🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Moderator: leecollings

User avatar
waltervl
Posts: 7012
Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by waltervl »

pipiche wrote: Wednesday 03 June 2026 9:33
jannl wrote: Monday 20 April 2026 13:14 I am propably missing something, but how does this work with docker? www/styles dis not exist at first and after creating it en putting nightglass in it, it does not show up as template.

I have the same question ?
see wiki https://wiki.domoticz.com/Docker#Custom_Themes
You have to create another volume mount in docker compose
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
hyeronimo
Posts: 76
Joined: Saturday 11 March 2023 8:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by hyeronimo »

Hi, I love the Nightglass theme, and especially the sparklines, great work! Is there a way I can give the sparklines a different color, so they stand out a bit more?
Henielma
Posts: 13
Joined: Friday 12 September 2025 12:14
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.2
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Henielma »

Thanks for the very nice Nightglass theme.
In my setup I have a lot of devices in a floor plan. When I select Per Device Icons at the Nightglass settings these appear as expected in the Device overview pages. But these selected icons do not appear at the Floor plan views.
Furthermore the standard Wind icon shows the read wind direction at the Device pages but this visualisation is not seen at the Floor plans.
What do I do wrong? Do I miss a setting? I already tried a lot of settings of the Nightglass but cannot get the Floor plan icons work correctly.
Filip
Posts: 135
Joined: Thursday 03 November 2016 10:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Filip »

First of all, a big thanks for this upgrade...
I am just having some headache with the light / dark mode. When change the settings "Theme mode" to "Always light", I have indeed the light interface... However once saving, at the start I just see for a short time the light theme (not yet cards shown), but switches then always to the dark mode.
When exporting the settings, I see the following lines:

Code: Select all

  "showThemeToggle": true,
  "defaultMode": "dark",
  "themeMode": "light",
While looking in the domoticz.db, I don't find any record in the user variables table starting with ngTheme_*...
And btw: yes I cleared my cache, tried to use it in a private browsing etc...
Any idea what is going wrong?
Filip
Filip
Posts: 135
Joined: Thursday 03 November 2016 10:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Filip »

Filip wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 14:28 First of all, a big thanks for this upgrade...
I am just having some headache with the light / dark mode. When change the settings "Theme mode" to "Always light", I have indeed the light interface... However once saving, at the start I just see for a short time the light theme (not yet cards shown), but switches then always to the dark mode.
When exporting the settings, I see the following lines:

Code: Select all

  "showThemeToggle": true,
  "defaultMode": "dark",
  "themeMode": "light",
While looking in the domoticz.db, I don't find any record in the user variables table starting with ngTheme_*...
And btw: yes I cleared my cache, tried to use it in a private browsing etc...
Any idea what is going wrong?
Filip
I found out some more... If I go to any tab else than Dashboard and I refresh, I have the light mode. However when I go to Dashboard, it shows in dark mode, also after a refresh. Going back to another tab gives it first in dark mode, but when refreshing it goes to light mode... Until I go back to the dashboard... then i starts over again.
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 394
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

@Filip
Strange. I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe. For me, when I adjust theme mode to always light, it is light - no matter where I click or if I refresh.

Seems to be something individually related to your system. Is it the same, when you have toggle mode and toggle to light?

Hope someone with expert knowledge (I am not) can help you.
Stop, look and listen.
jannl
Posts: 870
Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
Location: Geleen
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by jannl »

Is it possible to also make the sunrise/sunset times visible on de mobile site?

Or am I missing something.
User avatar
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 394
Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by imautohuttraeger »

jannl wrote: Monday 22 June 2026 9:11 Is it possible to also make the sunrise/sunset times visible on de mobile site?

Or am I missing something.
You are not missing something. On mobile, it is only visible in landscape orientation. In portrait orientation, it is not didplayed. Woul indeed be nice, if some space could be found for portrait as well
Attachments
Screenshot_20260622-092151.png
Screenshot_20260622-092151.png (173.02 KiB) Viewed 9710 times
Screenshot_20260622-092204.png
Screenshot_20260622-092204.png (206.25 KiB) Viewed 9710 times
Last edited by imautohuttraeger on Monday 22 June 2026 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Stop, look and listen.
jannl
Posts: 870
Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
Location: Geleen
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by jannl »

Thanks for the answer.
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

Love the theme. Found some bugs which i entered on github.

Question. i noticed that on ios mobile the icons are animated. On Safari or Chrome however they do not. Is this by design?
would love animated icons on regular browsers also

thanks

galadril wrote: Sunday 12 April 2026 17:01 This is very much a work in progress theme.
I’m experimenting with styling approaches, icon mapping, and improving the overall UX without breaking existing functionality.

