Yes, that is the idea of the refresh token, to become a new token each time
Remeha eTwist
Moderators: leecollings, remb0
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Thanks for reporting. Here it is also working again!
Yes, that is the idea of the refresh token, to become a new token each time
Yes, that is the idea of the refresh token, to become a new token each time
Quality outlives Quantity!
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Hello. At first thank you @Tuk90 for this plugin. Always nice to keep track over a period of time and be able to tweak the system to maximize the output.
I seem to have no output anymore since I switched on the Elga Ace today. Had it whtiched off for the summer. Seems to have happened when updating Domoticz somewhere in august. Domoticz restarted ofcourse and all remeha counters were in red. Thought that was normal because I cut off the power to the Elga Ace so no communication was possible. This is what I found in the logfile:
2025-09-11 11:16:23.776 Error: Remeha hardware (11) thread seems to have ended unexpectedly
Anyone familiar with this error? Are there other places to look and see what's going wrong?
I use this build of domoticz: Version: 2025.1 (build 16777)
Thank you, hope to get some positive response.
I seem to have no output anymore since I switched on the Elga Ace today. Had it whtiched off for the summer. Seems to have happened when updating Domoticz somewhere in august. Domoticz restarted ofcourse and all remeha counters were in red. Thought that was normal because I cut off the power to the Elga Ace so no communication was possible. This is what I found in the logfile:
2025-09-11 11:16:23.776 Error: Remeha hardware (11) thread seems to have ended unexpectedly
Anyone familiar with this error? Are there other places to look and see what's going wrong?
I use this build of domoticz: Version: 2025.1 (build 16777)
Thank you, hope to get some positive response.
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
I found some more after stopping and starting device and going right into the log:
2025-09-11 16:26:48.832 Error: Remeha: (RemehaHome) failed to load 'plugin.py', Python Path used was '/opt/domoticz/userdata/plugins/RemehaHome-Domoticz/:/usr/lib/python311.zip:/usr/lib/python3.11:/usr/lib/python3.11/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3.11/dist-packages'.
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: Traceback (most recent call last):
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: File "/opt/domoticz/userdata/plugins/RemehaHome-Domoticz/plugin.py", line 23, in <module>
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: import requests
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
I did not change anything from when it worked. Maybe this gives some clues
2025-09-11 16:26:48.832 Error: Remeha: (RemehaHome) failed to load 'plugin.py', Python Path used was '/opt/domoticz/userdata/plugins/RemehaHome-Domoticz/:/usr/lib/python311.zip:/usr/lib/python3.11:/usr/lib/python3.11/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python3.11/dist-packages'.
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: Traceback (most recent call last):
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: File "/opt/domoticz/userdata/plugins/RemehaHome-Domoticz/plugin.py", line 23, in <module>
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: import requests
2025-09-11 16:26:48.843 Error: Remeha: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
I did not change anything from when it worked. Maybe this gives some clues
- waltervl
- Posts: 7016
- Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
- Target OS: Linux
- Domoticz version: 2026.3
- Location: NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
The request python module seems to be removed. Did you update the Domoticz container? Because then you have to reinstall all the python modules of the plugin again. Or make a docker custom start script as explained on the docker to install the python modules at container update: wiki https://wiki.domoticz.com/Docker
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
The 'requests' python library is included as default since the beginning of the docker container.
It seems it cannot find it anymore.
I updated my docker container to the latest (beta) version, and I can still use this plugin.
From which version did you update?
Currently I have nothing in the customshart.sh script that installs additional python libraries, sure not for this plugin
Did you try updating the plugin as well?
It seems it cannot find it anymore.
I updated my docker container to the latest (beta) version, and I can still use this plugin.
From which version did you update?
Currently I have nothing in the customshart.sh script that installs additional python libraries, sure not for this plugin
Did you try updating the plugin as well?
Quality outlives Quantity!
