I want to update domoticz but the update failed so i had to put back a backup sd card. The problem is dat my rpi is running on buster and it needs bookworm or better. While searching i found a site that it would be possible to upgrade the pi but was not recommended. Tried it and it failed too.RPI 3B+
Version: 2024.7
Build Hash: b317cfab1
Compile Date: 2024-07-13 16:59:31
dzVents Version: 3.1.8
Python Version: 3.7.3 (default, Mar 23 2024, 16:12:05) [GCC 8.3.0]
https://howinteresting.co.uk/blog/2024- ... d-packages
So i created a new sd card with an image of the latest firmware trixie and want to restore my files from the old OS into the new one as recommended by raspberry. They do not tell you how. https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentati ... e-software
Google told me that i could copy all directories except /boot and /etc/fstab
Here is the problem. I'm not a programmer and bad with linux.
I have an external SD car reader on USB on the rpi where i store my clone backups using rpi-clone. How can i transfer all the files that i need and exclude /boot and /etc/fstab from the old OS to the new OS.
I was able to mount the cardreader with the old OS to the new OS using
Code: Select all
sudo mkdir -p /mnt/old_os
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/old_os
Code: Select all
sudo rsync -axogHAX --delete-during --progress \
/mnt/old_os/home/pi /home/pi/