Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum .
Moderators: leecollings , remb0
rogerthn
Posts: 28 Joined: Thursday 26 July 2018 12:07
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:
Post
by rogerthn » Monday 05 May 2025 14:01
I did try SolarEdge_ModbusTCP on bookworm with no luck
I ended up using pymodbus-2.4.0, pyserial-3.4 and solaredge_modbus-0.6.5 that I did have running on buster.
On bookworm as normal user
Code: Select all
mv /home/USER/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/* /home/USER/SAVED_site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymodbus ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymodbus-2.4.0.dist-info ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyserial-3.4.dist-info ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/solaredge_modbus ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
scp -pr pi@buster:/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/solaredge_modbus-0.6.5.dist-info ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/
Total size of site packages 3.1MB, compressed 650kB.
Please let me know if I should try to upload the tarball
Good luck
jannl
Posts: 870 Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
Location: Geleen
Contact:
Post
by jannl » Monday 05 May 2025 14:20
This is how I got the modbus connection working, in buster.
Code: Select all
pip3 install modbus==0.8.0
pip3 uninstall pymodbus
pip3 install pymodbus==3.6.9
The code used runs in my customstartup.sh I use in docker.
The problem for me is more computing the correct value for raw sun production, escpecially when using a battery and ev-charger. There is actually no value in the modbus registers for the raw sun production. But I am getting there and may be I will take the occasional miscalculculation for granted.
madpatrick
Posts: 885 Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Post
by madpatrick » Monday 05 May 2025 16:59
Hi Guys,
I have found this plugin which works with my Soleradge (and also of JvdZ)
https://github.com/addiejanssen/domotic ... tcp-plugin
This is how i got it to work
Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/addiejanssen/domoticz-solaredge-modbustcp-plugin
Restart your domoticz and check your devices
Maybe somebody know how to use the latest version of pymodbus instead of downgrading ?
Using the latetst version give the following error
Code: Select all
No module named 'pymodbus.client.sync'
jannl
Posts: 870 Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2026.1.x
Location: Geleen
Contact:
Post
by jannl » Tuesday 06 May 2025 9:35
It works here with pymodbus 3.6.9 as is in my previous post.
jvdz
Posts: 2476 Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.107
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Post
by jvdz » Tuesday 06 May 2025 10:08
jannl wrote: Tuesday 06 May 2025 9:35
It works here with pymodbus 3.6.9 as is in my previous post.
That indeed works too! Thanks for sharing.
EDIT: When you update requirements.txt in the plugin directory to:
Code: Select all
pymodbus==3.6.9
solaredge_modbus==0.8.0
and then run : sudo pip3 install -r /home/pi/domoticz/plugins/SolarEdge/requirements.txt
It will also be fine as the newer version of pymodbus is uninstalled in favor of 3.6.9
madpatrick
Posts: 885 Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Post
by madpatrick » Sunday 25 May 2025 20:03
Hi Guys,
I've a strange daily value which i don't see in the reports or logs
2025-05-25 20_00_05-Domoticz - Overige.png (13.73 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
2025-05-25 20_03_47-Domoticz - Devices_891_Log.png (7.76 KiB) Viewed 5778 times
Any idea where this is coming from or how to correct?
waltervl
Posts: 7019 Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:
Post
by waltervl » Sunday 25 May 2025 23:52
I have seen this reported more before. Seems to be an error on the SolarEdge side suddenly reporting strange values.
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
madpatrick
Posts: 885 Joined: Monday 26 December 2016 12:17
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.1
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Post
by madpatrick » Saturday 31 May 2025 8:22
Are you sure ?
My Toon is also givin a large number and this is readingout the P1
2025-05-31 08_50_43-Domoticz - Overige.png (8.73 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
And i installed the plugin on an old Version: 2023.2 (build 15462)
Which looks correct
2025-05-31 08_51_06-Domoticz - Overige.png (9.41 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
SunnyDomoticz
Posts: 7 Joined: Friday 02 May 2025 17:51
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:
Post
by SunnyDomoticz » Saturday 31 May 2025 9:15
madpatrick wrote: Saturday 31 May 2025 8:22
Are you sure ?
My Toon is also givin a large number and this is readingout the P1
2025-05-31 08_50_43-Domoticz - Overige.png
And i installed the plugin on an old Version: 2023.2 (build 15462)
Which looks correct
2025-05-31 08_51_06-Domoticz - Overige.png
Isn't this the total production of the PV installation? (Labeled wrong)
SunnyDomoticz
Posts: 7 Joined: Friday 02 May 2025 17:51
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:
Post
by SunnyDomoticz » Saturday 31 May 2025 9:24
Did anyone get the AddieJanssen plugin working on Pi OS Bookworm ? Whatever I try I keep getting the × This environment is externally managed message.
The same happens when I try the sunspec_ardexa method.
waltervl
Posts: 7019 Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:
Post
by waltervl » Saturday 31 May 2025 12:15
SunnyDomoticz wrote: Saturday 31 May 2025 9:24
Did anyone get the AddieJanssen plugin working on Pi OS
Bookworm ? Whatever I try I keep getting the
× This environment is externally managed message.
The same happens when I try the sunspec_ardexa method.
See this section in the wiki
https://wiki.domoticz.com/Using_Python_ ... ules_fails
Bookworm handles Python modules differently then before.
See also the following link where one of the plugin authors explains the issue
https://zigbeefordomoticz.github.io/wik ... alEnv.html
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
SunnyDomoticz
Posts: 7 Joined: Friday 02 May 2025 17:51
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:
Post
by SunnyDomoticz » Sunday 01 June 2025 20:07
Thank you, I actually got the message after using the second tutorial you posted: "Successfully installed pymodbus-3.9.2 solaredge_modbus-0.7"!
I can find SolarEdge ModbusTCP in hardware and when adding I get a message stating the devices are added to the devices, but none show up. Any tips?
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 401 Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:
Post
by imautohuttraeger » Wednesday 04 June 2025 10:18
SunnyDomoticz wrote: Sunday 01 June 2025 20:07
Thank you, I actually got the message after using the second tutorial you posted: "Successfully installed pymodbus-3.9.2 solaredge_modbus-0.7"!
I can find SolarEdge ModbusTCP in hardware and when adding I get a message stating the devices are added to the devices, but none show up. Any tips?
I had the same problem and solved it by @jannl 's instruction in above post from May 05.
viewtopic.php?p=326370#p326370
Quoting:
Post by jannl » Monday 05 May 2025 14:20
This is how I got the modbus connection working, in buster.
Code: Select all
pip3 install modbus==0.8.0
pip3 uninstall pymodbus
pip3 install pymodbus==3.6.9
The code used runs in my customstartup.sh I use in docker.
The problem for me is more computing the correct value for raw sun production, escpecially when using a battery and ev-charger. There is actually no value in the modbus registers for the raw sun production. But I am getting there and may be I will take the occasional miscalculculation for granted
Stop, look and listen.
imautohuttraeger
Posts: 401 Joined: Saturday 14 March 2020 13:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Germany
Contact:
Post
by imautohuttraeger » Wednesday 04 June 2025 11:46
Has anyone managed to get the Solaredge batterie via Modbus TCP? Or any other solution to get the batterie data and integrated intoto the energy dashboard?
Stop, look and listen.
Quest24
Posts: 15 Joined: Tuesday 17 November 2020 22:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 2025-2
Contact:
Post
by Quest24 » Friday 12 December 2025 14:44
I have it working on my pi-5 running 64 bit bookworm using the instruction above.
I extended all python instructions with --break-system-packages
This is the dirty way to ignore the 'venv' errors