Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
PietjePuck
Posts: 20
Joined: Monday 16 March 2020 15:51
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Post by PietjePuck »

Recently i bought a EcoDim ED-10017 wireless zwave switch dimmer it is not recognized when i add it to the z-wave network it is listed ad Unknown.
It looks like this switch is the same as the Sunricher sr-zv9001k2-dim but is has a different product id. The sunricher is listed as :
<Product config="sunricher/srzv9001k2dim.xml" id="a30f" name="Wall Controller - SR-ZV9001K2-DIM" type="0300"/>

the manufacturer id of this switch is 0x0330 (the same as sunricher)
The Product type ID is 0x0003
The product ID is 0xa307
I tried to edit this manual in the manufacterer_specific.xml and added the sunricher/srzv9001k2dim.xml file but the switch is not working.
Is there anybody out there who can help solve this issue ?

Thx
nschoot
Posts: 27
Joined: Thursday 23 August 2018 23:28
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.11590
Location: Delwijnen
Contact:

Re: Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Post by nschoot »

Hi,

Did you get this controller to work?
Using Zwave, Philips Hue, Raspberry Pi, Machinon Theme
nschoot
Posts: 27
Joined: Thursday 23 August 2018 23:28
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.11590
Location: Delwijnen
Contact:

Re: Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Post by nschoot »

I used your approach and created an xml file and entry for the wall switch. I rebooted the system and it is now "recognized"... But it does not change a thing really.

What I noticed is that the "Last Seen" updates for the correct device when I click a button, but no data change, nor any data logged.

Is there a way to implement better support for this device myself??

I could also build something that assumes a button pressed when Last Seen is changed for a device. Not pretty, but will work.
Using Zwave, Philips Hue, Raspberry Pi, Machinon Theme
nschoot
Posts: 27
Joined: Thursday 23 August 2018 23:28
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.11590
Location: Delwijnen
Contact:

Re: Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Post by nschoot »

Ok, found a way to work around this:

I named the buttons $RemoteOn and $RemoteOff (The $ hides the buttons from the switches screen). I can tell which is which, by the Last Updated field that updates when I press each button (in the Settings -> Devices list). Based on that I created two simple DzVents scripts:

return {
on = {
devices = { '$RemoteOn' }
},
logging = {
level = domoticz.LOG_INFO,
marker = 'ED-10018 Wall Switch',
},
execute = function(domoticz, device)
domoticz.log('Device ' .. device.name .. ' was changed', domoticz.LOG_INFO)
domoticz.groups('Verlichting Paarden').switchOn()
end
}

and its counterpart:

return {
on = {
devices = { '$RemoteOff' }
},
logging = {
level = domoticz.LOG_INFO,
marker = 'ED-10018 Wall Switch',
},
execute = function(domoticz, device)
domoticz.log('Device ' .. device.name .. ' was changed', domoticz.LOG_INFO)
domoticz.groups('Verlichting Paarden').switchOff()
end
}
Using Zwave, Philips Hue, Raspberry Pi, Machinon Theme
nschoot
Posts: 27
Joined: Thursday 23 August 2018 23:28
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version: 4.11590
Location: Delwijnen
Contact:

Re: Z-Wave support for EcoDim ED-10017 Wall switch Dimmer

Post by nschoot »

One last thing: I updated the manufacturer xml, but I also copied the srzv9001k2dim.xml file and changed the product id in there, to match this device.
Using Zwave, Philips Hue, Raspberry Pi, Machinon Theme
Post Reply