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Sorry for the NOOB questions but Linux is not my strongpoint and can not always make sense of folder structures. This is a synology NAS but should follow the same basics of Linux I presume.
my docker is installed in: VOLUME2/docker
in this folder I have these: download/file.php?mode=view&id=34320&si ... 1401be0bfb
Domoticz container variables are:
"env_variables" : [
{
"key" : "PATH",
"value" : "/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
},
{
"key" : "LOG_PATH",
"value" : "/opt/domoticz/userdata/domoticz.log"
},
{
"key" : "DATABASE_PATH",
"value" : "/opt/domoticz/userdata/domoticz.db"
},
{
So, I have no Userdata folder and still it works, exept for the remeha plugin offcourse. I presume /opt is the root of the docker container itself?
It worked when I installed the plugin somewhere in april or so. Ik have also some other stuff running like mqttmapper, homewizzard and some stuff I'm experimenting with but not all are active.
my docker is installed in: VOLUME2/docker
in this folder I have these: download/file.php?mode=view&id=34320&si ... 1401be0bfb
Domoticz container variables are:
"env_variables" : [
{
"key" : "PATH",
"value" : "/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
},
{
"key" : "LOG_PATH",
"value" : "/opt/domoticz/userdata/domoticz.log"
},
{
"key" : "DATABASE_PATH",
"value" : "/opt/domoticz/userdata/domoticz.db"
},
{
So, I have no Userdata folder and still it works, exept for the remeha plugin offcourse. I presume /opt is the root of the docker container itself?
It worked when I installed the plugin somewhere in april or so. Ik have also some other stuff running like mqttmapper, homewizzard and some stuff I'm experimenting with but not all are active.
- Attachments
-
- plugins.png (9.21 KiB) Viewed 117719 times
-
- foldersdmtcz.png (10.32 KiB) Viewed 117719 times
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
I reinstalled the plugin but still it's not working. The last timestamp it still worked was aug 12 around 21.00, can not remember if I did updates then. The version before was version 2024.7 build 16325 with Python 3.9.2 active. Now I have version 2025.1 build 16777 with Python 3.11.2 .
some pointers are much appreciated, thank you.
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
OK, finally I found a way. I think the updates made a turn somewhere with python. For anyone who has the same issue this is probably the solution.
Go into the Container-Manager and choose the domoticz one under 'Container'. Under 'Action' in the right upper corner you can open a terminal make and do the commands (Tab 'Terminal' -> Make and click the 'Bash' tab)
Run the following commands:
apt install python3
apt install python3-requests
after this I restarted Domoticz and the remeha plugin works again. Maybe the first is not necessary but any way.
Hope this can help someone.
Cheers!
Go into the Container-Manager and choose the domoticz one under 'Container'. Under 'Action' in the right upper corner you can open a terminal make and do the commands (Tab 'Terminal' -> Make and click the 'Bash' tab)
Run the following commands:
apt install python3
apt install python3-requests
after this I restarted Domoticz and the remeha plugin works again. Maybe the first is not necessary but any way.
Hope this can help someone.
Cheers!
- jvdz
- Posts: 2476
- Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 4.107
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
I am having issue with Remeha connection again since 16:45 and still having issues to connect.
Others having the same issue with the plugin or is it me?
Others having the same issue with the plugin or is it me?
- jvdz
- Posts: 2476
- Joined: Tuesday 30 December 2014 19:25
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: 4.107
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Believe the problem is related to the worldwide microsoft problem. App is also failing.
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Here I am again
Each time I do an update on Domoticz, the Remeha Plugin fails and Python seems not to be installed in de Domoticz docker Container. The log states that the requests module is not found. The command's I stated before seem not to work each time and always a struggle to get it working again. I now seem to have found the commands that work. So follow the way to the terminal in my previous mail and then these little different commands.
apt-get install python3
apt-get install python3-requests
Restart the domoticz container and voila! it works again
If anyone knows why this happens in every update of the Domoticz container please let me know.
Cheers!
Each time I do an update on Domoticz, the Remeha Plugin fails and Python seems not to be installed in de Domoticz docker Container. The log states that the requests module is not found. The command's I stated before seem not to work each time and always a struggle to get it working again. I now seem to have found the commands that work. So follow the way to the terminal in my previous mail and then these little different commands.
apt-get install python3
apt-get install python3-requests
Restart the domoticz container and voila! it works again
If anyone knows why this happens in every update of the Domoticz container please let me know.
Cheers!
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
These commands should not be used.
