HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Moderator: leecollings
-
szelessavmuhely
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Monday 29 September 2025 6:34
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Hi,
I’ve created an extended version of the HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 plugin for Domoticz and I’m looking for testers.
The goal of this plugin is to provide a more detailed and stable integration compared to the currently available version.
Main differences:
More detailed data (per phase voltage, current, power)
Better handling of import/export and tariffs
More consistent device structure in Domoticz
Multi-language support (all Domoticz languages)
Improved stability
GitHub:
https://github.com/szelessavalapitvany/ ... n-Extended
What I’m looking for:
General testing (installation, stability)
Feedback on device structure and values
Bug reports / edge cases
Suggestions for improvements
If you already use a HomeWizard P1 meter with Domoticz, your feedback would be especially valuable.
Thanks in advance!
I’ve created an extended version of the HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 plugin for Domoticz and I’m looking for testers.
The goal of this plugin is to provide a more detailed and stable integration compared to the currently available version.
Main differences:
More detailed data (per phase voltage, current, power)
Better handling of import/export and tariffs
More consistent device structure in Domoticz
Multi-language support (all Domoticz languages)
Improved stability
GitHub:
https://github.com/szelessavalapitvany/ ... n-Extended
What I’m looking for:
General testing (installation, stability)
Feedback on device structure and values
Bug reports / edge cases
Suggestions for improvements
If you already use a HomeWizard P1 meter with Domoticz, your feedback would be especially valuable.
Thanks in advance!
-
willemd
- Posts: 791
- Joined: Saturday 21 September 2019 17:55
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: The Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
I have all that already with http poller plugin.szelessavmuhely wrote: Tuesday 31 March 2026 5:39
If you already use a HomeWizard P1 meter with Domoticz, your feedback would be especially valuable.
Thanks in advance!
-
szelessavmuhely
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Monday 29 September 2025 6:34
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Yes, this plugin focuses on providing a simple, ready-to-use solution with automatic setup.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
I am using the original plugin, and found that the current usage value is a factor 10 too high, both the separate phase values, and also the Total.
Does this new plugin fix that?
Does this new plugin fix that?
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
I'm thinking to join your test program, but am unsure if I can install alongside with the current plugin.
Please advise.
Please advise.
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Any thoughts?
If you want/need a tester community, it is important to be responsive!
If you want/need a tester community, it is important to be responsive!
Hans
- waltervl
- Posts: 7011
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Perhaps create an issue on his GitHub https://github.com/szelessavalapitvany/ ... ded/issues
It could be the forum.notifications are not sent or received.
It could be the forum.notifications are not sent or received.
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Done, but no response sofar...waltervl wrote: Thursday 23 April 2026 22:13 Perhaps create an issue on his GitHub https://github.com/szelessavalapitvany/ ... ded/issues
It could be the forum.notifications are not sent or received.
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
OK, even though it remains very silent on your side, I decided to go ahead and install.
Dit it according to the instructions (manual install), restarted Domoticz. But I cannot see a new entry in the list of hardware devices.
Please help.
Dit it according to the instructions (manual install), restarted Domoticz. But I cannot see a new entry in the list of hardware devices.
Please help.
Hans
-
szelessavmuhely
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Monday 29 September 2025 6:34
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Sorry for the late reply. Notifications were enabled for this topic, but for some reason I didn't receive any notification about your post.
If the issue is still relevant, could you please check the Domoticz log immediately after restarting Domoticz and post any errors related to the plugin?
It would also be helpful to know:
* What device/platform are you running Domoticz on?
* Which Domoticz version are you using?
There is a 99% chance that the problem is related either to JSON API compatibility or to loading the `from distutils.version import LooseVersion` module.
The plugin was modified a few days ago to improve compatibility with Domoticz 2023.2 and newer versions.
If you post the startup log here, we should be able to identify the exact problem.
If the issue is still relevant, could you please check the Domoticz log immediately after restarting Domoticz and post any errors related to the plugin?
It would also be helpful to know:
* What device/platform are you running Domoticz on?
