuty of the software in the car is better than the app!
Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime I did some naming changes to avoid trademark issues. Next, I will add dumping of raw data to be better equipped to look at issues like you are having know. I'm testing the implementation right now
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I pushed the raw data logging feature to main. You can now enable dumping of raw server response on the logging page. You can check in the v1_location file if the server is returning a location for your car and also what subscriptions you have enabled in the v2_vehicle_guid file.
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
I had my Toyota in for service yesterday and now my location is gone as well
.
The app says the car is moving, hence no location, even though it's been standing all night.
The app says the car is moving, hence no location, even though it's been standing all night.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Toyota builds fantastic cars, but the app is not that great...
My guess is that the support team will advise you to remove and then add the car...
My guess is that the support team will advise you to remove and then add the car...
Hans
-
mxpwr
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sunday 19 July 2015 10:04
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: MyToyota Dashboard
Its working again, but I didn't do anything. For the app what I can do is to infer the current location of the car from the last trip. This will not help if your car gets towed, but should otherwise give the same result.