Python 3 is already installed, you can verify this by going to your container with (for example)
docker exec -it domoticz bash
and then issue
python3
or python
I use this plugin myself and update very frequently.
You installed the plugin (s) in the folder config/plugins ?
And you are using the official documentation and you docker compose file includes:
volumes:
- ./config:/opt/domoticz/userdata
I just upgraded an can confirm it works... love the plugin!
Python 3 is already installed, you can verify this by going to your container with (for example)
docker exec -it domoticz bash
and then issue
python3
or python
I use this plugin myself and update very frequently.
You installed the plugin (s) in the folder config/plugins ?
And you are using the official documentation and you docker compose file includes:
volumes:
- ./config:/opt/domoticz/userdata
I just upgraded an can confirm it works... love the plugin!
Quality outlives Quantity!
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Sorry gizmoguz, I just see your remark after I updated my domoticz docker container and again the ElgaAce plugin is not working after the update and this time my own suggested commands are not working. It's crazy. It worked the last time. The plugin worked flawlessly until now.
When I go into the bash and type python3 just to see if there is a reaction it just says:
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz/plugins# python3
bash: python3: command not found
If I try to install with apt-get it can not find any package.
The 'about' page in Domoticz states python version 3.11.2
I have the volumes includes the way you wrote. It seems that every time when I update it breaks python within the container and now I can't even install python, when I do 'apt-get install python3.11' I get this:
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get install python3.11
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-minimal' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-stdlib' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-dev' for regex 'python3.11'
libpython3.11 is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-stdlib is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-dev is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-minimal is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Really weird
Outside docker the NAS has ash-4.4# python3 -V Python 3.8.15
If you or somebody else can help me a bit it would be highly appreciated
Thank you.
When I go into the bash and type python3 just to see if there is a reaction it just says:
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz/plugins# python3
bash: python3: command not found
If I try to install with apt-get it can not find any package.
The 'about' page in Domoticz states python version 3.11.2
I have the volumes includes the way you wrote. It seems that every time when I update it breaks python within the container and now I can't even install python, when I do 'apt-get install python3.11' I get this:
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get install python3.11
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-minimal' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-stdlib' for regex 'python3.11'
Note, selecting 'libpython3.11-dev' for regex 'python3.11'
libpython3.11 is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-stdlib is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-dev is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
libpython3.11-minimal is already the newest version (3.11.2-6+deb12u6).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Really weird
Outside docker the NAS has ash-4.4# python3 -V Python 3.8.15
If you or somebody else can help me a bit it would be highly appreciated
Thank you.
Last edited by winner61 on Saturday 18 April 2026 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
That is impossible.
If you use the official docker and issue
docker exec -it domoticz bash
you do have python available inside docker:
If you use the official docker and issue
docker exec -it domoticz bash
you do have python available inside docker:
Code: Select all
rob@odroidhc4:~$ docker exec -it domoticz bash
root@97f415588e61:/opt/domoticz# python --version
Python 3.11.2
root@97f415588e61:/opt/domoticz# python3 --version
Python 3.11.2
root@97f415588e61:/opt/domoticz#
Quality outlives Quantity!
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
It's crazy but it's not.
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python --version
bash: python: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 --version
bash: python3: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python --version
bash: python: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 --version
bash: python3: command not found
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
when I got into another pugin I get this:
ash-4.4# docker exec -it grott bash
bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
root@grott:/app# python --version
Python 3.12.4
ash-4.4# docker exec -it grott bash
bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
root@grott:/app# python --version
Python 3.12.4
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
I got it working again in the weirdest way.
FIRST do a 'apt-get update'
I checked which commands I could do with apt-get and there was 'reinstall'
So I did apt-get reinstall python3.11 and after succesfully did so I issued the python3 command, still 'command not found' .
Then I did 'apt-get reinstall python3.11-requests' , but could not find the package.
Then I did 'apt-get reinstall python3-requests' and it installed the package
Did the python3 command and yes, it responded
Restarted the Domoticz container and the ElgaAce plugin was working again. Jeeez what a workout.
Below the output of the commands I did.
Thanks for keeping up with me
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3.11
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
python3.11-minimal
Suggested packages:
python3.11-venv python3.11-doc binutils binfmt-support
The following NEW packages will be installed:
python3.11 python3.11-minimal
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2637 kB of archives.
