Python Plugin : Broadlink

Python and python framework

Moderator: leecollings

zak45
Posts: 954
Joined: Sunday 22 January 2017 11:37
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: V2024.4
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink

Post by zak45 »

antonis wrote: Monday 20 October 2025 20:43 Hello everyone can someone do a step by step instalation for the RM4 mini ? I was confused with all this. Someone shows the Broadlink RM2 with kodi remote and their plugin didnt have the RM2 in the sellection. Whats that plug in and where to find ? also did someone manage to understand why the setup.py is faulty when someone try to install it ?
what do not work on the process described at first page ?
rutek024
Posts: 3
Joined: Wednesday 26 June 2019 9:15
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink

Post by rutek024 »

gizmocuz wrote: Tuesday 21 October 2025 11:53 I know this is not the answer, but as a previous Broadlink user I want to mention I found a nice Zigbee alternative and have recently added support for this in Domoticz

Tuya Zigbee Smart IR Remote Controller (~ 9 euro)

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005008588051335.html

MOES Tuya ZigBee Smart IR Remote Control Universal Infrared (18 euro)

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004176577444.html

Working perfectly here with by AC
Could you please explain how to connect this to Domoticz?
Is there a plugin for this?
User avatar
jvdz
Posts: 2476
Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.107
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink

Post by jvdz »

You simply connect to zigbee2mqtt or other zigbee hub.
I use it to send mqtt messages via a lua script to control devices. So created dummy switches and when they switch on or off it sends the required it code to mqtt.
User avatar
TiXav
Posts: 67
Joined: Saturday 28 November 2015 22:25
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink

Post by TiXav »

I gave up this plugin and now I use this
https://github.com/eschava/broadlink-mqtt
Now I can control (Heat Pump / Tv / Soundbar / candles(LED) like this
from Dzvents script with executeShellCommand:

Code: Select all

topic= 'Broadlink/x/'..string.lower(folder)..'/'..string.lower(name)
--         Broadlink/x/tv/volminus                                --to reduce volume of my tv, so name above is the name of a push button
local CmdStr ='mosquitto_pub -t '..topic..' -m replay'
dz.executeShellCommand({
	command = CmdStr,
	callback = 'Retour_Mosquitto',
	timeout = 2,
})
In Mqtt explorer:
MQTTexplorer.png
MQTTexplorer.png (12.45 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
In fact the topic above correspond to the folder/file where the IR command is stored
Folder where located the IR command.png
Folder where located the IR command.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
The best : I copy the old IR commands from the python broadlink plugin (the .ini files) into the folder of the broadlink-mqtt (I renamed them and keep in, only the IR code) and it's working WELL!

There is also an automatic learning functionality of new IR code but I did not use it yet

I hope that would help someone...
pfloryann
Posts: 253
Joined: Wednesday 09 January 2019 10:14
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: BlooeSky
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink

Post by pfloryann »

Hi,
Is anyone interested in a new plugin for broadlink remote? It's still in progress.
Attachments
b1.png
b1.png (65.42 KiB) Viewed 299 times
b2.png
b2.png (71 KiB) Viewed 299 times
Domoticz on Raspberry Pi 4 Debian 13 x64
Zigbee2mqtt and zigbee devices (Xiaomi, Ikea,Tuya, Philips, Osram), Broadlink, Solar power Victron Energy, Yeelight, Xiaomi Purifier Pro, Roborock S5, Gree AC, JBL soundbar, Philips Android Tv
Post Reply