In the Dashticz manual, chapter: Graphs-Examples-Combine two temperature devices with the switch info indicating central heating is on there is a X-Y graph showing when the central heating is on.
My question is: How do you get text values from Domoticz in such a graph? And how is it translated to a scale from 0 - 100?
The config file is abreviated and does not show how it is done. Or am I missing something?
Domoticz text values in a Dashticz X-Y graph.
Moderators: leecollings, htilburgs, robgeerts
-
Lokonli
- Posts: 2296
- Joined: Monday 29 August 2016 22:40
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Domoticz text values in a Dashticz X-Y graph.
Text values are not supported at the moment. Only 'data'-devices and switches.
Selector switches are also supported.
Can you sketch how you would like to draw a graph of a text device?
Selector switches are also supported.
Can you sketch how you would like to draw a graph of a text device?
-
danko
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Saturday 01 October 2022 19:41
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Domoticz text values in a Dashticz X-Y graph.
lokonly wrote: Can you sketch how you would like to draw a graph of a text device?
Good question! I have no idea. I now understand that On-Off is not a text value, but a switch status.
Is a switch automatically 0 for off and 100 for on?
Now that I think I understand it a little more I will try to get some answers myself. Thanks for the swift reaction!
Good question! I have no idea. I now understand that On-Off is not a text value, but a switch status.
Is a switch automatically 0 for off and 100 for on?
Now that I think I understand it a little more I will try to get some answers myself. Thanks for the swift reaction!
-
danko
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Saturday 01 October 2022 19:41
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Domoticz text values in a Dashticz X-Y graph.
Lokonli wrote: Can you sketch how you would like to draw a graph of a text device?
Good question: I have no idea.
That's because I think I now understand that On-Off is not a text value but a switch status.
Apparently On is translated to 100 and Off to 0.
Thanks for your swift answer
Good question: I have no idea.
That's because I think I now understand that On-Off is not a text value but a switch status.
Apparently On is translated to 100 and Off to 0.
Thanks for your swift answer
-
danko
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Saturday 01 October 2022 19:41
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Domoticz text values in a Dashticz X-Y graph.
In the Dashticz documentation under Blocks-Graphs-Examples, in the first example we see a graph of a CV turning on and off.
My question: How is this done?
As legend I see the graphtype is l_17: 'CV On'. First: 'l' is not in the list of graphtypes in the documentation. Second: how do you get a value of 'On' to a level of 100 in the graph? In other words how is the 'data' defined? (maybe this could/should be added in the documentation) or maybe the complete block definition.
(and yes, i am addressing this problem for some time now with no success
)
My question: How is this done?
As legend I see the graphtype is l_17: 'CV On'. First: 'l' is not in the list of graphtypes in the documentation. Second: how do you get a value of 'On' to a level of 100 in the graph? In other words how is the 'data' defined? (maybe this could/should be added in the documentation) or maybe the complete block definition.
(and yes, i am addressing this problem for some time now with no success