After this operation, 7589 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3.11-minimal amd64 3.11.2-6+deb12u6 [2064 kB]
Get:2 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3.11 amd64 3.11.2-6+deb12u6 [573 kB]
Fetched 2637 kB in 0s (23.9 MB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package python3.11-minimal.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14779 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../python3.11-minimal_3.11.2-6+deb12u6_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3.11-minimal (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3.11.
Preparing to unpack .../python3.11_3.11.2-6+deb12u6_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3.11 (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Setting up python3.11-minimal (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Setting up python3.11 (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 --version
bash: python3: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3.11-requests
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package python3.11-requests
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python3.11-requests'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python3.11-requests'
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3-requests
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
libpython3-stdlib python3 python3-certifi python3-chardet python3-charset-normalizer python3-idna python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-six python3-urllib3
Suggested packages:
python3-doc python3-tk python3-venv python3-setuptools python3-cryptography python3-openssl python3-socks python-requests-doc python3-brotli
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libpython3-stdlib python3 python3-certifi python3-chardet python3-charset-normalizer python3-idna python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-requests
python3-six python3-urllib3
0 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 911 kB of archives.
After this operation, 4130 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-minimal amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [26.3 kB]
Get:2 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 libpython3-stdlib amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [9312 B]
Get:3 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3 amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [26.3 kB]
Get:4 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-certifi all 2022.9.24-1 [153 kB]
Get:5 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-pkg-resources all 66.1.1-1+deb12u2 [297 kB]
Get:6 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-chardet all 5.1.0+dfsg-2 [110 kB]
Get:7 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-charset-normalizer all 3.0.1-2 [49.3 kB]
Get:8 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-idna all 3.3-1+deb12u1 [41.0 kB]
Get:9 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-six all 1.16.0-4 [17.5 kB]
Get:10 deb.debian.org/debian-security bookworm-security/main amd64 python3-urllib3 all 1.26.12-1+deb12u3 [114 kB]
Get:11 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-requests all 2.28.1+dfsg-1 [67.9 kB]
Fetched 911 kB in 0s (10.3 MB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package python3-minimal.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14811 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../python3-minimal_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3-minimal (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libpython3-stdlib:amd64.
Preparing to unpack .../libpython3-stdlib_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libpython3-stdlib:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Setting up python3-minimal (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14838 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../0-python3_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-certifi.
Preparing to unpack .../1-python3-certifi_2022.9.24-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-certifi (2022.9.24-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-pkg-resources.
Preparing to unpack .../2-python3-pkg-resources_66.1.1-1+deb12u2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-pkg-resources (66.1.1-1+deb12u2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-chardet.
Preparing to unpack .../3-python3-chardet_5.1.0+dfsg-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-chardet (5.1.0+dfsg-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-charset-normalizer.
Preparing to unpack .../4-python3-charset-normalizer_3.0.1-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-charset-normalizer (3.0.1-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-idna.
Preparing to unpack .../5-python3-idna_3.3-1+deb12u1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-idna (3.3-1+deb12u1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-six.
Preparing to unpack .../6-python3-six_1.16.0-4_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-six (1.16.0-4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-urllib3.
Preparing to unpack .../7-python3-urllib3_1.26.12-1+deb12u3_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-urllib3 (1.26.12-1+deb12u3) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-requests.
Preparing to unpack .../8-python3-requests_2.28.1+dfsg-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-requests (2.28.1+dfsg-1) ...
Setting up libpython3-stdlib:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Setting up python3 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
running python rtupdate hooks for python3.11...
running python post-rtupdate hooks for python3.11...
Setting up python3-six (1.16.0-4) ...
Setting up python3-certifi (2022.9.24-1) ...
Setting up python3-idna (3.3-1+deb12u1) ...
Setting up python3-urllib3 (1.26.12-1+deb12u3) ...
Setting up python3-pkg-resources (66.1.1-1+deb12u2) ...
Setting up python3-charset-normalizer (3.0.1-2) ...
Setting up python3-chardet (5.1.0+dfsg-2) ...
