automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Others (MiLight, Hue, Toon etc...)

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
User avatar
remb0
Posts: 499
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 22:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by remb0 »

I would buy a garagedoor with a motorised system to open/close.
But I like to also see it in domoticz. At the sites of the doors I can't see protocols/frequenties.

does somebody have experiences or a dutch seller adress that have a system that is compatible?
User avatar
gizmocuz
Posts: 3026
Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Top of the world
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by gizmocuz »

Would this work with a system used for blinds?
Quality outlives Quantity!
pepijn
Posts: 251
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 13:19
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by pepijn »

Most doors can be operated using a KAKU ASUN650.
User avatar
elythomaslumber
Posts: 56
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 13:29
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2023.1
Location: Solingen; Germany
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by elythomaslumber »

I'm using a very old Bosch system and have removed the 27MHz receiver 2 years ago since the transmitter was as big as a cigarette package :o
Most, maybe all garage door opener have an additional external potential free "input" for a separate switch. So I used a 433MHz remote switch from Intertechno whis an integrated timer (2sek).

Works great with a http://www.intertechno.at/produkte/empf ... -1000.html and those transmitters http://www.intertechno.at/produkte/send ... K-200.html or this http://www.intertechno.at/produkte/send ... TKL-2.html.

Finally 've installed additionally a second Raspy with Domoticz as a slave via power LAn connector. Via a relay connected on one GPIO pin via a simple transistor switch I can control the door opener now also from remote using also the external input.
Normally you need only a push button function for openening ans closing. So first push is "open", second push is "close",...


Regrads

Hardy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8XPDmQ79eLc/U ... ircuit.png
gbCambridge
Posts: 13
Joined: Monday 16 September 2013 18:02
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by gbCambridge »

Hi,
Not quite... there is a safety feature.
First push is open. If you push again and the door is still moving then it stops. If you now push again it will go back to closing. I assume this logic is outside of your control so it should still work, but it does need checking from the safety point of view

George
User avatar
elythomaslumber
Posts: 56
Joined: Friday 12 July 2013 13:29
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2023.1
Location: Solingen; Germany
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by elythomaslumber »

You are right,...but I've pre-installed two connectors to my GPIO pins. Both are set to "IN" using wiringPi.
Next is to install 2 sensors (contacts) showing me the postion "Full yopen", "Fully closed" or "Partly Open".
Currently I try to show the position using the dimmer symbol but couldn't get it working until today. I'm trying to use the slider of the dimmer symbol...
If I couldn't get it to work I will use 2 separate "contact" symbols.

Currently I have not installed the contacts due to bad weather conditions :oops:

Regards

Hardy
garage.jpg
garage.jpg (36.61 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
RonCohen
Posts: 1
Joined: Wednesday 25 November 2015 12:25
Target OS: OS X
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: automatic garagedoor opener/closer

Post by RonCohen »

Hi. You can use an automation to remotely monitor whether your garage door is open or closed and to remotely operate the garage door opener.
Post Reply