More info and demo here
https://galadril.github.io/Domoticz-Nightglass-Theme/

👉 Issues / feature requests:
Please register them here
https://github.com/galadril/Domoticz-Ni ... eme/issues

🔗 Feedback & Ideas
I’d love to get feedback, ideas, or suggestions from you all!
Last edited by Gravityz on Monday 22 June 2026 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

or add the path manually if you are using a manual created docker container like i did(on synology)
Scherm­afbeelding 2026-06-22 om 13.50.05.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2026-06-22 om 13.50.05.png (38.66 KiB) Viewed 9668 times
this way all the themes are on an external path

please note that when you add this path for the first time it maps everything inside the containerpath /opt/domoticz/www/styles(here are all you themes) to an external path which is empty.

so the procedure would be
1:you need root acces to your filesystem
2: create the path on your storage outside the container(eg. mkdir /volume1/docker/domoticz/www/styles
3:copy all the data from inside the container to the outside created path using this command
docker ps -a (to find out the containerid)
docker cp containerid:/opt/domoticz/www/styles /volume1/docker/domoticz/www/styles (all your themes are copied externally)
cd /volume1/docker/domoticz/www/styles
git clone https://github.com/galadril/Domoticz-Ni ... -Theme.git nightglass (download nightglass

after that create the mountpoint in the container so it maps to the external directory where all your thems are

restart your container and the nightglass theme should be visible.

when you upgrade your container to later version(by duplicating) everything will go automatically and any new themes will land on the external mapped directory.

worked for me (minus the typo's i probably made)






waltervl wrote: Wednesday 03 June 2026 9:56
pipiche wrote: Wednesday 03 June 2026 9:33
jannl wrote: Monday 20 April 2026 13:14 I am propably missing something, but how does this work with docker? www/styles dis not exist at first and after creating it en putting nightglass in it, it does not show up as template.

I have the same question ?
see wiki https://wiki.domoticz.com/Docker#Custom_Themes
You have to create another volume mount in docker compose
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

the no icon animation was solved.

on imac i had the reduce motion setting to on. when switched off all the icons came to life
Filip
Posts: 135
Joined: Thursday 03 November 2016 10:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Filip »

Filip wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 21:35
Filip wrote: Sunday 21 June 2026 14:28 First of all, a big thanks for this upgrade...
I am just having some headache with the light / dark mode. When change the settings "Theme mode" to "Always light", I have indeed the light interface... However once saving, at the start I just see for a short time the light theme (not yet cards shown), but switches then always to the dark mode.
When exporting the settings, I see the following lines:

Code: Select all

  "showThemeToggle": true,
  "defaultMode": "dark",
  "themeMode": "light",
While looking in the domoticz.db, I don't find any record in the user variables table starting with ngTheme_*...
And btw: yes I cleared my cache, tried to use it in a private browsing etc...
Any idea what is going wrong?
Filip
I found out some more... If I go to any tab else than Dashboard and I refresh, I have the light mode. However when I go to Dashboard, it shows in dark mode, also after a refresh. Going back to another tab gives it first in dark mode, but when refreshing it goes to light mode... Until I go back to the dashboard... then i starts over again.
Extra information:
1. When moving to the Dynamic Dashboard it seems to work and on my mobile only when additionally "Mobile = ForceDesktop" is used --> problem is only linked with the "old dashboard" or when using Mobile = AutoDetect on mobile devices.
2. He solution described above is while I am using Domoticz on local host. I have also a external domain name using a reverse proxy. However in that case the settings seems not to be taken over. While I fixed it on "Always light", eg the browser still shows the toggle icon to switch when using the external domain name, eg while the toasts are set off, they are still coming also... And I deleted the cache already.

Somebody can help?
pfloryann
Posts: 253
Joined: Wednesday 09 January 2019 10:14
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: BlooeSky
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by pfloryann »

There are problems with navigating between pages. If the tab remains open for a while and you want to switch between utilities and switches for example, the url changes but the widgets do not change, or they change very slowly after some time. Otherwise it's a very beautiful theme.
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 4 Debian 13 x64
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

better file a report on github.

I filed 4 issues sofar. hopefully they will be picked up.
Filip
Posts: 135
Joined: Thursday 03 November 2016 10:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Filip »

I was investigation the problem wrt settings that are not taken up (see topics above) and suddenly the settings in the domoticz.db were gone... and Domoticz not useable anymore. I had to restore a copy taken yesterday.
I suspect that when saving settings to domoticz, something went wrong, leading to overwriting the data with empty values.
Hope it will be solved somewhere some time.
Kr,
F
hjzwiers
Posts: 310
Joined: Friday 12 January 2018 8:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by hjzwiers »

I have the same problem, running domoticz from dockge. I created the file - ./config/www/styles/nightglass:/opt/domoticz/www/styles/nightglass and restarted, but nothing (and of course set the theme in settings ....)
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

which docker version and did you enable dynamic dashboard?
i mapped everything to opt/domoticz/www/styles so all the themes are external. nor sdure if this is a good thing

hjzwiers wrote: Wednesday 24 June 2026 12:31 I have the same problem, running domoticz from dockge. I created the file - ./config/www/styles/nightglass:/opt/domoticz/www/styles/nightglass and restarted, but nothing (and of course set the theme in settings ....)
User avatar
waltervl
Posts: 7012
Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by waltervl »

For docker you have 2 options:
1. As mentioned in the docker wiki mount an extra volume and place the nightglass stylesheet there. You have to place the other stylesheets there too else you cannot switch templates. These extra Domoticz default themes will then not be updated on a Domoticz container update. or you have to copy them again.
2. Install the nightglass theme in the docker container itself. But then you have to install it again after every Domoticz docker update with the customstart.sh script (see docker wiki for reference)
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Gravityz
Posts: 755
Joined: Wednesday 16 December 2015 19:13
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 🌙 Nightglass Theme (WIP)

Post by Gravityz »

Hi Waltervl.

regarding point 1:
i have it running that way but i believe you can also map just 1 external theme and leave the rest default(which will update on every container update. this way you still should be able to switch between default theme(internal) and nightglass(external)
this might be a better solution for me
true the external theme needs to be updates manually but it is only a git pull command inside that external directory(synology in my case)
Post Reply