New Python plugin: Domoticz SolarEdge_ModbusTCP

Moderator: leecollings

AddieJanssen
Posts: 42
Joined: Sunday 27 September 2020 16:17
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: New Python plugin: Domoticz SolarEdge_ModbusTCP

Post by AddieJanssen »

4. The solaredge_modbus library has been archived and needs attention.
Currently working on replacing this library.

2. The detection of meters and batteries in the meters branch may not work for all inverters.
I introduced the scanner to figure this out. Based on the feedback so far, I have a pretty good understanding on how SolarEdge implemented the Sunspec and how batteries are handled by the different software versions of SolarEdge.

I am planning to release an update of the scanner that will be based on the replacement of the solaredge_modbus library.
Hope to get this out in the next 2 weeks.

Once that is done and we don't see issues with it, I will replace the solaredge_modbus library of the plugin.
hjzwiers
Posts: 309
Joined: Friday 12 January 2018 8:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: New Python plugin: Domoticz SolarEdge_ModbusTCP

Post by hjzwiers »

So basically you say start testing when the new branch is out. I wonder because i have
General: SolarEdge ModbusTCP - Inverter - Storage Control Mode with
0 Disabled
10 Maximize Self Consumption
20 Time of Use
30 Backup Only
40 Remote Control

General: SolarEdge ModbusTCP - Inverter - Remote Control Mode
0 Off
10 Charge from excess PV power only
20 Charge from PV first
30 Charge from PV and AC
40 Maximize export
50 Discharge to match load
60 unused
70 Maximize self consumption

General: SolarEdge ModbusTCP - Inverter - Storage AC Charge Policy
0 Disabled
10 Always Allowed
20 Fixed Energy Limit
30 Percent of Production

Together with all the solaredge functions (Meter1 - Total Imported Energy (Active) , Meter1 - Total Exported Energy (Active), Battery1 - State of Energy, To(+) / From(-)_Battery, Solar_Total and all the others), and some of them i've had to shorten the name ... the names are used in several functions so i dont know how much work the transfer will be .....
AddieJanssen
Posts: 42
Joined: Sunday 27 September 2020 16:17
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: New Python plugin: Domoticz SolarEdge_ModbusTCP

Post by AddieJanssen »

Sorry, but I don't understand your message...
hjzwiers
Posts: 309
Joined: Friday 12 January 2018 8:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi / ODroid
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: New Python plugin: Domoticz SolarEdge_ModbusTCP

Post by hjzwiers »

Sorry i formulated the question the way i did.

I have the inputs that i wrote and there are several outputs to the plugin, i have renamed a number of them and i reused them in a number of scripts.

I was wondering how much work it would be to transfer to your new format.
Post Reply