Setting up python3-requests (2.28.1+dfsg-1) ...
ash-4.4# docker exec -it domoticz bash
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 -V
Python 3.11.2
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz#
FIRST do a 'apt-get update'
I checked which commands I could do with apt-get and there was 'reinstall'
So I did apt-get reinstall python3.11 and after succesfully did so I issued the python3 command, still 'command not found' .
Then I did 'apt-get reinstall python3.11-requests' , but could not find the package.
Then I did 'apt-get reinstall python3-requests' and it installed the package
Did the python3 command and yes, it responded
Restarted the Domoticz container and the ElgaAce plugin was working again. Jeeez what a workout.
Below the output of the commands I did.
Thanks for keeping up with me
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3.11
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
python3.11-minimal
Suggested packages:
python3.11-venv python3.11-doc binutils binfmt-support
The following NEW packages will be installed:
python3.11 python3.11-minimal
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2637 kB of archives.
After this operation, 7589 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3.11-minimal amd64 3.11.2-6+deb12u6 [2064 kB]
Get:2 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3.11 amd64 3.11.2-6+deb12u6 [573 kB]
Fetched 2637 kB in 0s (23.9 MB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package python3.11-minimal.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14779 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../python3.11-minimal_3.11.2-6+deb12u6_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3.11-minimal (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3.11.
Preparing to unpack .../python3.11_3.11.2-6+deb12u6_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3.11 (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Setting up python3.11-minimal (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
Setting up python3.11 (3.11.2-6+deb12u6) ...
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 --version
bash: python3: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3.11-requests
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package python3.11-requests
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python3.11-requests'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python3.11-requests'
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# apt-get reinstall python3-requests
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
libpython3-stdlib python3 python3-certifi python3-chardet python3-charset-normalizer python3-idna python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-six python3-urllib3
Suggested packages:
python3-doc python3-tk python3-venv python3-setuptools python3-cryptography python3-openssl python3-socks python-requests-doc python3-brotli
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libpython3-stdlib python3 python3-certifi python3-chardet python3-charset-normalizer python3-idna python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-requests
python3-six python3-urllib3
0 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 911 kB of archives.
After this operation, 4130 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-minimal amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [26.3 kB]
Get:2 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 libpython3-stdlib amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [9312 B]
Get:3 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3 amd64 3.11.2-1+b1 [26.3 kB]
Get:4 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-certifi all 2022.9.24-1 [153 kB]
Get:5 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-pkg-resources all 66.1.1-1+deb12u2 [297 kB]
Get:6 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-chardet all 5.1.0+dfsg-2 [110 kB]
Get:7 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-charset-normalizer all 3.0.1-2 [49.3 kB]
Get:8 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-idna all 3.3-1+deb12u1 [41.0 kB]
Get:9 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-six all 1.16.0-4 [17.5 kB]
Get:10 deb.debian.org/debian-security bookworm-security/main amd64 python3-urllib3 all 1.26.12-1+deb12u3 [114 kB]
Get:11 deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-requests all 2.28.1+dfsg-1 [67.9 kB]
Fetched 911 kB in 0s (10.3 MB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package python3-minimal.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14811 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../python3-minimal_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3-minimal (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libpython3-stdlib:amd64.
Preparing to unpack .../libpython3-stdlib_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libpython3-stdlib:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Setting up python3-minimal (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libc-bin' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 14838 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../0-python3_3.11.2-1+b1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking python3 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-certifi.
Preparing to unpack .../1-python3-certifi_2022.9.24-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-certifi (2022.9.24-1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-pkg-resources.
Preparing to unpack .../2-python3-pkg-resources_66.1.1-1+deb12u2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-pkg-resources (66.1.1-1+deb12u2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-chardet.
Preparing to unpack .../3-python3-chardet_5.1.0+dfsg-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-chardet (5.1.0+dfsg-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-charset-normalizer.
Preparing to unpack .../4-python3-charset-normalizer_3.0.1-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-charset-normalizer (3.0.1-2) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-idna.
Preparing to unpack .../5-python3-idna_3.3-1+deb12u1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-idna (3.3-1+deb12u1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-six.
Preparing to unpack .../6-python3-six_1.16.0-4_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-six (1.16.0-4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-urllib3.
