Strange entry in my logfile
Moderators: leecollings, remb0
-
costo
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Tuesday 11 August 2015 17:35
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2025.1
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Strange entry in my logfile
I have my Domoticz run on a raspberry pi 3B.
On my Fritz!Box router I have made my raspberry accessable from the internet. I sometimes see messages like this in the logfile:
2024-02-04 19:23:21.793 Error: Error parsing http request address: ::ffff:172.233.57.39
but not so much that I worry about these attempts.
I have changed the 8080 port externally to a different high number port, all in IPv4
Ofcourse access to the Pi and to domoticz is protected with a password.
But this morning I found a strange entry in my logfile:
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 subtype = Interface Command
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 Sequence nbr = 47
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 Status: Incoming Domoticz connection from: 194.165.16.73
It looks like this IP got access to the Raspberry Pi or domoticz ?
I have no idea what the messages subtype and nbr mean.
Can someone enlighten me what could be going on here ?
On my Fritz!Box router I have made my raspberry accessable from the internet. I sometimes see messages like this in the logfile:
2024-02-04 19:23:21.793 Error: Error parsing http request address: ::ffff:172.233.57.39
but not so much that I worry about these attempts.
I have changed the 8080 port externally to a different high number port, all in IPv4
Ofcourse access to the Pi and to domoticz is protected with a password.
But this morning I found a strange entry in my logfile:
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 subtype = Interface Command
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 Sequence nbr = 47
2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 Status: Incoming Domoticz connection from: 194.165.16.73
It looks like this IP got access to the Raspberry Pi or domoticz ?
I have no idea what the messages subtype and nbr mean.
Can someone enlighten me what could be going on here ?
-
Daik
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Friday 02 February 2024 19:23
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2024.4
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
194.165.16.73 is a local network Ip adress. Are you sure that it does not come from one of your devices?
-
lost
- Posts: 716
- Joined: Thursday 10 November 2016 9:30
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
That's not correct, this IP is not in one of the private IPv4 range.Daik wrote: Thursday 08 February 2024 10:21 194.165.16.73 is a local network Ip adress. Are you sure that it does not come from one of your devices?
Code: Select all
whois 194.165.16.73Code: Select all
role: FLYSERVERS GLOBAL NETWORK OPERATION CENTRE
address: 50th Street, Global Bank Tower, Suite 1801
address: Panama-
lost
- Posts: 716
- Joined: Thursday 10 November 2016 9:30
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
Opening http to the outside/WAN, that's kind of playing russian roulette with 5 bullets in the barrel: That's all un-ciphered including password.costo wrote: Monday 05 February 2024 13:14 I have changed the 8080 port externally to a different high number port, all in IPv4
Ofcourse access to the Pi and to domoticz is protected with a password.
=> Open https, but you'll need a domain (no-ip provides free ones) if not already done for your http WAN use + certificate (let's encrypt, as self-signed like Domoticz default one are more & more refused by browsers no more allowing such exceptions). And meantime remove your redirection & change password! Also check carefully if you don't have suspect processes/behavior on the host running domoticz.
- waltervl
- Posts: 7018
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
IP 172.233.57.39 could be an internal Docker IP. Is Domoticz running in a docker environment?
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
-
Tukker
- Posts: 674
- Joined: Sunday 01 November 2015 22:45
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 2023.2
- Location: Twente
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
I don't think so.
My personal solution is having the RPI solely local and connect from outside using Wireguard (PiVPN)
Wireguard establishes a tunnel where no-one can snoop or interfere.
Wireguard establishes a tunnel where no-one can snoop or interfere.
Bugs bug me.
-
costo
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Tuesday 11 August 2015 17:35
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2025.1
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
Nope , Domoticz runs on a Raspi3B with only Domoticz installedwaltervl wrote: Thursday 08 February 2024 11:18 IP 172.233.57.39 could be an internal Docker IP. Is Domoticz running in a docker environment?
-
costo
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Tuesday 11 August 2015 17:35
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2025.1
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
Nothing essential running on Domoticz or the RasPi. It runs like this for several years so I can monitor my system (and home) when I'm away.lost wrote: Thursday 08 February 2024 10:35Opening http to the outside/WAN, that's kind of playing russian roulette with 5 bullets in the barrel: That's all un-ciphered including password.costo wrote: Monday 05 February 2024 13:14 I have changed the 8080 port externally to a different high number port, all in IPv4
Ofcourse access to the Pi and to domoticz is protected with a password.
=> Open https, but you'll need a domain (no-ip provides free ones) if not already done for your http WAN use + certificate (let's encrypt, as self-signed like Domoticz default one are more & more refused by browsers no more allowing such exceptions). And meantime remove your redirection & change password! Also check carefully if you don't have suspect processes/behavior on the host running domoticz.
I was just wondering what these things mean:
subtype = Interface Command
Sequence nbr = 4
It looks like these were launched from the unknown IP address.
-
Kedi
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Monday 20 March 2023 14:41
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: latest
- Location: Somewhere in NL
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
You are just 1 step away from being compromized.costo wrote: Monday 05 February 2024 13:14 2024-02-05 07:55:02.172 Status: Incoming Domoticz connection from: 194.165.16.73
If the next line reads:
Code: Select all
Status: Login successful from x.x.x.x for user 'YYYY'
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
-
lost
- Posts: 716
- Joined: Thursday 10 November 2016 9:30
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version:
- Contact:
Re: Strange entry in my logfile
Nothing essential, but you have the possibility to allow a secure remote access. The PI in in your lan so may be used to bounce/compromise other elements... Or just doing bad things that will appear coming from you at 1st sight & may bring police early one morning, behaving like wild boars in your home until they understand you're not the guilty one (IMO, for such problem, this'll take time & turn to a... very bad time for you & relatives).costo wrote: Thursday 08 February 2024 18:55 Nothing essential running on Domoticz or the RasPi. It runs like this for several years so I can monitor my system (and home) when I'm away.
If you want to better know what theses messages are for, as I don't see them on my secured setup, that's open source so a white box: Upload the source (preferably the version you use), do a recursive grep on some invariant part of the message/without what may be added by logger or any variable element and read the code around to know if this may be an issue or not (for now).