Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

For devices supporting the Auto Discovery feature. Like ZWaveJS2MQTT, Zigbee2MQTT.

Moderator: leecollings

Post Reply
calania
Posts: 22
Joined: Friday 17 April 2020 21:02
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Post by calania »

Hello! I am currently using zigbee2mqtt with mqtt auto discovery and one thing that annoys me about the current implementation is that Domoticz sets all devices it finds as "used" meaning that it appears under switches/utility etc. This is annoying since for me since a lot of device creates soooooo many unnecessary devices that I will never use. It would be so much nicer if they were set as unused by default and then I had to manually go into the setup/devices and add the once I want to use. Is there a way to make it function this way?
User avatar
waltervl
Posts: 7018
Joined: Monday 28 January 2019 18:48
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 2026.3
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Post by waltervl »

I think there is already a change prepared for this: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/pull/7055
Based on the discussion here: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/issues/7045
Domoticz running on Udoo X86 (on Ubuntu)
Devices/plugins: ZigbeeforDomoticz (with Xiaomi, Ikea, Tuya devices), Nefit Easy, Midea Airco, Omnik Solar, Goodwe Solar
calania
Posts: 22
Joined: Friday 17 April 2020 21:02
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Set auto discovered devices as unused by deafult

Post by calania »

Well that's nice timing! Hope that it gets added to the next release
Post Reply