Preparing to unpack .../7-python3-urllib3_1.26.12-1+deb12u3_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-urllib3 (1.26.12-1+deb12u3) ...
Selecting previously unselected package python3-requests.
Preparing to unpack .../8-python3-requests_2.28.1+dfsg-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking python3-requests (2.28.1+dfsg-1) ...
Setting up libpython3-stdlib:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
Setting up python3 (3.11.2-1+b1) ...
running python rtupdate hooks for python3.11...
running python post-rtupdate hooks for python3.11...
Setting up python3-six (1.16.0-4) ...
Setting up python3-certifi (2022.9.24-1) ...
Setting up python3-idna (3.3-1+deb12u1) ...
Setting up python3-urllib3 (1.26.12-1+deb12u3) ...
Setting up python3-pkg-resources (66.1.1-1+deb12u2) ...
Setting up python3-charset-normalizer (3.0.1-2) ...
Setting up python3-chardet (5.1.0+dfsg-2) ...
Setting up python3-requests (2.28.1+dfsg-1) ...
ash-4.4# docker exec -it domoticz bash
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 -V
Python 3.11.2
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz#
- gizmocuz
- Posts: 3026
- Joined: Thursday 11 July 2013 18:59
- Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
- Domoticz version: beta
- Location: Top of the world
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
You are executing the python command in your bash, and not inside the docker container.
You did not issue my above commands.
You should NOT execute python in /opt/domoticz
Nor should your system need python if Domoticz is the only application on it if you are using docker.
It is already in the docker container.
Please check my commands above and do a little investigation about what this command does, and how it works, how docker works
You did not issue my above commands.
You should NOT execute python in /opt/domoticz
Nor should your system need python if Domoticz is the only application on it if you are using docker.
It is already in the docker container.
Please check my commands above and do a little investigation about what this command does, and how it works, how docker works
Quality outlives Quantity!
- winner61
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Friday 02 August 2024 12:13
- Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
- Domoticz version: 2026.2
- Location: Friesland / NL
- Contact:
Re: Remeha eTwist
Hello Gizmocuz, I did all the commands after 'docker exec -it domoticz bash' . apt-get does not even work (no valid command) outside the container, at least not on my NAS. I presume I also can do it on the terminal function in the ContainerManager/Domoticz/Terminal, so not via putty.
I'm not really into linux so every time I run into issues I have to look over my notes and find out with help of google and forums. I don't use it often enough to let it stick.
I also finally did a domoticz update on the NAS of my brother in law who has the same ElgaAce and ran into the same issue. This time luckily it was easy with my above commands to get the plugin working again. Something must be wrong but If this works I can live with that.
I love to learn and get into docker more but in the end I know I don't use it regularly enough. But with all my tinkering I have a lot of things like MQTT, ZIgbee, Grott and Homewizard working on my NAS. Offcourse with the help of the community, places like this. I'm a happy camper
Thanks for all the remarks, it helps me thinking in all directions.
O, one thing. isn't it strange that for example the Grott plugin uses another version of Python? It shows 3.12.4 ? Where that version comes from?
root@grott:/app# python -V
Python 3.12.4
root@grott:/app# python3 -V
Python 3.12.4
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python -V
bash: python: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 -V
Python 3.11.2
I'm not really into linux so every time I run into issues I have to look over my notes and find out with help of google and forums. I don't use it often enough to let it stick.
I also finally did a domoticz update on the NAS of my brother in law who has the same ElgaAce and ran into the same issue. This time luckily it was easy with my above commands to get the plugin working again. Something must be wrong but If this works I can live with that.
I love to learn and get into docker more but in the end I know I don't use it regularly enough. But with all my tinkering I have a lot of things like MQTT, ZIgbee, Grott and Homewizard working on my NAS. Offcourse with the help of the community, places like this. I'm a happy camper
Thanks for all the remarks, it helps me thinking in all directions.
O, one thing. isn't it strange that for example the Grott plugin uses another version of Python? It shows 3.12.4 ? Where that version comes from?
root@grott:/app# python -V
Python 3.12.4
root@grott:/app# python3 -V
Python 3.12.4
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python -V
bash: python: command not found
root@domoticz:/opt/domoticz# python3 -V
Python 3.11.2