Help with ZWave Topic is solved
Moderator: leecollings
-
obrienlabs
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thursday 07 July 2016 18:34
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Help with ZWave
I've followed the wiki and the install.txt and the install.md. I'm missing something.
I can't get OpenZwave to show up in the hardware drop down list.
I have /root/domoticz, and /root/domoticz/open-zwave. I've done the makes in both folders, and started the program and nothing shows up.
Where does the zwave files need to be in order for it to be recognized?
Thanks
I can't get OpenZwave to show up in the hardware drop down list.
I have /root/domoticz, and /root/domoticz/open-zwave. I've done the makes in both folders, and started the program and nothing shows up.
Where does the zwave files need to be in order for it to be recognized?
Thanks
-
jannl
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
- Location: Geleen
- Contact:
Re: Help with ZWave
Isn't openzwave compiled in by default? Or do you build you Domoticz completely from source?
-
trixwood
Re: Help with ZWave
Code: Select all
pluto.local:~ Trixwood$ls
domoticz open-zwave-read-only
open-zwave-
obrienlabs
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thursday 07 July 2016 18:34
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Help with ZWave
I compiled from source.
I also tried to have it in /root, but that didn't work either.
I also tried to have it in /root, but that didn't work either.
-
trixwood
Re: Help with ZWave
I know it's not linux, but almost the same:
https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Mac_OS_X# ... rom_Source
and I do not see it in the linux guide but check out, after you compile in the domoticz folder run:
it will make a clean install in
including all openzwave config files. (if openzwave is in the right location, same folder as domoticz, not "inside" the domoticz folder)
https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Mac_OS_X# ... rom_Source
and I do not see it in the linux guide but check out, after you compile in the domoticz folder run:
Code: Select all
sudo make install
Code: Select all
/opt/domoticz
Last edited by trixwood on Thursday 07 July 2016 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
-
obrienlabs
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thursday 07 July 2016 18:34
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Help with ZWave
Ok let me try it
-
trixwood
Re: Help with ZWave
Also check out your cmake output to make sure openzwave is used. There should be a line there:
also note that i had problems with cmake cache files, still do not know which folders/files to clean:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11766&p=90115&hilit ... ing#p90088
so use a fresh source from git to make sure cmake does not use invalid old configuration.
Code: Select all
-- Found LIBUSB: /usr/local/lib/libusb.dylib
-- LIBUSB found at: /usr/local/lib/libusb.dylib
-- /Users/Tristan/Smarthome/compile/open-zwave-read-only/libopenzwave.a <<---- THIS ONE
-- ==== WiringPi include file (wiringPi.h) not found. GPIO support disabled.
-- ==== (Please follow http://wiringpi.com/download-and-install/ if you want to use GPIO.)
-- Not found telldus-core (telldus-core.h), not adding tellstick support
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11766&p=90115&hilit ... ing#p90088
so use a fresh source from git to make sure cmake does not use invalid old configuration.
-
obrienlabs
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thursday 07 July 2016 18:34
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Help with ZWave
I ended up doing this for it to work. Clone the open-zwave git to /root, then follow the make and symlink instructions.
root@ubuntu:~# ls
domoticz open-zwave open-zwave-read-only
Then, cd to domoticz and issue a custom cmake command
root@ubuntu:~/domoticz# cmake -USE_STATIC_OPENZWAVE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release CMakeLists.txt
then make
and now i have open-zwave USB available to me
3rd time's a charm
root@ubuntu:~# ls
domoticz open-zwave open-zwave-read-only
Then, cd to domoticz and issue a custom cmake command
root@ubuntu:~/domoticz# cmake -USE_STATIC_OPENZWAVE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release CMakeLists.txt
then make
and now i have open-zwave USB available to me
3rd time's a charm