Domoticz GPSD Plugin

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
redhouse
Posts: 9
Joined: Tuesday 10 August 2021 18:02
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Domoticz GPSD Plugin

Post by redhouse »

For those interested, I created a Domoticz plugin to display the most relevant information from a gpsd daemon to a domoticz text device. You can find the plugin and additional information here: https://github.com/marceldbo/Domoticz-GPSD-plugin

Some background information:
The idea for this plugin started when I made a small Raspberry Pi HAT with a GPS Module from one of the Chinese Warehouses. The initial goal of the GPS HAT was to serve accurate time to my home network using gpsd and chrony. This works perfectly, however I was missing a simple dashboard to view the status information of the gpsd daemon. Together with ChatGPT I created a plugin for Domoticz that, once installed, creates a domoticz text device, and polls the gpsd.socket 2947 every 30 seconds, and presents the most relevant data to this device.
Post Reply