* Which Domoticz version are you using?
There is a 99% chance that the problem is related either to JSON API compatibility or to loading the `from distutils.version import LooseVersion` module.
The plugin was modified a few days ago to improve compatibility with Domoticz 2023.2 and newer versions.
If you post the startup log here, we should be able to identify the exact problem.
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
I must have done something wrong, but don't see what.
Installed the plugin according to the instructions, and restarted Domoticz.
But then, on the hardware page, I can see two entries for the HomeWizard plugin, and neither shows the word "Extended".
I can see the HomeWIzard Wifi P1 meter, and the HomeWizard Electric P1 meter.
Am I missing something?
Installed the plugin according to the instructions, and restarted Domoticz.
But then, on the hardware page, I can see two entries for the HomeWizard plugin, and neither shows the word "Extended".
I can see the HomeWIzard Wifi P1 meter, and the HomeWizard Electric P1 meter.
Am I missing something?
Hans
-
pfloryann
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Wednesday 09 January 2019 10:14
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: BlooeSky
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
It is very likely that the plugin is installed twice. Access the `domoticz/plugins` directory via FTP and check, or use the console—run the command `cd domoticz/plugins/` followed by `dir`—and verify if the plugin folder appears twice.manjh wrote: Wednesday 30 September 2026 14:38 I must have done something wrong, but don't see what.
Installed the plugin according to the instructions, and restarted Domoticz.
But then, on the hardware page, I can see two entries for the HomeWizard plugin, and neither shows the word "Extended".
I can see the HomeWIzard Wifi P1 meter, and the HomeWizard Electric P1 meter.
Am I missing something?
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 4 Debian 13 x64
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
Twice... I think I misinformed you.
When I click the dropdown and look for HomeWizard, I can see two choices:
Which of the two is your plugin?
When I installed the plugin, I first removed the old installation.
This is what I see now in the plugin directory:
When I click the dropdown and look for HomeWizard, I can see two choices:
Code: Select all
HomeWizard Electric P1 meter
HomeWizard Wifi P1 meter
Which of the two is your plugin?
When I installed the plugin, I first removed the old installation.
This is what I see now in the plugin directory:
Code: Select all
HomeWizard-Wifi-p1-plugin
HomeWizard-Wifi-p1-plugin-Extended
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
OK, got it. For some reason I expected a different name.
I've used the Electric version, but now see errors:
Should I worry, or will this fix over time after the first startup?
Also, will I be able to run both P1 plugins at the same time? Some of my scripts still work with the old devices, and I donot want to change anything for now.
I've used the Electric version, but now see errors:
Code: Select all
2026-10-01 17:04:24.592 Status: HW P1E: Entering work loop.
2026-10-01 17:04:24.592 Status: HW P1E: Started.
2026-10-01 17:04:24.816 Status: HW P1E: Initialized version 1.0.0, author 'szelessavmuhely.hu'
2026-10-01 17:04:25.191 Status: Warning: Expecting svalue with at least 5 elements separated by semicolon, 1 elements received ("0"), notification not sent (Hardware: 31 - HW P1E, ID: 001F002F, Unit: 47, Type: FA - P1 Smart Meter, SubType: 1 - Energy)
2026-10-01 17:05:24.111 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:05:24.115 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:05:24.125 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:05:24.133 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:05:24.134 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:05:24.139 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
Also, will I be able to run both P1 plugins at the same time? Some of my scripts still work with the old devices, and I donot want to change anything for now.
Hans
-
manjh
- Posts: 906
- Joined: Saturday 27 February 2016 12:49
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2025.2
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Extended
It doesn't fix over time. When I look at the timestamp, it looks like there are three error messages at each run.
Code: Select all
2026-10-01 17:06:24.085 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:06:24.091 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:06:24.095 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:07:24.112 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:07:24.116 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:07:24.120 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:08:24.109 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:08:24.112 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:08:24.117 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:09:24.109 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:09:24.114 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
2026-10-01 17:09:24.118 Error: Invalid Number sValue: '%' for device idx: '%'
Hans