I have created an issue against Domoticz as the Options field seems to be overwritten when you are adding a Selector Action
https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/issues/2763
Looks like Options is overwritten by Domoticz Selector Action
Moderator: leecollings
Looks like Options is overwritten by Domoticz Selector Action
Last edited by pipiche on Tuesday 09 October 2018 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Looks like Options is override by Selector Action
I'm a bit disappointed ,
as the result is Options is a field which is and must remain only for Domoticz purpose and there is no reason that any plugin should write/store informations in it.
I'm starting to see quiet a number of limitation in the Python Framework when it is about developing a more complex plugin,n while I feel it was making a lot of sense, in order for instance to de-couple Domoticz as such to the Plugin world. And if Complex plugin requires Native development this will even increase the complexity of the Domoticz code !
as the result is Options is a field which is and must remain only for Domoticz purpose and there is no reason that any plugin should write/store informations in it.
I'm starting to see quiet a number of limitation in the Python Framework when it is about developing a more complex plugin,n while I feel it was making a lot of sense, in order for instance to de-couple Domoticz as such to the Plugin world. And if Complex plugin requires Native development this will even increase the complexity of the Domoticz code !